How To Guide S21 Ultra Debloat

Search This thread

kazlow

Mar 9, 2008
What works for one person may not work for another as there many variants of the same model.
It's best if you try to learn what the apk you're disabling does. Some have dependencies.
Some will boot loop the device if not able to run on boot up. I'm also using Karma Firewall so sometimes instead of disabling an apk I simply firewall block it to retain better functionality and ease of use. I have no easy solution that fits all. Learn by doing.

You should always be ready to do a reload with all critical your data backed up.
It's rarely needed but it can be needed at any moment with little or no warning.
That said I've never crashed an OS using a package disabler however your results may vary🤣
I use my SD card as a data drive. I can do a full restore anywhere, anytime with little or no internet connection in about 2 hours.
Without an SD card your backup alternatives are less attractive...
thank for the reply , that whole boot up loop is what i wanna avoid lol. theres gotta be some general FAQ about bloatware somewhere aand what is safe to disable and what may cause what if.

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    thank for the reply , that whole boot up loop is what i wanna avoid lol. theres gotta be some general FAQ about bloatware somewhere aand what is safe to disable and what may cause what if.

When I was first playing with XP between the Registry and other experiments I probably crashed around 50 loads. A cloned OS drive is a beautiful thing...

After 2 back to back 10+ boot loops I streamlined my Android and how reload. Use the internal memory as an OS drive; the OS, apps and downloads only (DCIM is backup to the SD card weekly).
    The SD card is the data drive, all critical data; music, vids, docs, pics etc and copies of all the loaded apps/updates as well as the settings for any apps that allow it. No or very little internet and no PC needed for a full reload. No mucking around on Playstore; I simple go load the apps from the data drive, it's goes fast. After about 2 hours I'm 99% restored. The 340 gb of data is on the SD card now so no need to download it.

Plan for a crash, expect it will happen. They are rare with Androids but they happen.

paul_cherma

Apr 20, 2021
    Hey guys,
    Do you know what would be the adb command to disable this "Remote Support" entry from the device settings. Everytime I click on it it downloads the Smart Tutor app from playstore.

Or do you know what is the package name for remote support?

Thanks
    Screenshot_20210508-155548_Settings.jpg

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    Something like Autostarts can probably find it... if it works on 10/11.
    Google is sucking hard.
    My Disabler app names it outright otherwise I'd been doing what you are... guessing.
    I'm running on Pie.

paul_cherma

Apr 20, 2021
    Something like Autostarts can probably find it... if it works on 10/11.
    Google is sucking hard.
    My Disabler app names it outright otherwise I'd been doing what you are... guessing.
    I'm running on Pie.
    I looked at the package name viewer app and couldn't guess what the name is. It is listed on the device settings, but the "remote support" entry itself doesn't do anything so I guess I could just not click it ever. It just downloads the smart tutor app as soon as i click it though. It'd be nice to disable it like I did with digital wellbeing and parental controls entry though.

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    Found a couple of handy articles listing most of the bloat packages in Galaxy phones:

How to Remove Samsung Galaxy S20 Bloatware? - KrispiTech

more tips and ready to use scripts:

Any way to do this without a computer

mzsquared

Feb 22, 2018
    CT
    Reactions: [email protected]

Top Liked Posts