• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide S21 Ultra Debloat

Search This thread

ccezar2004

Feb 10, 2007
bucharest
so i did it... 151 apps selected from the 212 list (ihad already removed 73 before)

overall the phone works but...
  • overall something happened as it seems snappier... i'm sure it's not placebo... even if animation seem to be back to 1x
  • outlook (based on Intune w/ Office 265 for work) keeps crashing - but still connects and gets emails...
  • company portal (Intune) checks the device as compliant
  • camera can't select lenses, modes, setting... keep crashing... can't take photos...

• notifications on lock screen are all the way to the top overlapping the clock and status bar
  • when locking the phone via power button it glitches the home screen and then turns off
  • banking apps seem to work
  • no VoLTE nor WiFi Calling

testing more...

LE: tried to restore some camera and knox packages... camera and outlook not usable still.... Ended by restoring back all packages and now seem to have all back to normal.. From my point of view the 212 apps list is NOT safe to remove... in just 10-15 min fiddling with the phone I found lots of issues, major one like camera for example. In day to day use some other might have appeared. Need more testing and there are app which we shouldn't remove

LE2 what even stranger is that i have reinstalled only the packages in the list and now facebook is back again... this little mtf...

LLE: about being snappier... surely something was different... the apps were opening instantly... now you can feel half a second or more how it's processing something... like it scans first and than launches...

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2021

Attachments

• OneUI 3.1 --221 package Debloat Safety (Keep Google Services) Debloat Commands -- (Final versi...txt
    12.4 KB · Views: 35

ccezar2004

Feb 10, 2007
bucharest
so i did it... 151 apps selected from the 212 list (ihad already removed 73 before)

overall the phone works but...
  • overall something happened as it seems snappier... i'm sure it's not placebo... even if animation seem to be back to 1x
  • outlook (based on Intune w/ Office 265 for work) keeps crashing - but still connects and gets emails...
  • company portal (Intune) checks the device as compliant
  • camera can't select lenses, modes, setting... keep crashing... can't take photos...

• notifications on lock screen are all the way to the top overlapping the clock and status bar
  • when locking the phone via power button it glitches the home screen and then turns off
  • banking apps seem to work
  • no VoLTE nor WiFi Calling

testing more...

LE: tried to restore some camera and knox packages... camera and outlook not usable still.... Ended by restoring back all packages and now seem to have all back to normal.. From my point of view the 212 apps list is NOT safe to remove... in just 10-15 min fiddling with the phone I found lots of issues, major one like camera for example. In day to day use some other might have appeared. Need more testing and there are app which we shouldn't remove

LE2 what even stranger is that i have reinstalled only the packages in the list and now facebook is back again... this little mtf...

LLE: about being snappier... surely something was different... the apps were opening instantly... now you can feel half a second or more how it's processing something... like it scans first and than launches...
Forgot to add another thing on this one... After I reverted all back GPay was not working but only due to it not being set as default... So I imagine before restore it was not working at all 🙃

manager77

May 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Gonna give it a go... Still didnt manage to have to hard reset yet 😂 so why not : 😯🙀

Does it break GPay and stuff?
Gpay works for me with my debloat list. I'm using only Gpay btw
Edit: like l said before the phone works great after debloat, all unnecessary things are gone to make this phone snapier and with good battery life

Last edited:

ccezar2004

Feb 10, 2007
bucharest
are you using any corporate apps? like company portal/intune, mdm etc? how about banking apps? in the camera can you select between lenses? these are some issues I faced with my last "full" debloat :/

ccezar2004

Feb 10, 2007
bucharest
removed 142/211 (some were already removed)

So... Looks like all works at first sight

Outlook, camera, Google Pay active (need to test irl), Banking works

Animation la seem longer... Maybe something in dev options reverted to default?

BUT The strangest thing... Used RAM upon cleaning it always stayed around 5.5GB... Now It's 3.7 😳😳😳😳

testing in progress... but looks like a good list for now

LE: looks like split screen is broken. Also multistar (nicelock) seems broken as well...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts