• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question s21 ultra exynos, much worse than snapdragon?

Search This thread

pixellegolas

Aug 31, 2013
Hi, just ordered S10 ultra with exynos and now saw some comparison.bi thought it would just be speed difference but it seems exynos makes images worse. Had this been "patched" during the year or is the exynos image quality much worse? I bought in Sweden so no option for snapdragon

Hi, just ordered S10 ultra with exynos and now saw some comparison.bi thought it would just be speed difference but it seems exynos makes images worse. Had this been "patched" during the year or is the exynos image quality much worse? I bought in Sweden so no option for snapdragon
Exynos 2100 variant is not much worse, nor is it much better than its SD888 counterpart this year (unlike in previous iterations)

Breaking from tradition, this year they're pretty comparable, especially after all the updates and optimisation. Stick to Android 11 initially otherwise your opinion of the phone will tank really quickly.

However, the SD888 version does have an edge in gaming. If that is super, super important to you, it may be an issue. But otherwise, for day to day usage both are practically the same phone.

Reactions: varcor

pixellegolas

Aug 31, 2013
I think I might be looking at to many comparison videos right now :) one showed me closeup images of both and it looked like totally different phones. One was much more smudgy. I am hoping that we one day can get that warmer look at iphone produces on selfies, it just tints the images to a more pleasing yellow/red

Hopefully getting phone tomorrow for testing. I have a S9+ right now

Randi03

Oct 30, 2021
Hi, the Exynos is definetly worse in image and video quality. The noise processing is very aggressive and the images are indeed smudgy. Go for the snapdragon without hesitation. Also, I am on the Android 12 update on my Exynos and the issue is still there. You can see a proper comparison here:

Last edited:

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
You're raising your concerns a bit late since you've already ordered the exynos device, right? Just because you're in Sweden it doesn't preclude you from buying the snapdragon variant, most retailers ship worldwide. I concure with @enigmaamit's advice, hold off on updating to Android 12, it's a hot mess. The only features you might miss are the MicroSD and 3.5 Jack.Enjoy your new phone, it's a big improvement over the S9+.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Exynos 2100 variant is not much worse, nor is it much better than its SD888 counterpart this year (unlike in previous iterations)

Breaking from tradition, this year they're pretty comparable, especially after all the updates and optimisation. Stick to Android 11 initially otherwise your opinion of the phone will tank really quickly.

However, the SD888 version does have an edge in gaming. If that is super, super important to you, it may be an issue. But otherwise, for day to day usage both are practically the same phone.