• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question S21 ULTRA fingrrprint much worse than on s20 ultra

Search This thread

Beso

Oct 15, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
On my new S21 ultra my thumbs can't be recognized.... even cant fix it with S20 ultra trick (disable biometric app from battery optimization, quick tap with left and right thumb..)
I just disabled Fingerprint recognizion cos it is useless. I tried for me that 10 days... It is just very veery bad....

joancolmenares

Jun 14, 2008
Bogota, Colombia
On my new S21 ultra my thumbs can't be recognized.... even cant fix it with S20 ultra trick (disable biometric app from battery optimization, quick tap with left and right thumb..)
I just disabled Fingerprint recognizion cos it is useless. I tried for me that 10 days... It is just very veery bad....

Odd, have you tried wiping the phone and start over? Like everyone else here, my s21 ultra has 0 misses (even with screen protector), it's faster than the one in the Note 20 Ultra. If wiping doesnt work, it might be a defective unit maybe?

skeyedvr

Dec 16, 2013
Mine is working great also! Im really impressed with the speed that it recognizes my thumb as well. Im an auto mechanic and often have dirty fingers while unlocking and using my phone. NO PROBLEMS!

Gods Son

Jun 23, 2012
There's nothing wrong the S21 Ultra's fingerprint sensor. Seems like either bought an S20 and regret it or you bought a S21 Ultra that was defective.

Reactions: dazed1

henke2

Jul 28, 2010
I too think it sucks. Useless as it fails three times in a row deactivating the finger print login on my bank for example. It's no good

Beso

Oct 15, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I have original screen protector.
P.S. I changed screen protector on S20 fingerprint sensor and it is much better now.

On S21 is much worse... It works good one day, other day nothing works. Special after I take a shower... Fingerprint can't be readable.... Don't know how to fix it

kipue

Sep 3, 2009
Hong Kong
P.S. I changed screen protector on S20 fingerprint sensor and it is much better now.

On S21 is much worse... It works good one day, other day nothing works. Special after I take a shower... Fingerprint can't be readable.... Don't know how to fix it
Also strange, it's fine on my end.
Could be the shower "softens" the skin on your finger?
On the other hand, if it works no matter what on your previous device, maybe the S21U you have is defective, and you could ask for a replacement.

russellcausier

Jun 28, 2015
S20 ultra was trash in every department compared to s21 ultra so must be defective or a strong screen protector that's all I can think of,as it's way better

Kharn501

Mar 11, 2021
Enabling touch sensitivity for me helped quite a bit with the stock screen protector on, but it's still way worse than the Xiaomi I came from. I'm not sure why but it feels like half the time it fails on the first try. Maybe I'll try taking the protector off and see how that goes.

Before enabling touch sensitivity I was having my fingerprint fail 5 times in a row prompting the lock happen at least every couple of days, even after re-scanning fingerprints. I just feel like it might be the screen protector though.

sbiricuda

Feb 11, 2012
Rome

I really can't find this option in Settings.
It is just not there, not in the list under Apps > Special access, not by searching in the bar, not in Battery settings..

I wish I could try to disable the biometric service from the Battery Optimization but I really can't find out how.
Any tips?

Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no issues here, its way faster than my s20 ultra I traded in, I add 2 thumb prints for each thumbs and works perfect
    I haven't had any issues with the fingerprint reader. Works 100% of the time for me. Do you have a screen protector on it?

Fingerprint is better than my Note 10 + but nowhere near as good as Huawei P30 Pro was or Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro.
    Turning on the extra sensitivity in the options helps but still do not get 100% recognition, lucky if I get 75%.
    Suuuuuuuuux. Don't work every time I take a shower.... Fingerprint sensor just don't work on any of my finger. Even cant add new one .. just don't recognize fingerprint...