Question S21 Ultra Google Image Search

Search This thread

marlo086

Jan 12, 2022
Can anyone tell me if they have the s21 Ultra 5g and is not on Vodafone if you get the option to "Search google for image" in Chrome. Also, is anyone on Vodafone and can use the feature?

I had it on my note 10 but I cant get it on the s21 no matter what I try.

5df3c699fd9db24c237c338c

marlo086

Jan 12, 2022
I've discovered that if I factory reset it and remove the sim and then not connect it to wifi it seems to have it. But when I restore any data it seems to go away again.

KingFatty

Feb 4, 2009
In my chrome browser running on s21 ultra, holding my finger on a picture pops up the options list, including "Search image with Google Lens (New)"

I'm guessing it's a feature that Chrome browser just added recently? Try updating your Chrome browser version?

I'm running Android Chrome version 97.0.4692.87

marlo086

Jan 12, 2022
In my chrome browser running on s21 ultra, holding my finger on a picture pops up the options list, including "Search image with Google Lens (New)"

I'm guessing it's a feature that Chrome browser just added recently? Try updating your Chrome browser version?

Google done that integration recently and you can disable that in the chrome flags if you want to, when you disable the lens feature it defaults to the "Search google for Image" feature

marlo086

Jan 12, 2022

Install https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.ar.lens and it will give you the option to search via google lens. which is the same pretty much.
not the case I'm afraid, its a pain because when I change the search engine to bing it gives me the option to search bing for the image. I think vodafone must be manipulating the google search somehow

tndave88

Aug 15, 2020
I've always been able to through Google lense, I've never tried through the browser, I always just save the image quick, use lense, and delete it later. Never thought to try in the browser because in usually using it for part numbers and wierd random stuff I find 😂