• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question S21 Ultra Hong Kong (G9980) can not flash CHC rom

Search This thread

Twodordan

Jul 10, 2012
Man what a mess this whole thing is. Having to desperately ask around to confirm there's some exploit in the system that gives you normalcy...

Why can't this industry just let us spend our money on the hardware and software we want? Every time I see a rare phone that has usb 3.1, large battery, wide enough screen, decent cameras, 12+gb ram, it's got some crippling flaw like you can't buy it or the bootloader is locked

waqqas.khokhar

Aug 24, 2016
Hi everyone,

I'm a serial HK (TGY) Samsung user. I'm currently using a SM-N9750 (Note 10+) and considering getting the SM-G9980.

What I was looking to find out today is whether eSIM is active on this model or not? Also, is anyone using this model in Canada? And if so, does Samsung Pay work? Does anything not work?

TIA!

VladTepes77

Nov 10, 2009
Hi everyone,

I'm a serial HK (TGY) Samsung user. I'm currently using a SM-N9750 (Note 10+) and considering getting the SM-G9980.

What I was looking to find out today is whether eSIM is active on this model or not? Also, is anyone using this model in Canada? And if so, does Samsung Pay work? Does anything not work?

TIA!
Hi there,

eSIM won't be available on this version.
Samsung Pay will not work either, only HK cards. Call recording is also not there.
Anything else is on board though!.

cheers

xieo

Jun 1, 2012
I do not live in Hong Kong. I can't use Samsung pass or Samsung pay at all. It keep singing in screen for forever and get stucked there.

P/S: I have manage to enable native call recording by changing TGY (Hong Kong) csc to CHC (open China) csc but keep everything unchanged.
hello
please tell me how you did it
it is my first time
i need to know you only flash ( CHC )csc via odin on stock hong kong firmware i mean you merged ( CHC ) csc with TGY firmware without any errors and native call record is activated
or you flash all CHC firmware

kamirza

Jul 10, 2008
Hi everyone,

TIA!
If ever, this would be the worst time to get a 9980 from Hong Kong. That's what we are all sad about. We are stuck with out pricy buys without security and software updates because of China and HK carrier problem. So get a different regions phone or not even a sansung. Get one plus, xiaomi or oppo.

bodomfan

Mar 9, 2011
Swansea
If ever, this would be the worst time to get a 9980 from Hong Kong. That's what we are all sad about. We are stuck with out pricy buys without security and software updates because of China and HK carrier problem. So get a different regions phone or not even a sansung. Get one plus, xiaomi or oppo.
Just stop whining. The update is arriving this week. Was due in January anyway for some regions

Ivixmax

Dec 10, 2011
León
www.htcmania.com
When I flash CHC rom via Odin. It says successful. But when I first setup the phone. It is stuck at activating phone page. I agree with all terms. When I click on Next, nothing happen. I can not go pass that stage. With TGY or BRI rom, there are no problem like this.

I want to change to CHC rom for native call recorder. I have try install TGY rom, then use Samkey to change csc to CHC. It restart but still there is no native call recorder option.

Anyone have the same issue?
That happens to me the first time.You need to have a sim inside the phone and connect to the wifi to activate the phone in CHC roms

kamirza

Jul 10, 2008
9980 Hong Kong got the OTA today. So no need to go to odin etc. It should be coming to all within this week

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That happens to me the first time.You need to have a sim inside the phone and connect to the wifi to activate the phone in CHC roms
    TGY is out
    When I flash CHC rom via Odin. It says successful. But when I first setup the phone. It is stuck at activating phone page. I agree with all terms. When I click on Next, nothing happen. I can not go pass that stage. With TGY or BRI rom, there are no problem like this.

I want to change to CHC rom for native call recorder. I have try install TGY rom, then use Samkey to change csc to CHC. It restart but still there is no native call recorder option.

Anyone have the same issue?
    Hey, i have a question for you since you own HK version.
    Are you living in HK?
    Does it miss any feature like Volte? Or 5g?
    Anything worth noting before importing one?
    Cheerz
    I live in HK, Volte is active and 5G as well, just upgraded to that.
    Samsung Pay and all is there, I don't think it's missing anything.
    You can ask me if you need me to try something...
    Also SD888, yay ^^

Edit:
    I don't use call recording... Seems that's what's missing for OP!
    What's your location exactly?
    Is it worth it to import one or I will miss something?
    Thanks
    I live in Vietnam. At the moment, I am totally happy with my S21 Ultra HK version. I have use exynos version before. To be honest, exynos 2100 is not bad this year. But compare to snapdragon 888, it loose on every match. Especially battery and gaming, there is still a gap.
    TGY is out