Question S21 Ultra [Magisk Root] - Cant pair with Samsung Watch G3

Search This thread

CYB3RV3N0M

Jun 23, 2021
Good Evening,

Unfortunately, despite intensive research and various users with the same problem (On various websites and platforms) I have not yet found a solution, so I hope that someone here can help me.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ultra S21, (SM-G998B/DS) and a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (SM-R845F). Unfortunately, since rooting with Magisk, I am no longer able to connect these 2 devices. My Galaxy Buds Pro work fine and can be connected, only the watch unfortunately not.

As shown in this video, the pairing process gets stuck at this exact point. (
) only unfortunately it can't be fixed like in this or other videos. I have now tried I think everything possible, the app Samsung Gear already 100x uninstalled, stopped, data deleted, the plugins the same, the clock removed from the connections and reconnected, etc.. Even a tutorial with Russian APK apps from Samsung while AFWall prevents an update I have tried, even reset to factory settings and also geflushed with the original firmware, All without success.

I have tested it on my girlfriend's device, the same model only the 128GB version, there it worked without problems. Since the Samsung Health services no longer work since Magisk (A service is not running, so the error message) I suspect that it may have to do with it.

Did anyone have an idea, a solution or suggestion how I can connect my phone with the clock?

Br

Aluyi

Apr 20, 2012
Nuremberg, Germany.
Good Evening,

Unfortunately, despite intensive research and various users with the same problem (On various websites and platforms) I have not yet found a solution, so I hope that someone here can help me.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ultra S21, (SM-G998B/DS) and a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (SM-R845F). Unfortunately, since rooting with Magisk, I am no longer able to connect these 2 devices. My Galaxy Buds Pro work fine and can be connected, only the watch unfortunately not.

As shown in this video, the pairing process gets stuck at this exact point. (
) only unfortunately it can't be fixed like in this or other videos. I have now tried I think everything possible, the app Samsung Gear already 100x uninstalled, stopped, data deleted, the plugins the same, the clock removed from the connections and reconnected, etc.. Even a tutorial with Russian APK apps from Samsung while AFWall prevents an update I have tried, even reset to factory settings and also geflushed with the original firmware, All without success.

I have tested it on my girlfriend's device, the same model only the 128GB version, there it worked without problems. Since the Samsung Health services no longer work since Magisk (A service is not running, so the error message) I suspect that it may have to do with it.

Did anyone have an idea, a solution or suggestion how I can connect my phone with the clock?

Br
Mine connects so very well

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210803-220544_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210803-220544_Settings.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 29

SkylinesHD

Try this in a terminal like termux:

Code:
su

mount -o remount,rw /vendor

i=`grep -lr 'security.wsm' /vendor/etc/vintf` && [ ! -z $i ] && [ $i != *.bak ] && cp --preserve=all $i $i.bak && sed -i '/<.*security.wsm.*/,/<hal format="hidl">/d' $i

mount -o remount,ro /vendor

(Taken from https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/BluetoothLibraryPatcher)

Make sure your vendor partition isn't read only or full and backup all data in case something goes wrong, as they can brick the device.

It worked on my A72 and I don't think they are too different, so give it a try.