Question s21 ultra or pixel 6 pro?????????

Search This thread

oraned

Apr 3, 2010
I'm undecided thinking about it to move to pixel 6 pro im on s21 ultra ?
I'm undecided as to Who more camera is better at taking pictures?
Can you please give me a review

Alekos

Feb 18, 2008
Apps & Games
Google Pixel 3 XL
Use what you're accustomed to. If you've had Samsung in the past, grab the Samsung. If you like Pixels, grab the Pixel.

If you don't mind experiencing a few bugs (some do, most don't) then grab the Pixel. The Samsung S21 (Qualcomm version) is an excellent phone. Can't go wrong. amazing video, hardware, audio etc. if you don't use most of the samsung services and customization, then a pixel is great.

I do notice a lot of people coming from a Samsung to a Pixel 6, are surprised that most things can't be changed, like the Lock screen etc. If that's important to you, then you know what to buy.

Reactions: Polishow

s3axel

I think you can find many comparisons on youtube to help building your own impression. As I own both devices at the moment maybe a bit of opinion, of course very subjective and based on my usage of a smartphone camera:

+ S21U: more versatility + in some cases better image quality due to the available lenses
+ S21U: Pro mode
+ S21U: less issues with flares
- S21U: Samsung image processing, often killing small details/textures
- S21U: no real/full GCAM support (no blame to the community which is trying its best !!)

+ P6P: overall better image processing and better image quality
+ P6P : low light performance, specifically subjects like night sky / indoor shots with kids or animals...
+ P6P: full GCAM support, so better configurability of image processing
- P6P: tends to oversharpening in some szenarios (possibly related to:
- P6P: unclear, SW-based automatic switching of lenses on Zoom szenarios, leading to digital zoom

Overall I do indeed prefer the P6P camera, but its really close and very much down to preference.

Aside from the camera:

+ S21U : better hardware (Display, Fingerprint reader, build quality)
+ S21U: better 5G due to more modern modem chip

+ P6P: better software (just love the pure Android feel) + much easier rooting + much more options in terms of development
+ P6P: better battery life (significantly so for me - but only using 4G here)

Again I prefer the P6P ;)

Sorry, got a bit lengthy and again: this is all very subjective, so different users here will possibly state different feedback and/or priorities !

randylahey786

Oct 22, 2021
I'm undecided thinking about it to move to pixel 6 pro im on s21 ultra ?
I'm undecided as to Who more camera is better at taking pictures?
Can you please give me a review
Pixel 6 Pro is not better than the S21 Ultra as the P6P has an LTPO display which is good compared to the Dynamic display of S21 Ultra. The P6P and S21 Ultra specs are almost 98% the same but S21 has Snapdragon 888 which is a little higher than the new Google tensor chip, S21 battery endurance is better but in gaming and battery life P6P is better rating as per the nano review and P6P could be better with future updates! Also, P6P has a new unique design that is more attractive to the S21 Ultra.
The Google camera is better than any phone's camera!!!

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
It's mainly about how the software works for me. I experienced inconsistent notifications on Samsung - I've confirmed with at least five others including my brother in another state, and my sister-in-law in yet another state - all with different generations of Samsungs, that they have the same problem - specifically for GMail and Hangouts/Chat. I use my work's GMail account as a second account on my phones, yet I wasn't getting notifications for emails or chats until sometimes as late as 45 minutes later, sometimes worse such as two hours later. Sometimes I received a notification for emails hours after I had already seen the email on the computer, and had deleted it. I never had that problem on my Pixel 1 before that, and perhaps only a few minutes delay (but usually not any) on my Pixel 6 Pro.

Nestacres76

Apr 17, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I had a S21 Ultra from its release up until the Pixel 6 pro came out and I couldnt wait to ge rid of the Ultra. Never liked it. I have found the speed and performance of P6Pro is comprabale to the S21 ultra (Exynos version in the UK). The notifications are better, useability is better but the only thing I miss is the macro camera (and the 100x zoom was a plus, but not esential). i am much happier with the Pixel pro

definetly s21 ultra i had s21 ultra and now i have pixel 6 pro and if exist scale from 1 to 10 and 10 is max? s21 ultra is like 9 but pixel 6 pro is like 6,5 i dont like 20:9 ratio thats why i tried 19.5:9 on pixel 6 pro and this only thing is beter on pixel all other things is whorst

oraned

Apr 3, 2010
It's mainly about how the software works for me. I experienced inconsistent notifications on Samsung - I've confirmed with at least five others including my brother in another state, and my sister-in-law in yet another state - all with different generations of Samsungs, that they have the same problem - specifically for GMail and Hangouts/Chat. I use my work's GMail account as a second account on my phones, yet I wasn't getting notifications for emails or chats until sometimes as late as 45 minutes later, sometimes worse such as two hours later. Sometimes I received a notification for emails hours after I had already seen the email on the computer, and had deleted it. I never had that problem on my Pixel 1 before that, and perhaps only a few minutes delay (but usually not any) on my Pixel 6 Pro.
Thank you very much for the detailed answer

Last edited:
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

oraned

Apr 3, 2010
I think you can find many comparisons on youtube to help building your own impression. As I own both devices at the moment maybe a bit of opinion, of course very subjective and based on my usage of a smartphone camera:

+ S21U: more versatility + in some cases better image quality due to the available lenses
- S21U: no real/full GCAM support (no blame to the community which is trying its best !!)

+ P6P : low light performance, specifically subjects like night sky / indoor shots with kids or animals...
- P6P: unclear, SW-based automatic switching of lenses on Zoom szenarios, leading to digital zoom

Overall I do indeed prefer the P6P camera, but its really close and very much down to preference.

Aside from the camera:

+ P6P: better software (just love the pure Android feel) + much easier rooting + much more options in terms of development

Sorry, got a bit lengthy and again: this is all very subjective, so different users here will possibly state different feedback and/or priorities !

oraned

Apr 3, 2010
I had a S21 Ultra from its release up until the Pixel 6 pro came out and I couldnt wait to ge rid of the Ultra. Never liked it. I have found the speed and performance of P6Pro is comprabale to the S21 ultra (Exynos version in the UK). The notifications are better, useability is better but the only thing I miss is the macro camera (and the 100x zoom was a plus, but not esential). i am much happier with the Pixel pro

Reactions: MArtyChubbs

oraned

Apr 3, 2010
definetly s21 ultra i had s21 ultra and now i have pixel 6 pro and if exist scale from 1 to 10 and 10 is max? s21 ultra is like 9 but pixel 6 pro is like 6,5 i dont like 20:9 ratio thats why i tried 19.5:9 on pixel 6 pro and this only thing is beter on pixel all other things is whorst

oraned

Apr 3, 2010
Pixel 6 Pro is not better than the S21 Ultra as the P6P has an LTPO display which is good compared to the Dynamic display of S21 Ultra. The P6P and S21 Ultra specs are almost 98% the same but S21 has Snapdragon 888 which is a little higher than the new Google tensor chip, S21 battery endurance is better but in gaming and battery life P6P is better rating as per the nano review and P6P could be better with future updates! Also, P6P has a new unique design that is more attractive to the S21 Ultra.
The Google camera is better than any phone's camera!!!

oraned

Apr 3, 2010

Aside from the camera:

oraned

Apr 3, 2010

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i dont think you are going to get any recomendations for an s21 in the p6pro forum, :ROFLMAO:

Aside from the camera:

I want to change to pixel 6 pro and I just want to see the different between s21 to pixel 6 pro in photo?
    Plenty of YouTube videos that already show things like this.

What do you plan on using your phone for, mostly? Taking photos, online chat, email, YouTube, social media etc? Are you a heavy user of your device and need all day battery with customization, or more relaxed where you only use it for basic tasks and don't need customization? That's a starting point that can help us guide you to where you should look.

If possible, why not see if you can grab a Pixel phone as a trial from your carrier to see how you like it? You really need to be able to go into a store if possible and mess around with a demo model to get somewhat of a feel, and then form a decision based off what you encountered.

Gathering opinions here is one thing, but you have to get your hands dirty a bit with the real thing and take it from there.
    You want somebody to recommend you get something that has to be HACKED in order to make it work right? Avoid samdung like the plague. Had one once, and will NEVER EVER AGAIN NO MATTER WHAT.

Pixel