Question s21 ultra or pixel 6 pro?????????

Search This thread

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I'm undecided thinking about it to move to pixel 6 pro im on s21 ultra ?
I'm undecided as to Who more camera is better at taking pictures?
Can you please give me a review
I would wait. Neither is the best the respective manufacturers can do.
Samsung will be releasing something hopefully better soon. The P6 Pro is apparantly having display color rendering issues and that isn't good for photography...

Thank you very much for the detailed answer
I know is nothing but few things.....start with some bugs what somebody have and some others dont have ...looks like becouse of 3 or 4 diferent wersion of pixel 6 pro in market ... One of them i was on hiking trip today on one place i was make almost hour video of timelapse then i touch stop button and phone just freez after about 30 second of strange sound phone was restart and after restart video was gone ( holly crap) next thing ...one day i was make photo of really strange clouds but in brightest parts of photo was artifacts ( photo vas straight from camera with no setings all in auto mode i was add him under reply zoom on brite lines wtf) ...taking photos is much more longer then on previous s21 ultra or p40 pro but with no improvements in night shots and next thing i like 10 optical zool on s21 so 4 times here is not enought for mee especially if you makeing pictures in wild and catch animals from longer distance .....lack of setings also ......and thats only camera ....system?
I had s20 ultra before and one ui 3 was slow and not good experience at all but s21 and oneui 4 is totally diferent story ...system is superfast and responsible and also wery intuitive i could say comparable with pixel 6 pro but with few little details and setings wichp6pro dont have ...next thing is sound quality pixel have whorst of of my last 4 phones ..i like music and listening most of time when iam outside and pixel have whorst parameters 😔.....next is fell of actual phone in hand pixel is plastic king a i kinda like but s21 ultra and p40 pro also xiaomi 11 ultra are much better experience......next thing display max brightness compare to s21 ultra when i first time have p6pro on hands i cat trust myself .... brightness was just about 30% mabye 40% less bright then s21ultra ...now iam ok with that but mabye becouse update or something but still on daylight you can feel diferent thats for real........next thing is again camera with my s21 i was sometimes made 960fps videos just for fun or with friends and now iam able make max 240 fps slow mo witch is really not to slow for fast object and i dont compare to 7680 fps on p40 pro but that was interpolate so just 3840 i know its just my opinion but for me ...i will be ok with 480 but just 240? Holly crap .......next big thing is 5g i didnt have 5g since i got pixel 6 pro on s21 ultra all the time but here nwwer ok i know is not necessary for most people but i here is situation i was at my friend and he have problem with internwt prowider i just wana show hoelw fast is 5g or 4.9g and download fast update on ps5 to compare but it was this time i realized iam on really slow 4g all the time i know for phone is ok but if you need send something, stream video or also download something its big sadness. Phone freezing 3 or 4 times per day when i dooing usual things like vatching video on player or browsing internwt ok its not big deal but i dont have this experience on s21 ultra .........and fef thing what i cant remember right now ...only one good thing is 19.5:9 ratio ....i dot tellling its really bad phone but if you compate to s21 ultra? Not chance to be better

Attachments

• PXL_20211231_152557148.jpg
    PXL_20211231_152557148.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47

edmondt

Mar 21, 2006
Toronto
For the Camera; if you are taking videos, then S21 Ultra. I have both phones and Pixel 6 Pro cannot shoot front and back in Director's view at all... which is a shame :(

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Poco F3
I came from an S21 Ultra to the 6 Pro. I can give you my honest opinion. The S21 Ultra is a better phone all around. I'd say I like the photos from the main camera better on the Pixel 6 pro but the S21U has the awesome zoom and a macro mode which I miss. I like that we have root on the 6 Pro as that's pretty much the reason I decided to go with it. I don't have any of the bugs everyone is seeing on the 6 Pro so I'm happy with it other than the battery life. We just need more custom ROMS. Sometimes a phone is not as good as another but you still enjoy it. The 6 Pro is one of those. I enjoy my Poco F3 more than both actually.

oraned

Apr 3, 2010
I would wait. Neither is the best the respective manufacturers can do.
Samsung will be releasing something hopefully better soon. The P6 Pro is apparantly having display color rendering issues and that isn't good for photography...
You can explain what you mean About Samsung????

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
You can explain what you mean About Samsung????
Samsung's offerings this past year have been weak, no SD card, display issues, and more of their Fold nonsense (money and resources that been better invested elsewhere).
None of the new Samsung variable rate displays have color rendering equal to the Note 10+ and some are having noticeable display issues or outright failures.

This year isn't looking better. I give it another 2-3 years for Google Android to dislodge its head from its backside.
For Samsung it's when they feel like it. This year will cost them heavily (and the consumer) due to parts availability or more specifically lack of.
All their hype doesn't alter reality but it may help their sales🤣

I literally better like the feature set on my 2+ yo N10+'s then anything Samsung has released since. Otherwise I have a newer Samsung. I closely considered the Note 20 Ultra but decided to go with another 10+ because of reliability, display color rendering, form factor and the zero learning curve of an already optimized and proven 10+. One of the models were it all came together for Samsung. Not bad for a box full of rabid gerbils...

oraned

Apr 3, 2010
I know is nothing but few things.....start with some bugs what somebody have and some others dont have ...looks like becouse of 3 or 4 diferent wersion of pixel 6 pro in market ... One of them i was on hiking trip today on one place i was make almost hour video of timelapse then i touch stop button and phone just freez after about 30 second of strange sound phone was restart and after restart video was gone ( holly crap) next thing ...one day i was make photo of really strange clouds but in brightest parts of photo was artifacts ( photo vas straight from camera with no setings all in auto mode i was add him under reply zoom on brite lines wtf) ...taking photos is much more longer then on previous s21 ultra or p40 pro but with no improvements in night shots and next thing i like 10 optical zool on s21 so 4 times here is not enought for mee especially if you makeing pictures in wild and catch animals from longer distance .....lack of setings also ......and thats only camera ....system?
I had s20 ultra before and one ui 3 was slow and not good experience at all but s21 and oneui 4 is totally diferent story ...system is superfast and responsible and also wery intuitive i could say comparable with pixel 6 pro but with few little details and setings wichp6pro dont have ...next thing is sound quality pixel have whorst of of my last 4 phones ..i like music and listening most of time when iam outside and pixel have whorst parameters 😔.....next is fell of actual phone in hand pixel is plastic king a i kinda like but s21 ultra and p40 pro also xiaomi 11 ultra are much better experience......next thing display max brightness compare to s21 ultra when i first time have p6pro on hands i cat trust myself .... brightness was just about 30% mabye 40% less bright then s21ultra ...now iam ok with that but mabye becouse update or something but still on daylight you can feel diferent thats for real........next thing is again camera with my s21 i was sometimes made 960fps videos just for fun or with friends and now iam able make max 240 fps slow mo witch is really not to slow for fast object and i dont compare to 7680 fps on p40 pro but that was interpolate so just 3840 i know its just my opinion but for me ...i will be ok with 480 but just 240? Holly crap .......next big thing is 5g i didnt have 5g since i got pixel 6 pro on s21 ultra all the time but here nwwer ok i know is not necessary for most people but i here is situation i was at my friend and he have problem with internwt prowider i just wana show hoelw fast is 5g or 4.9g and download fast update on ps5 to compare but it was this time i realized iam on really slow 4g all the time i know for phone is ok but if you need send something, stream video or also download something its big sadness. Phone freezing 3 or 4 times per day when i dooing usual things like vatching video on player or browsing internwt ok its not big deal but i dont have this experience on s21 ultra .........and fef thing what i cant remember right now ...only one good thing is 19.5:9 ratio ....i dot tellling its really bad phone but if you compate to s21 ultra? Not chance to be better
This I take photo with s21 ultra gcam zoom x40 you can show me photo with pixel 6 pro?

Attachments

• PXL_20220124_065628425~2.jpg
    PXL_20220124_065628425~2.jpg
    856.3 KB · Views: 55

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I want to change to pixel 6 pro and I just want to see the different between s21 to pixel 6 pro in photo?
Plenty of YouTube videos that already show things like this.

What do you plan on using your phone for, mostly? Taking photos, online chat, email, YouTube, social media etc? Are you a heavy user of your device and need all day battery with customization, or more relaxed where you only use it for basic tasks and don't need customization? That's a starting point that can help us guide you to where you should look.

If possible, why not see if you can grab a Pixel phone as a trial from your carrier to see how you like it? You really need to be able to go into a store if possible and mess around with a demo model to get somewhat of a feel, and then form a decision based off what you encountered.

Gathering opinions here is one thing, but you have to get your hands dirty a bit with the real thing and take it from there.

Last edited:

jmartin72

Feb 12, 2009
Last summer, I got bored with my Pixel 5, and sold it to buy a Galaxy S21 U. I kept it up until the Pixel 6 pro was released, then I sold the gs21U and bought the Pixel 6 pro. I can say without a doubt that I take better pictures with the Pixel 6 pro than the gs21U. The Galaxy took good photos, but a lot of the times the color was way over saturated, and that took away detail. The Pixel just has a more consistent camera.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Last summer, I got bored with my Pixel 5, and sold it to buy a Galaxy S21 U. I kept it up until the Pixel 6 pro was released, then I sold the gs21U and bought the Pixel 6 pro. I can say without a doubt that I take better pictures with the Pixel 6 pro than the gs21U. The Galaxy took good photos, but a lot of the times the color was way over saturated, and that took away detail. The Pixel just has a more consistent camera.
Was it the cam or phone display? The Samsung Vivid setting will oversaturate especially reds.
You need to export the image to a color calibrated display to really see what you got.

This I take photo with s21 ultra gcam zoom x40 you can show me photo with pixel 6 pro?
hmm thats not bad for my opinion s21 camera is better especially for zoom and now you have extra samsung expert raw camera witch is dedicated for profi users...give mee a 1 day i can take some photos and make some test of zoom ,lowlight,and other photos and post them here...i heard and read loot about pixel cameras and how good they are but for me ... take too much time to take photos and if will be for beter ok but is not they loos sharpnes and textures are blury becouse you just cant stabiliye phone for 2 second or 3 to capture clear photo in hand in this was s21 strangely better and huawei p40 pro was king ... its kinda strange becouse quality of photos in low light on phone depend of course on many factors but biggest factor is how big is pixel( thats mean how big is sensor/how manny megapixels have) becouse you can have 0.8 inch sensor but 12 mpx and zou can have 1 inch sensor but with 50mpx this mean 0.8 inch one will be much better in low light and take better colors. next big thing is software and AI how use this software for image quality and situation and this is where pixel 6 pro need push limits little

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
hmm thats not bad for my opinion s21 camera is better especially for zoom and now you have extra samsung expert raw camera witch is dedicated for profi users...give mee a 1 day i can take some photos and make some test of zoom ,lowlight,and other photos and post them here...i heard and read loot about pixel cameras and how good they are but for me ... take too much time to take photos and if will be for beter ok but is not they loos sharpnes and textures are blury becouse you just cant stabiliye phone for 2 second or 3 to capture clear photo in hand in this was s21 strangely better and huawei p40 pro was king ... its kinda strange becouse quality of photos in low light on phone depend of course on many factors but biggest factor is how big is pixel( thats mean how big is sensor/how manny megapixels have) becouse you can have 0.8 inch sensor but 12 mpx and zou can have 1 inch sensor but with 50mpx this mean 0.8 inch one will be much better in low light and take better colors. next big thing is software and AI how use this software for image quality and situation and this is where pixel 6 pro need push limits little
Exactly, more pixels doesn't necessarily mean a better image. Nor doesn't a larger file size.
Some Canon bodies in spite of their smaller pixel count and file size are known to grab better images. Expecting great images in low light is stretching it especially with such limited light gathering capabilities of a smartphone's optic system. Lense and the sensor physical size does matter...

Too much hype is put into the cam of the phone and its specs*. As soon as Samsung pulled expandable storage from their flagship phones they became useless to me.
The N10+ be nice with a laser AF but that's about it. Otherwise the cams haven't evolved very noticeably since then. The wide angle cam may not be as good as the N10+'s on the newer models. It's nit picking at this point.
The N10+ grabs great shots and vids... for being a runt.

*your English is fine

Reactions: ahmedhamdy90
Exactly, more pixels doesn't necessarily mean a better image. Nor doesn't a larger file size.
Some Canon bodies in spite of their smaller pixel count and file size are known to grab better images. Expecting great images in low light is stretching it especially with such limited light gathering capabilities of a smartphone's optic system. Lense and the sensor physical size does matter...

Too much hype is put into the cam of the phone and its specs*. As soon as Samsung pulled expandable storage from their flagship phones they became useless to me.
The N10+ be nice with a laser AF but that's about it. Otherwise the cams haven't evolved very noticeably since then. The wide angle cam may not be as good as the N10+'s on the newer models. It's nit picking at this point.
The N10+ grabs great shots and vids... for being a runt.

*your English is fine
Definetly truth i also dont like decision to not use expandable storage in high end phones.... before i just take memory card from old phone put in new and was it ....all my music, videos and all was there now its not but ok thats becouse people what can spend 1000$ for phone but nor 100$ for super fast card they buy slow cards wich really slower they're phones that's one of 3 reasons why almost nobody using expandable storages anymore and of course space in phones is also big problem every cm is counting, 3rd is ufs storages are more affordable then before so they can use 128 or 256 gb internal for " normal price ........yea more pixels doesn't mean better but too small its also bad like 12 mpx its bad and not enought if you wana make 2x or 4x digital zoom or just corp picture quality is significantly loosing where 50mpx sensors are still usable for me best so far is 50 mpx cameras sensors witch most brand using .... biggest 50mpx sensors using xiaomi 11 ultra and huawei mate 40 and p40 witch are incredible in picture quality..... have only 2 things to much curwed display and second lack of google services witch is important for me.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I can see why some enjoy expandable storage, but I wanna know what y'all do with thousands of pics, video and music files on your phone? Like, do you sit and watch videos all day or even play that many songs? I'm genuinely curious lol
221+gb is wav and HDCD files, music.
Around 100gb is movies.
All above are expanding by the gb.
30gb documents.
Full backup for a reload including all critical data installable copies of all apps and updates.
>10gb are phone pictures.
My main database is about 2tb though. All my PCs are setup as dual drives with one or more data drives. That doesn't include about a dozen of isolated backup hdds.

• Wow
Reactions: ahmedhamdy90

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i dont think you are going to get any recomendations for an s21 in the p6pro forum, :ROFLMAO:
    I think you can find many comparisons on youtube to help building your own impression. As I own both devices at the moment maybe a bit of opinion, of course very subjective and based on my usage of a smartphone camera:

+ S21U: more versatility + in some cases better image quality due to the available lenses
    + S21U: Pro mode
    + S21U: less issues with flares
    - S21U: Samsung image processing, often killing small details/textures
    - S21U: no real/full GCAM support (no blame to the community which is trying its best !!)

+ P6P: overall better image processing and better image quality
    + P6P : low light performance, specifically subjects like night sky / indoor shots with kids or animals...
    + P6P: full GCAM support, so better configurability of image processing
    - P6P: tends to oversharpening in some szenarios (possibly related to:
    - P6P: unclear, SW-based automatic switching of lenses on Zoom szenarios, leading to digital zoom

Overall I do indeed prefer the P6P camera, but its really close and very much down to preference.

Aside from the camera:

+ S21U : better hardware (Display, Fingerprint reader, build quality)
    + S21U: better 5G due to more modern modem chip

+ P6P: better software (just love the pure Android feel) + much easier rooting + much more options in terms of development
    + P6P: better battery life (significantly so for me - but only using 4G here)

Again I prefer the P6P ;)

Sorry, got a bit lengthy and again: this is all very subjective, so different users here will possibly state different feedback and/or priorities !
    I want to change to pixel 6 pro and I just want to see the different between s21 to pixel 6 pro in photo?
    Plenty of YouTube videos that already show things like this.

What do you plan on using your phone for, mostly? Taking photos, online chat, email, YouTube, social media etc? Are you a heavy user of your device and need all day battery with customization, or more relaxed where you only use it for basic tasks and don't need customization? That's a starting point that can help us guide you to where you should look.

If possible, why not see if you can grab a Pixel phone as a trial from your carrier to see how you like it? You really need to be able to go into a store if possible and mess around with a demo model to get somewhat of a feel, and then form a decision based off what you encountered.

Gathering opinions here is one thing, but you have to get your hands dirty a bit with the real thing and take it from there.
    You want somebody to recommend you get something that has to be HACKED in order to make it work right? Avoid samdung like the plague. Had one once, and will NEVER EVER AGAIN NO MATTER WHAT.

Pixel
    I had a S21 Ultra from its release up until the Pixel 6 pro came out and I couldnt wait to ge rid of the Ultra. Never liked it. I have found the speed and performance of P6Pro is comprabale to the S21 ultra (Exynos version in the UK). The notifications are better, useability is better but the only thing I miss is the macro camera (and the 100x zoom was a plus, but not esential). i am much happier with the Pixel pro