Question S21 Ultra (SM-G998B/DS) freezes for 2-3 seconds while playing games

Search This thread

Antonis1983

Dec 14, 2010
Limassol
My S21 Ultra (SM-G998B/DS) freezes for 2-3 seconds every 5-10 mins while playing games (e.g Grim Soul, Last Day on Earth etc). I've disabled auto manage performance on Game Booster, set the phone to 1080P/60FPS but the issue persists. CPU temperature while playing games does not exceed 39 degrees Celsius and battery temperature 35 degrees Celsius. I am on the latest April 1st security patch, however this issue has persisted since I bought the phone 1,5 month ago.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:

babyboy3265

• Sep 20, 2012
    Jupiter
    My S21 Ultra (SM-G998B/DS) freezes for 2-3 seconds every 5-10 mins while playing games (e.g Grim Soul, Last Day on Earth etc). I've disabled auto manage performance on Game Booster, set the phone to 1080P/60FPS but the issue persists. CPU temperature while playing games does not exceed 39 degrees Celsius and battery temperature 35 degrees Celsius. I am on the latest April 1st security patch, however this issue has persisted since I bought the phone 1,5 month ago.
    Any suggestions?
    Maybe you have some app that kicks in at some point while playing?

Are you only on stock or custom rom?

Any suggestions?
    i got the same problem... (sm-g988B/ds)
    on stock and custom rom its the same...
    don't know why too

Blaydot

Apr 17, 2021
    I don't know if we have the same problem. But the wild rift is the only game that has this issue for me. It will randomly freeze for 1 second.

babyboy3265

• Sep 20, 2012
    Jupiter
    Yes I am on stock firmware.
    Have you tried enabling enhanced processing from the battery settings? It does say that it wont affect gaming performance but try it anyway. And also, is your battery saver on?

It is a strange issue. I don't really play games on the phone so I can't say if i have the same thing.

Antonis1983

Dec 14, 2010
    Limassol
    Have you tried enabling enhanced processing from the battery settings? It does say that it wont affect gaming performance but try it anyway. And also, is your battery saver on?

It is a strange issue. I don't really play games on the phone so I can't say if i have the same thing.
    Yes tried enabling enhanced processing but it had no visible effect. No battery saver is off.

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone