• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question S21 Ultra (SM-G998B) mobile data stop work after sharing data via hotspot

Search This thread

nsvladimir

Aug 29, 2012
Hi, I have an S21 Ultra 5G, (SM-G998B)and I have problem about 1 month ago. When I am connected to a wifi network, icons 4g is turn on and mobile data stop work. Only way to turn on mobile data is restart phone. What is the problem? I try everething and hard reset but problem not solved. This happens almost every day once or twice

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210813-100811_Nova Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20210813-100811_Nova Launcher.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

nsvladimir

Aug 29, 2012
"Mobile data always active" is turn off but 4g icons is active in same time as wifi network. After that I turn off wifi and mobile data not work but 4g icons still turn on.

nsvladimir

Aug 29, 2012
I found out what the problem. Every time after sharing the mobile network via hotspot, when I go to Sim manager and turn off Sim 2, both icons appear and the mobile internet stops working.

1. Turn on sharing mobile data (from sim 1) via hotspot. (sim1 and sim 2 active)
2. Turn off sharing data via hotspot
3. Connect to any wifi (after connect to wifi, only wifi icons appear)
4. Go to sim manager and turn off sim2.
5. After that, both icons (wifi and mobile data) appear and mobile internet stops working.

Does this happen to others?

Last edited: