Question S21 Ultra SOT (screen-on-time)?

Search This thread

mzsquared

Feb 22, 2018
CT
That's more like it! That's what I'd expect from a big 5Ah phone battery.

Attachments

• sot16.PNG
    sot16.PNG
    78.5 KB · Views: 425
  • Haha
Reactions: nightoooo

Elhombree

Jan 9, 2014
I got my device 2 days ago and my first cycle was yesterday where I started the day att 7 am and ended roughly 01 am. I had 15% battery left and got around 7h 55min SOT in my first cycle. AOD, location etc on. Also have adaptiv battery and adaptiv motion with FHD resolution.
As days will pass i think battery will improve further. Today I will test without Aod. I am very satisfied so far.

Quick notice that this device gives me crap cellular connectivity. I have ordered a new SIM card, hopefully that will fix it. I dont know if any of you have had the same issue or not.

karandevilocs

Dec 6, 2010
Has anyone got a day of battery life with HIGH USAGE OF CAMERA ?

i get around 7hrs of SOT in normal usage (after lots of optimizations and updates) but whenever i start to use the camera i can see that battery deplets way faster than usual

can anyone get around 7~8hrs of SOT with taking high amount of pictures / recording vids?

I'm on AUB9 in 512/16Gb Exynos Variant !

osmosizzz

Dec 13, 2010
Central Jersey. That's it
Crazy to see what you guys are getting battery life wise. Today I got 22hrs run time with 5.5hrs screen on time. Thought that was alright but seeing 7+ hours and over 26 hours, seems mine is under performing. I have the SD variant. Seems also that the exynos is back. Much better battery life overall than the snapdragon. I just Uninstalled smart things and put a bunch of apps to sleep. The apps I use on a daily basis, like Instagram, Facebook, snapchat, Chrome and YouTube Vanced are still not put to sleep.

osmosizzz

Dec 13, 2010
Central Jersey. That's it
I've done a factory reset after today's awful Battery drain. No smart switch restore so let's see if it improves. Started since the Feb update. I have very good Battery life on the January patch.
Any updates? Snapdragon T-mobile here. Came over the forums to see if battery life could be better as this phone has a massive battery and was barely outpacing my S10. Looking into what to do with mine and seeing if a factory reset and no smart things restore would do the trick

Tondern

Jun 2, 2011
Tønder
I've got the Exynos version and have been super happy so far. Actually I can't believe how little the battery drains when watching videos. A 45 minute Netflix episode in QHD drains about 4%. I always run QHD and adaptive refresh. This is my latest SOT with 7% battery left.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210226-022039_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20210226-022039_Device care.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 292
Reactions: zenaldo

abhi021

Jul 6, 2011
I've got the Exynos version and have been super happy so far. Actually I can't believe how little the battery drains when watching videos. A 45 minute Netflix episode in QHD drains about 4%. I always run QHD and adaptive refresh. This is my latest SOT with 7% battery left.
Which firmware you are on?

NeidRider

Jan 26, 2009
I'm seeing terrible values, never get more than 18h out of my phone with 2h SoT.
Got in contact with Samsung, they say it's a known issue and to be resolved in an upcoming update.
Yeah, sure...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210226-170001_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20210226-170001_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 165

nightoooo

Jun 17, 2016
Snapdragon S21 Ultra

Mixed usage between 4G & Wifi

It can easy get 6-7 hours of SoT with heavy usage..

QHD+Adaptive 120hz

For now
53% left of Battery life
3.56h SoT
18.42.h since last charge

No optimization at all, everything is on by default.

Screenshot_20210228-112230_Device care.jpg

Reactions: carlitobahsoun

Algraham93

Mar 26, 2018
Hi guys, my battery drain is terrible, averaging around 4 hours SOT and that's without playing games... any ideas?

Running FHD, adaptive brightness and 120hz adaptive..

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210305-205516_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20210305-205516_Device care.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 135

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
I'm at 9 odd hrs SoT, but i have debloated a bit, 5g off (eats battery looking for 5g) also data off as I'm in WiFi zone 95% of the time, most apps i don't use often are in deep sleep. Adaptive refresh rate, very happy, coming from now 20 Ultra (which i loved) but the battery was at least 30% worse in terms of SoT and standby times.

80s Baby

Jun 15, 2014
I'm at 9 odd hrs SoT, but i have debloated a bit, 5g off (eats battery looking for 5g) also data off as I'm in WiFi zone 95% of the time, most apps i don't use often are in deep sleep. Adaptive refresh rate, very happy, coming from now 20 Ultra (which i loved) but the battery was at least 30% worse in terms of SoT and standby times.
did you debloat it using adb or twrp?

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
Any tips? Mines been bad lately and factory reset did nothing.
I debloated a bit, don't have 5g activated (eats battery looking for 5g), only have WiFi on not data unless not in wi-fi area. Went through apps list (including system apps) and disabled background data and battery usage, also put apps i don't need it use into deep sleep or sleep mode. That helped quite a bit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looking at some of the battery life most of you are getting definitely makes me think I've got an issue with my device.

I'm having to charge my phone in the middle of the day, had it for over a month now and it's been like this since day one. Am I charging too often?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

View attachment 5264987View attachment 5264989View attachment 5264991
    Avoid using Chrome. It's a battery hog on s21 ultra. I had to switch to Samsung internet due to the same reason
    Looking at some of the battery life most of you are getting definitely makes me think I've got an issue with my device.

I'm having to charge my phone in the middle of the day, had it for over a month now and it's been like this since day one. Am I charging too often?

A few things to try, make sure data connection is not on 5G (i disable data 80% of the time as i have WiFi), make sure you have put apps you don't use into sleep or deep sleep. Then make sure you go to setting, apps (show system apps) and disable background data and battery use for apps you don't use often. Set adaptive refresh rate to on. Debloating a bit always helps. There is more to try but if you try the above and you don't see a noticeable improvement then we'll try something else.

Firstly get rid of chrome (it's broken), use Samsung internet as it's way lighter on the battery.

It looks like something is stopping your phone from sleeping on some of those graphs, chuck everything you don't need to deep sleep, or install something like GSAM that can tell you what's keeping it awake
    And that's even with Chrome munching your battery for 15 minutes of use, nice
    I generally close out apps when I know I'm putting my phone down for a bit. It's a habit from older phones.
    Last screenshot and was really worried about exynos but not on s21 ultra . Battery has been awesome
    E2100? I would love to have such SOT. Now with note 8 i get max 2-3 hours :D
    And how is light use going for you?
    I am at 23h, 4.30h SoT, 60% battery left
    Got it yesterday.
    First it discharged very quickly after setup etc. I did use Smart Switch 🥴
    Now almost 24h, 5% left, SoT 10h29m

FHD+, wifi, mostly browsing and youtube/spotify (no gaming and wasnt taking lots of pictures). Didnt notice any excessive heat.
    Screenshot_20210129-202248_Device care.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone