Question S21U jerky Video?

Search This thread

Anima14

Feb 13, 2021
Vienna
When using a gimbal, should I turn the Video stabilization off? This is filmed on automatic UHD30 with UW lens. Was I moving too fast? Is S21U dropping frames? Advise highly appreciated, as I got these annoying little jerks spoiling the footage.

dajaco

Jan 7, 2008
When using a gimbal, should I turn the Video stabilization off? This is filmed on automatic UHD30 with UW lens. Was I moving too fast? Is S21U dropping frames? Advise highly appreciated, as I got these annoying little jerks spoiling the footage.

Probably worth experimenting with gimbal OR software stabilisation just to see what each achieves.
Would also bear in mind that the ultrawide lens is the only one without any kind of mechanical OIS - so you would expect it to be the worst performing in terms of stabiliation.

Attachments

• cameraspecs-1536x957.jpg
    cameraspecs-1536x957.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 9

dajaco

Jan 7, 2008
Probably worth experimenting with gimbal OR software stabilisation just to see what each achieves.
Would also bear in mind that the ultrawide lens is the only one without any kind of mechanical OIS - so you would expect it to be the worst performing in terms of stabiliation.
Might also be worth recording at 60fps and then converting it to 30 (if you need it at 30) to see what effect that has. Could be that the software does a better job when it has more frames / a higher refresh rate.

Reactions: Anima14

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Might also be worth recording at 60fps and then converting it to 30 (if you need it at 30) to see what effect that has. Could be that the software does a better job when it has more frames / a higher refresh rate.