Question S21U not compatible with usb to 3.5mm dongle?

Search This thread

zpunout

Aug 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G5 Plus
I just tried my xiaomi usb to 3.5mm dongle on my S21U and it said usb device is not recognised.
Is this normal?
Is there "hacks" for rooted s21u?
Does the USB-C to 3.5mm dongle have a DAC converter chip inside? Some phones don't output analog audio natively through the USB-C port and require a digital to analog conversion which are supported by some external adaptors. Maybe that model device doesn't output analog audio via the USB-C?

amirage

Does the USB-C to 3.5mm dongle have a DAC converter chip inside? Some phones don't output analog audio natively through the USB-C port and require a digital to analog conversion which are supported by some external adaptors. Maybe that model device doesn't output analog audio via the USB-C?
Yes, this is the correct answer to the OP's question. You need a DAC USB-C not a simple USB-C to 3.5mm adapter. Such adapters retail for around $50+ the better the DAC the higher the price.

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Yes, this is the correct answer to the OP's question. You need a DAC USB-C not a simple USB-C to 3.5mm adapter. Such adapters retail for around $50+ the better the DAC the higher the price.
Just bought a 32bit/384kHz sampling one for 8$ on Aliexpress...and before you tell me I can't hear difference between this and a 16bit one...let me tell you..I DO.
I got a 3$ DAC onw and while good for calls, I can definitely tell the difference for music.
And yes, I have the Huawei adapter that came with a Mate 20 Pro ( remember the times when power adapters,cables and 2.5mm jack converters came with phones???) and it's not recognized by the S21U.

Don't curse me for the idiotic link below..I can't shorten it from the ios app:

US $8.72 37% Off | KEYSION HIFI DAC earphone Amplifier USB Type C to 3.5mm Headphone Jack audio adapter 32bit 384kHz Digital Decoder AUX Converter

amirage

Just bought a 32bit/384kHz sampling one for 8$ on Aliexpress...and before you tell me I can't hear difference between this and a 16bit one...let me tell you..I DO.
I got a 3$ DAC onw and while good for calls, I can definitely tell the difference for music.
And yes, I have the Huawei adapter that came with a Mate 20 Pro ( remember the times when power adapters,cables and 2.5mm jack converters came with phones???) and it's not recognized by the S21U.

US $8.72 37% Off | KEYSION HIFI DAC earphone Amplifier USB Type C to 3.5mm Headphone Jack audio adapter 32bit 384kHz Digital Decoder AUX Converter
You will surely hear the difference between a 16bit and 32bit sampling. It's very likely Huawei adapter may not have a DAC on board as my OnePlus 7Pro adapter didn't have one. My contention was not about the price - $50 for a DAC adapter. The point I was trying to make was that you needed an adapter with a DAC..the better the DAC onboard the better your music will sound. It's all personal taste...and if an $8 DAC does the job...good for you!

Reactions: zpunout

diffidatipk

Jul 24, 2017
Bulgaria
use the OEM from samsung ... i did buy a couple with the option to charge at the same time and they didn't work. Saddly you need a one with build-in DAC onto the Type-C to 3.5mm adapter. The cheapest one is the OEM from samsung.... sucks but thats it.

Reactions: zpunout

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just tried my xiaomi usb to 3.5mm dongle on my S21U and it said usb device is not recognised.
    Is this normal?
    Is there "hacks" for rooted s21u?

Use the Samsung one...

You will surely hear the difference between a 16bit and 32bit sampling. It's very likely Huawei adapter may not have a DAC on board as my OnePlus 7Pro adapter didn't have one. My contention was not about the price - $50 for a DAC adapter. The point I was trying to make was that you needed an adapter with a DAC..the better the DAC onboard the better your music will sound. It's all personal taste...and if an $8 DAC does the job...good for you!