Question S21U usb type c earphones

Search This thread

oae08

Nov 5, 2012
Beirut
So I have huawei cm33 usb type c earphones but when i plug them to the S21U it will give a notification saying device not recognized. Is there anyway to make them work? They work on huawei phones and tried them on oneplus also working. Such a disappointment that a 1500$ phone can't support wired earphones with type c

Z750SK

Oct 24, 2012
BA
So I have huawei cm33 usb type c earphones but when i plug them to the S21U it will give a notification saying device not recognized. Is there anyway to make them work? They work on huawei phones and tried them on oneplus also working. Such a disappointment that a 1500$ phone can't support wired earphones with type c
You have to use either headphones with build in D/A Converter or normal 3,5Jack headphones together with Samsung USB-C to 3,5Jack Adapter EE-UC10JUWEGWW. Samsung does not have analog signal on USB-C plug. If you buy just a cheep USB-C to 3,5Jack Adapter it will not work, because of missing D/A Converter.

oae08

Nov 5, 2012
Beirut
You have to use either headphones with build in D/A Converter or normal 3,5Jack headphones together with Samsung USB-C to 3,5Jack Adapter EE-UC10JUWEGWW. Samsung does not have analog signal on USB-C plug. If you buy just a cheep USB-C to 3,5Jack Adapter it will not work, because of missing D/A Converter.
Is there an amazon link of one that works

Maddmatt

Aug 10, 2010
Convert to wireless, you have a $1500 phone, you can donate those $20 earphones to someone whose broke and wants them :)
I wasn't sold on wireless buds until I got them for free with my pre-order, now I love them..

oae08

Nov 5, 2012
Beirut
Convert to wireless, you have a $1500 phone, you can donate those $20 earphones to someone whose broke and wants them :)
I wasn't sold on wireless buds until I got them for free with my pre-order, now I love them..

I got the wireless buds pro also, but that's not my point. There are still some situations i would like to plug in my wired headphones.

Reactions: Techvir

78apb

Sep 23, 2010
Saint Petersburg
Is there an amazon link of one that works

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
I got my adapter on Amazon for between $3-$5 and it works fine with my S21U (no problems from four different sets of wired headphones)... I'm thinking that this guy's headphones might have some type of device limitation.

*Edit* - Here's a link to the adapter that I have. Price has gone up (as the price has for everything in the past 4-5 months) and so now it's $10. But it does indeed work on my S21U (but funnily enough, it didn't work on my Pixel 3XL when I had originally purchased it two years back).

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I got the wireless buds pro also, but that's not my point. There are still some situations i would like to plug in my wired headphones.

Simply get the Samsung converter. It's output is via a 3.5mm jack though. I avoid using the C port for anything except charging and connecting to the PC to reduce wear. The bottom of the phone is a lousy place to have it for audio... born to die.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Jusr follow @Keyvannn 's video link. There no need to hassle & buy any D/A converters. It works out of the box. Just enable audio routing on developer options.

This is correct. I had forgotten about them but in the box was a factory included wired earbud set with a C port connector. They worked but they sucked. The 10+ made the connection automatically; simply go to settings to route the audio via the C port.

The problem arises if you need the 3.5mm jack.
Lame Sammy.

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

I had forgotten the about the included AKG wired earbuds with the 10+. I don't think they have a builtin DAC, they might. Latter I'll pull them and try to see what output the phone is making to them.

Samsung has always been less than forthcoming with their bloody specs. Cryptic be an accurate description... try finding specs for the SSC codec🤣
See where that takes you before you finally realize the UHQ upscaler isn't available for bluetooth except on the Note 8 I believe it was. It's misleading at the best. You need to follow multiple Samsung links to finally route that out.

oae08

Nov 5, 2012
Beirut
This is correct. I had forgotten about them but in the box was a factory included wired earbud set with a C port connector. They worked but they sucked. The 10+ made the connection automatically; simply go to settings to route the audio via the C port.

The problem arises if you need the 3.5mm jack.
Lame Sammy.
Jusr follow @Keyvannn 's video link. There no need to hassle & buy any D/A converters. It works out of the box. Just enable audio routing on developer options.

Thanks guys, but this might work on the S20/S10 etc because they have 3.5mm audio jack ALSO. but the S21 does not have and by default the option is already disabled on S21. unfortunately i double checked again and it still doesnt work

abhi021

Jul 6, 2011
Works with Note 20 Ultra, works with S21 Ultra: Meizu Hifi DAC Pro, Ztella MQA and so on. I prefer to use with UAPP + Tidal MQA with direct output/bit perfect (exclusive direct mode). But all of them works with standard android mixer/output too.
Thanks.
The only bummer with UAPP and tidal is it doesn't support offline mode. N native tidal with external dac does not not support more than 48khz.
Where as I guess tidal on apple does support mqa from native tidal app

Works with Note 20 Ultra, works with S21 Ultra: Meizu Hifi DAC Pro, Ztella MQA and so on. I prefer to use with UAPP + Tidal MQA with direct output/bit perfect (exclusive direct mode). But all of them works with standard android mixer/output too.
Is this confirmed...do this USB Dacs work with this device. I'm planning on buying the Meizu DAC since my generic Amazon USB DAC shows as unsupported USB when I plug it in...

78apb

Sep 23, 2010
Saint Petersburg
Is this confirmed...do this USB Dacs work with this device. I'm planning on buying the Meizu DAC since my generic Amazon USB DAC shows as unsupported USB when I plug it in...

Just received (a few hours ago) my E1DA DAC by Ivan

works great with UAPP + Tidal, bit-perfect. Type C<> Type C cable is included, a bit shorty and hard, but it works.

Just received (a few hours ago) my E1DA DAC by Ivan

works great with UAPP + Tidal, bit-perfect. Type C<> Type C cable is included, a bit shorty and hard, but it works.
I'm seeing 2 comments about UAPP ...is it necessary to have this app to play music via USB C Dacs? Also, I'm more inclined towards Ztella DAC..but am scared to blow 99$ just to find that it's not supported by the phone...has anyone used this USB DAC?

78apb

Sep 23, 2010
Saint Petersburg
I'm seeing 2 comments about UAPP ...is it necessary to have this app to play music via USB C Dacs? Also, I'm more inclined towards Ztella DAC..but am scared to blow 99$ just to find that it's not supported by the phone...has anyone used this USB DAC?

1) ztella has a significant discount promo coupon code, just google it, many of them flying around. If IRR, 30% discount code available. $69 + shipping for MQA version, for example.

2) UAPP is necessary to get the full advantage of MQA and direct output. If you do not plan to use Tidal, you can use Neutron player instead, or Hiby Music app - or any app that support direct output to DAC (with the proper drivers built-in in that app, uapp just have a widest base of drivers and always works perfect, have frequent updates and decent interface).

Otherwise, you will listen to standard Android audio which is processed by the firmware and have nullified almost any advantage in the sound quality you paid for using DAC.

Reactions: amirage

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1) ztella has a significant discount promo coupon code, just google it, many of them flying around. If IRR, 30% discount code available. $69 + shipping for MQA version, for example.

2) UAPP is necessary to get the full advantage of MQA and direct output. If you do not plan to use Tidal, you can use Neutron player instead, or Hiby Music app - or any app that support direct output to DAC (with the proper drivers built-in in that app, uapp just have a widest base of drivers and always works perfect, have frequent updates and decent interface).

Otherwise, you will listen to standard Android audio which is processed by the firmware and have nullified almost any advantage in the sound quality you paid for using DAC.