Question S21ultra camera issue and reboot

Search This thread

oae08

Nov 5, 2012
Beirut
I'm having random restarts with the s21 ultra, seems the phone is having an error in the background and restarts to avoid freezing or something.

I checked all the auto-restart options are off. The restarts really happen randomly, sometimes im watching a youtube video, sometimes chatting on whatsapp, and it happens almost once/twice a week.
But what i noticed lately, mostly its when an app is using the camera. Sometimes i try to launch the stock camera app and it doesn't launch (writes a quick note that its unable or something) and the phone reboots.

Any solution of what to do? I keep entering the members app after the phone restarted and send the crash log to Samsung but until now I have the same problem and no fix.

Its really unacceptable, i have paid alot for this phone, i got the 512GB with 16GB ram and in the end the phone crashes when opening the stock camera app. Really will never buy Samsung ever again

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    First, you need to track down the source of the problem.
    I wouldn't even let WhatsApp run on my phone... it's nothing but trouble.
    Try clearing the system cache.
    Clear cam data.
    Because it's rebooting you can't see what was running/cache last.

This is abnormal behavior and may indicate malware.
    Look at 3rd party apps you have installed for starters.

Last edited by a moderator:

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
    Instead bitchin you need to track it down...
    Clear cam data.

Where can he go to see what apps caused the crash -- isn't there something in the Android system that allows him to see that?

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
    I'm having random restarts with the s21 ultra, seems the phone is having an error in the background and restarts to avoid freezing or something.

I checked all the auto-restart options are off. The restarts really happen randomly, sometimes im watching a youtube video, sometimes chatting on whatsapp, and it happens almost once/twice a week.
    But what i noticed lately, mostly its when an app is using the camera. Sometimes i try to launch the stock camera app and it doesn't launch (writes a quick note that its unable or something) and the phone reboots.

Any solution of what to do? I keep entering the members app after the phone restarted and send the crash log to Samsung but until now I have the same problem and no fix.

Its really unacceptable, i have paid alot for this phone, i got the 512GB with 16GB ram and in the end the phone crashes when opening the stock camera app. Really will never buy Samsung ever again
    Do a return/RMA before time runs out? It could be a hardware issue.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    Where can he go to see what apps caused the crash -- isn't there something in the Android system that allows him to see that?
    If it hadn't rebooted it would show as a running or cache app in Device Care or Developer options.
    After reboot that's all cleared pretty sure the cache is too but you can double check.

I would try to get the device replaced by Samsung as soon as possible if I had the option rather than trying to troubleshoot it. This is abnormal behaviour, maybe software, maybe hardware but if I can get the device replaced, I'd choose that as the first option.

I had a similar issue with my brand new HTC Desire S (ages ago) and foolishly tried to solve the problem by trying software hacks, almost tripped the security flag and missed the DOA claim window trying to sort it out myself. Fortunately came to my senses and took it to the service centre and got a replacement on the same day.

If that's not an option for you, then we can all huddle together here and try to figure this out.

And by the way, don't hate on Samsung because your device isn't performing well. Sometimes this happens with complex electronic devices. That's what the warranty is for. If they don't honour the warranty, then we can all swear at them with abandon. Calm down and contact the service centre.

Last edited:

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
    Be mad at Samsung for many things. Not this. Their QA isn't that bad and also head-to-head with Apple's, statistically speaking. Wait till you see what Pixels have been doing, LOL.

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    I would try to get the device replaced by Samsung as soon as possible if I had the option rather than trying to troubleshoot it. This is abnormal behaviour, maybe software, maybe hardware but if I can get the device replaced, I'd choose that as the first option.

I had a similar issue with my brand new HTC Desire S (ages ago) and foolishly tried to solve the problem by trying software hacks, almost tripped the security flag and missed the DOA claim window trying to sort it out myself. Fortunately came to my senses and took it to the service centre and got a replacement on the same day.

If that's not an option for you, then we can all huddle together here and try to figure this out.

And by the way, don't hate on Samsung because your device isn't performing well. Sometimes this happens with complex electronic devices. That's what the warranty is for. If they don't honour the warranty, then we can all swear at them with abandon. Calm down and contact the service centre.

It may be hardware or firmware. Or completely self inflicted.
    If you can return it, I would do so.

When buying an Android always go for one with an SD card slot; use it as the data drive and the OS/apps go on the internal memory. Makes life and reloads much easier... and faster.

I always build my computers with data drives, even did it with my laptop. Among other things it helps to protect your data. In almost all OS crash and burns, the data drives remain intact. Nonetheless you back up the data drives to at least 2 hdds that are physically and electronically isolated from each other.

oae08

Nov 5, 2012
    Beirut

I am not really sure what their warranty policy in KSA is. Will go to them in person and check what they will offer after making a backup of my data. But I expect they do not allow to get replacement (i have the device since about 4 months now) but this problem was not happening the first 2-3 months. But i haven't installed a single new application (so we cant say it may be a new 3rd party app)

Instead bitchin you need to track it down...
    Clear cam data.

I do not have many 3rd party apps for starters (less than 20) and i have the same exact apps on my other honor 10 phone which dont have this problem at all, so i believe its not from a 3rd party app.
    Clearing cache and cam data are the first things ive done, and the same issue reoccurs.
    Im posting this not for bitchin but for users to give me ideas of what to do since im frustrated and i have done all the 'quick fixes' i could think of with no success.
    If there is a way i can view the crash log, then that might be helpful...

I am not really sure what their warranty policy in KSA is. Will go to them in person and check what they will offer after making a backup of my data. But I expect they do not allow to get replacement (i have the device since about 4 months now) but this problem was not happening the first 2-3 months. But i haven't installed a single new application (so we cant say it may be a new 3rd party app)
    Only way to be certain is to ask them I guess.

Do you get the standard 1 year warranty in KSA? Or is it different?

I don't think there is any harm in asking. if they can diagnose the issue, they may be able to repair it at least, if not give you a replacement.

oae08

Nov 5, 2012
    Beirut
    Only way to be certain is to ask them I guess.

Do you get the standard 1 year warranty in KSA? Or is it different?

I don't think there is any harm in asking. if they can diagnose the issue, they may be able to repair it at least, if not give you a replacement.

We get 24 months warranty by samsung here, but I am not sure if they allow replacements in their warranty. I've had previous bad experience where they kept trying to 'repair' the device and same problem came again (long time ago- over 5 years so maybe things have changed).

We get 24 months warranty by samsung here, but I am not sure if they allow replacements in their warranty. I've had previous bad experience where they kept trying to 'repair' the device and same problem came again (long time ago- over 5 years so maybe things have changed).
    Wow! That's double the warranty coverage offered to us here in India.

If you think it's a software issue, and don't think Samsung will be of much help, then start with a factory reset. If that doesnt solve it, clean flash fresh firmware. If still no joy, then mostly it's going to be a hardware issue. Whatever you do, don't root or trip the e-fuse in any way if you want to have any hopes of claiming warranty in the future.

ItsSpain

Jun 22, 2021
    Hey

I also had this problem.. My phone would keep restarting while watching any type of video and/or using any app that used the camera. The phone screen would almost become "glitchy" with green lines and restart.

I even had an official Samsung partner come repair my phone at my home. He replaced the motherboard and the battery, but sadly this didn't fix the problem.

Lucky I was still within my 14 days with my phone network to get it replaced.

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    Hey

I also had this problem.. My phone would keep restarting while watching any type of video and/or using any app that used the camera. The phone screen would almost become "glitchy" with green lines and restart.

I even had an official Samsung partner come repair my phone at my home. He replaced the motherboard and the battery, but sadly this didn't fix the problem.

Wow.
    He should of just replaced the display too🤣

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hey

Do a return/RMA before time runs out? It could be a hardware issue.

Hey