Question S21Ultra exynos vs snapdragon! Any winners

Search This thread

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
And here's yet another comparison which basically shows the opposite of The Tech Chap (spoiler - Snapdragon wins everything and by quite large margins at times:

pafc66

Oct 13, 2014
The andantech review and photo samples were obvious to me , the Snapdragon just took cleaner shots every single time ... However this was the earlier firmwares so who knows.

Reactions: nightoooo

nightoooo

Jun 17, 2016
And here's yet another comparison which basically shows the opposite of The Tech Chap (spoiler - Snapdragon wins everything and by quite large margins at times:

Vic on PhoneArena should be ashamed of what he said by "not much difference" in each time Snapdragon has the upper hand, he tuned down the Snapdragon all the time even though it was obvious much better performer in each aspect, too bad from a respectable person to not admit the truth.

xAD3r1ty

Jun 24, 2013
I have said before, I got an exynos that was soo much worse than the 888, but my gf exynos gets better scores than my 888, even in that car chase bench, 60fps like the 888, no idea how he got 31fps in the exynos, but, exynos is so inconsistent, you either get a good chip that's on par with 888 or better, or you get something much worse, like a different chipset, it's weird, I bet camera will get much better with software updates anyways

dazed1

Jul 24, 2013
I have said before, I got an exynos that was soo much worse than the 888, but my gf exynos gets better scores than my 888, even in that car chase bench, 60fps like the 888, no idea how he got 31fps in the exynos, but, exynos is so inconsistent, you either get a good chip that's on par with 888 or better, or you get something much worse, like a different chipset, it's weird, I bet camera will get much better with software updates anyways

Or different firmware why are you guys so confused when its kinda obvious 🤔

Last edited:

Berserker900

• May 7, 2020
    me too, i'm happy with my phone i just need update for photo and video and with my case, no heating problem:D
    hi sir,
    i have seen all the photos that you have posted, tbh im worried now since i got my exynos for a trade in....is it any good now.
    mainly i care about daily function battery and camera, i do not game or do other heavy benches or whatever.
    also i have heard that doing a clean install will benefit the battery rather than using smart switch, wat do you think.

xAD3r1ty

Jun 24, 2013
    Or different firmware why are you guys so confused when its kinda obvious 🤔

Not different firmware, I had both exynos at the same firmware AUB9, one was good, the other was so bad it looked like a different chip, there's nothing confusing if you have devices with both 888 and exynos 2100, just fanboys , I talk for what I tested, there are exynos performing better than 888 and others that are really bad.
    But it's obvious at this point that unless you get a golden chip, exynos is worse, but not like last year, normal users won't notice anyways.

UNIK97122

Apr 10, 2020
    Meaux
    hi sir,
    i have seen all the photos that you have posted, tbh im worried now since i got my exynos for a trade in....is it any good now.
    mainly i care about daily function battery and camera, i do not game or do other heavy benches or whatever.
    also i have heard that doing a clean install will benefit the battery rather than using smart switch, wat do you think.
    it's up to you i have no troubles with my phone and i can use it full day without charging my only complain is about the camera software but i think it will be better with updates like my S20 ultra did :cool: i don't make full install, just clean the cache system in recovery mode and everything is ok but like in graphic card and cpu, the chipset can be good or bad this time i'm lucky :geek:

Reactions: Berserker900

mathieulh

Jan 9, 2008
    Paris

Berserker900

• May 7, 2020
    it's up to you i have no troubles with my phone and i can use it full day without charging my only complain is about the camera software but i think it will be better with updates like my S20 ultra did :cool: i don't make full install, just clean the cache system in recovery mode and everything is ok but like in graphic card and cpu, the chipset can be good or bad this time i'm lucky :geek:
    I get great results out of bench tests, never faced any heating or whatsoever.
    Its just the battery seems a bit off for me, will test it further more and try adb debloat method.
    Anyways cheerz mate, glad you like the phone

dazed1

Jul 24, 2013
    Not different firmware, I had both exynos at the same firmware AUB9, one was good, the other was so bad it looked like a different chip, there's nothing confusing if you have devices with both 888 and exynos 2100, just fanboys , I talk for what I tested, there are exynos performing better than 888 and others that are really bad.
    But it's obvious at this point that unless you get a golden chip, exynos is worse, but not like last year, normal users won't notice anyways.

1 unit is not indication of all, we cannot know for sure, that's why we use a consensus method AKA most video show small differences, and sometimes users report bad battery life and heating to Snapdragon units as well. So i would say lets wait 1-2 months + for Samsung to iron everything out, and then claim a winner.

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but I thought this was probably the best overall thread that tried to share information about SD vs Exynos for the S21 Ultra.

Following the big April update for the Exynos, I wonder if these reviewers would consider re-testing stuff like lowlight video and photos between these two chips:

The one I'm most interested in is the lowlight video from "Golden Reviewer", as I felt that was the biggest difference between SD and Exynos (with the SD being better before the April update). However, following the April update on the Exynos, the following demonstrates a significant improvement:

Battery life interests me less, as I think both phones are comparable (all the tests I've seen feel like they are well within "error" between the two).

Performance (CPU/GPU speeds etc) also interests me less, as I never do gaming, and benchmarks don't reflect everyday usage of regular apps. Furthermore, real-world gaming performance (from user's perspective) has been demonstrably shown to be comparable between the two.

I think given the Exynos chip is being used in the Korean market this time, Samsung will be keen to keep improving it.

Reactions: dazed1

Riyal

• Dec 16, 2011
    Iloilo City
    Korean
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but I thought this was probably the best overall thread that tried to share information about SD vs Exynos for the S21 Ultra.

Following the big April update for the Exynos, I wonder if these reviewers would consider re-testing stuff like lowlight video and photos between these two chips:

The one I'm most interested in is the lowlight video from "Golden Reviewer", as I felt that was the biggest difference between SD and Exynos (with the SD being better before the April update). However, following the April update on the Exynos, the following demonstrates a significant improvement:

Battery life interests me less, as I think both phones are comparable (all the tests I've seen feel like they are well within "error" between the two).

Performance (CPU/GPU speeds etc) also interests me less, as I never do gaming, and benchmarks don't reflect everyday usage of regular apps. Furthermore, real-world gaming performance (from user's perspective) has been demonstrably shown to be comparable between the two.

I think given the Exynos chip is being used in the Korean market this time, Samsung will be keen to keep improving it.
    Korean Market still use the snapdragon variant.

And I doubt those same reviewers will make a review again. A handful of new phones have been released already since and the views are now on those phones and not the s21.

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
    Korean

Korean Market still use the snapdragon variant.

And I doubt those same reviewers will make a review again. A handful of new phones have been released already since and the views are now on those phones and not the s21.
    No, Korea used snapdragon for S20 series but exynos for S21. The video I linked is a person recording in South Korea and he confirms he uses exynos.

As for at least one of those reviewers that I linked just before, they actually posted an updated video following the flurry of updates for the exynos version in late February. So it's possible he could do another update. But yes, it's a shame people don't do comparisons following these software updates. I actually think it would be ideal to do direct comparisons 2-3 months following release for these Samsung flagships, just to more objectively confirm that Samsung does fix/improve things with time.

Reactions: dazed1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I respect him a lot as well but this time I don't follow his video and thoughts. When he said that Samsung release an Exynos version and a Snapdragon version of the S21 Ultra, it feels like he just discovered that. Then when he sees there's major difference with the camera between Exynos and Snapdragon, What he showed on his videos aren't dramatically different. By the way some shot was better on Exynos some was better on Snapdragon. Yet he only mention when the shot goes wrong with Exynos. Biased. The PlayStation emulator scenario, again there were no dramatic difference (plus I'm not even sure if that example is valable. Run a Genshin impact at 60fps with Exynos and Snapdragon. What's the use of scenarios that doesn't even represent what the majority do or play with their phone.)

Finally he said that he doesn't believe that these "issues" can't be fixed by software update because the phone are already on the market?

Should we begin with the number of games that are released unfinished but get "finished" with updates ? Ok I digress.

So when Samsung release updates they can't make adjustments on their software ? Weird, we received an update on the S21 Ultra recently to improve the cameras.

The only part on the video where it made sense for me is the part when he charged the phones and run his tests and then talk about temperature and stuff.

I respect that guy a lot but, the bashing over Exynos i don't get it. Particularly when numbers of Exynos users seems satisfied with their s21Ultra, which wasn't the case in the past
      You see what's happening now is people who have Snapdragon and people who have not bought any S21 wants to prove that Exynos is bad and they got a better phone or just make people who bought an S21 feel bad respectively!(don't take it the wrong way but having gone through the forum posts and comments, this is what I understood)... But the thing is noone is taking the word of actual people who bought the phone and is happy about it to account at all! Everyone is so focused on what "tech reviewers" say and when someone supports Exynos, they are lying or stupid and if they bash the Exynos, they are the best because I have seen what people have been saying about MrWhoseTheBoss... His test was actually comprehensive but the part where he read the temperature thing was wrong and he admitted it so did he admit he'll have another go at it after the other guy the TechChap's video came out! But how does all this affect the daily usage of a phone? People who buy a new phone look at battery, display, cameras, day to day performance and gaming to some extent as well! And everything is same in both the phones! I'm getting almost 8hrs+ screen on time with 17hrs+ usage at wqhd with 120hz with the Exynos and that too seeing videos, using duo atleast for 2 hours daily, streaming music, browsing etc. What's the problem now? I do accept the camera performance might not be that good compared to Snapdragon and I really hope Samsung fixes this in the next software update or any software update! But my phone captures better photos than any of the phones people I know uses and I don't do pixel peeking! So... I'm not sure how many people will agree to my view point on this... But let's see!
      Watch this video and to be honest, I am fed of people complaining too much about the camera quality in Exynos because simply it's performing even better than Snapdragon, so please stop this annoying fanboys mentality, get a proper life and let people enjoy thier life..

Ok got my hands on a snapdragon s21 ultra and compared with my exynos s21 ultra. The camera quality is almost light and day. The exynos oversharpens shockingly to make up for less detail it's inferior ISP can process so it tends to just up the sharpness in a attempt to compensate which looks over processed and just shocking. It's pretty bad when you pixel peep but even when you don't it's quite obvious especially in trees and fine detail ect.. Colours are better on the snapdragon as well. Updates might fix it but I doubt it. My note 20 ultra (snapdragon) took better photos than this exynos s21 ultra. It's laughable that these are the same phones. Disappointing as usual especially after they've made ground in battery and performance. I'll continue to import SD.

I smelling bullshit here..
      Everyone with Exynos have HEATING PROBLEM!
      If you open the camera just 10 minutes it will heat.

If you recording video for 10 Minutes, your phone will heat to 47°C and phone will close your camera.
      This is happening in winter when is not so HOT. What will be in summer???

Will Samsung fix this with updates?

Nope, not everyone. Reviewers users include me, dont have any heating problems.
      Its boring, users with SD tries to degrade tge exynos version with fake informations.. Dont cry babies, exynos is now almost in par with snap. A little better performance and videos in snap.
      A little better photos and battery time in in exynos.
      Thats all.