Question S21Ultra exynos vs snapdragon! Any winners

Search This thread
yes you are right it is entirely his opinion ... the problem is that on the forum he treats all those who say that the photos of the exynos version are bad as liars, while he has not posted any pictures or nothing. what is he based on to say that? screenshot with a phone? the example he shows in fact he is right about this but on the rest of the photo, the result is clear :the S20 Ultra is currently taking better photos than the S21 Ultra exynos my photos are online everyone can do the tests and if needed i have more pictures to share.
ps: to compare picture try on pc, not on smatphone :cool:
Actually I personally don't mind... I am happy with my phone and I don't see any problem that anyone says they have with the phone, which is bad battery life and heating... I don't take much photos but whatever I have taken has actually got the phone praise because everyone else uses normal phones and look at photos in a macro level... And even if there is a quality issue, I know for a fact Samsung will fix it as a lot is riding on this Exynos for them! So hopefully this will be fixed... I plan on using this phone for the next 3 years atleast as priorities are starting to change😅... So let's see what happens!🤭

Reactions: UNIK97122

UNIK97122

Apr 10, 2020
Meaux
Actually I personally don't mind... I am happy with my phone and I don't see any problem that anyone says they have with the phone, which is bad battery life and heating... I don't take much photos but whatever I have taken has actually got the phone praise because everyone else uses normal phones and look at photos in a macro level... And even if there is a quality issue, I know for a fact Samsung will fix it as a lot is riding on this Exynos for them! So hopefully this will be fixed... I plan on using this phone for the next 3 years atleast as priorities are starting to change😅... So let's see what happens!🤭
me too, i'm happy with my phone i just need update for photo and video and with my case, no heating problem:D

Reactions: Berserker900

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
iaB8MdB.jpg

That's a record right? Exynos S21 Ultra.

pafc66

Oct 13, 2014
Watch this video and to be honest, I am fed of people complaining too much about the camera quality in Exynos because simply it's performing even better than Snapdragon, so please stop this annoying fanboys mentality, get a proper life and let people enjoy thier life..

Irrelevant..

It's not the 108megapixel s21 ultra. It's just the s21. Completely different sensors.

Might want to get the models right before making that determination because you're wrong

xAD3r1ty

Jun 24, 2013
after owning both exynos 2100 and sp888 i just returned the exynos, unless you are lucky and get good silicon you will have an inferior phone for 1300eur, my exynos couldn't hold max cpu clocks, gpu throttling hard, getting hot too easily, i ran every possible benchmark and it was bad results, latest firmware.

the 888 is night and day at least for me.

i dont want to bash on exynos, my gf also has the s21 exynos , better bin than mine but still worse than the sp888, that's why you sometimes see vídeos where the exynos is on par and others where it's so much worse

it might not matter to some but if I'm paying this high price for a phone, I'm for sure getting the better one

after owning both exynos 2100 and sp888 i just returned the exynos, unless you are lucky and get good silicon you will have an inferior phone for 1300eur, my exynos couldn't hold max cpu clocks, gpu throttling hard, getting hot too easily, i ran every possible benchmark and it was bad results, latest firmware.

i dont want to bash on exynos, my gf also has the s21 exynos , better bin than mine but still worse than the sp888, that's why you sometimes see vídeos where the exynos is on par and others where it's so much worse

it might not matter to some but if I'm paying this high price for a phone, I'm for sure getting the better one
How did you check your bin? Lots of people have been looking for a way!

Reactions: nightoo

xAD3r1ty

Jun 24, 2013
How did you check your bin? Lots of people have been looking for a way!

By benchmarks and comparing FPS between benchmarks/games, for example, 3dmark runs around the 20-40fps, did multiple runs and comparing my exynos with my gf (both exynos 2100) I saw real-time her device legit getting 7-8 more FPS than me, it's like I was testing 2 completely different devices

By benchmarks and comparing FPS between benchmarks/games, for example, 3dmark runs around the 20-40fps, did multiple runs and comparing my exynos with my gf (both exynos 2100) I saw real-time her device legit getting 7-8 more FPS than me, it's like I was testing 2 completely different devices
You can't just base this on benchmarks alone! There are a whole lot of variables that affect benchmark score like which apps are running in the background, the frame rate and the screen resolution (when you are comparing with the S21) so I would suggest you to have a look at the scores again if u haven't considered this... But if u have, then definitely your device may have some issues! I have got scores from 600 to 1100 something using my S21U so that's why I am saying this!

dazed1

Jul 24, 2013
Watch this video and to be honest, I am fed of people complaining too much about the camera quality in Exynos because simply it's performing even better than Snapdragon, so please stop this annoying fanboys mentality, get a proper life and let people enjoy thier life..

Exynos haters are the flat earthers of the mobile world. And let me be honest, neither Exynos, or Snapdragon take better photos, and i talk about the 2100 and cameras mostly, for games the 888 have advantage. This phone in both version is brutally snappy and super fast, the input latency is in single digits, insane responsiveness.

The difference lies in random variations from unit to unit.
And from the different firmware's used in both phones most likely.
The blurriness at sides in the video from the Snapdragon, is what i have on my January fw stucked S21U.
The cameras still need some work, i expect S21U to be at its best in 2-3 months.

nightoo

Apr 3, 2010
Exynos haters are the flat earthers of the mobile world. And let me be honest, neither Exynos, or Snapdragon take better photos, and i talk about the 2100 and cameras mostly, for games the 888 have advantage. This phone in both version is brutally snappy and super fast, the input latency is in single digits, insane responsiveness.

The difference lies in random variations from unit to unit.
And from the different firmware's used in both phones most likely.
The blurriness at sides in the video from the Snapdragon, is what i have on my January fw stucked S21U.
The cameras still need some work, i expect S21U to be at its best in 2-3 months.

Actually, there is almost no difference between the two chipsets for 99% people.

The benchmarks are taken when the phones pushes to their maximum load which is in real life will not happen so often or almost never! If that load happens then it will be for just limited time..

It's the exactly same with PC world, when you run benchmarking tests, you will hear all fans goes on highest speed until CPU & GPU start throttling to cool down and that load will be only for limited time not for longer period.

The real time usage is the only relevant here, if I get a phone that works according to my expectations, then I don't need to compare all the time with other devices, what I mean the initial tests are just enough and the majority of these tests showed how close the gap shrinked in between Exynos and Snapdragon.

See below table showing the comparisons between Exynos & Snapdragon in the latest years.. (thanks to Swedroid).. this is at least for GeekBench..

upload_2021-2-15_19-45-20.png

Reactions: dazed1

dazed1

Jul 24, 2013

Check this out

This is probably the best thread if any to post this so here goes:

The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra & S21 Review: The Near Perfect and The Different (anandtech.com)

I have not even read it yet but really looking forward to it.
Conclusion is that Snapdragon and Exynos is on par with each other in terms of everything and one shouldn't worry which they get! The camera performance of both the variants are bad like all the previous releases every year and they are saying it'll be fixed with software updates because it clearly has to do with software and not the hardware and that this is how Samsung works...

dazed1

Jul 24, 2013

Yeah, no.

! The camera performance of both the variants are bad like all the previous releases every year and they are saying it'll be fixed with software updates because it clearly has to do with software and not the hardware and that this is how Samsung works...

He tested the phones on very first firmware sadly :/

on AUB9 camera is significantly better.

He tested the phones on very first firmware sadly :/
on AUB9 camera is significantly better.
He says he got 1 update for Snapdragon and 2 on Exynos claiming to have improved camera performance but still in same frame itself there are areas where the Exynos shines and areas where Snapdragon shines! I don't know photography and don't zoom in to see that much of a problem neither do I have both phones to compare. But ya sharpness and less noise is something I need, which I feel my Exynos does! But I've not been able to test my phone properly because I've not been out that much...🥺

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I respect him a lot as well but this time I don't follow his video and thoughts. When he said that Samsung release an Exynos version and a Snapdragon version of the S21 Ultra, it feels like he just discovered that. Then when he sees there's major difference with the camera between Exynos and Snapdragon, What he showed on his videos aren't dramatically different. By the way some shot was better on Exynos some was better on Snapdragon. Yet he only mention when the shot goes wrong with Exynos. Biased. The PlayStation emulator scenario, again there were no dramatic difference (plus I'm not even sure if that example is valable. Run a Genshin impact at 60fps with Exynos and Snapdragon. What's the use of scenarios that doesn't even represent what the majority do or play with their phone.)

Finally he said that he doesn't believe that these "issues" can't be fixed by software update because the phone are already on the market?

Should we begin with the number of games that are released unfinished but get "finished" with updates ? Ok I digress.

So when Samsung release updates they can't make adjustments on their software ? Weird, we received an update on the S21 Ultra recently to improve the cameras.

The only part on the video where it made sense for me is the part when he charged the phones and run his tests and then talk about temperature and stuff.

I respect that guy a lot but, the bashing over Exynos i don't get it. Particularly when numbers of Exynos users seems satisfied with their s21Ultra, which wasn't the case in the past
    You see what's happening now is people who have Snapdragon and people who have not bought any S21 wants to prove that Exynos is bad and they got a better phone or just make people who bought an S21 feel bad respectively!(don't take it the wrong way but having gone through the forum posts and comments, this is what I understood)... But the thing is noone is taking the word of actual people who bought the phone and is happy about it to account at all! Everyone is so focused on what "tech reviewers" say and when someone supports Exynos, they are lying or stupid and if they bash the Exynos, they are the best because I have seen what people have been saying about MrWhoseTheBoss... His test was actually comprehensive but the part where he read the temperature thing was wrong and he admitted it so did he admit he'll have another go at it after the other guy the TechChap's video came out! But how does all this affect the daily usage of a phone? People who buy a new phone look at battery, display, cameras, day to day performance and gaming to some extent as well! And everything is same in both the phones! I'm getting almost 8hrs+ screen on time with 17hrs+ usage at wqhd with 120hz with the Exynos and that too seeing videos, using duo atleast for 2 hours daily, streaming music, browsing etc. What's the problem now? I do accept the camera performance might not be that good compared to Snapdragon and I really hope Samsung fixes this in the next software update or any software update! But my phone captures better photos than any of the phones people I know uses and I don't do pixel peeking! So... I'm not sure how many people will agree to my view point on this... But let's see!

Ok got my hands on a snapdragon s21 ultra and compared with my exynos s21 ultra. The camera quality is almost light and day. The exynos oversharpens shockingly to make up for less detail it's inferior ISP can process so it tends to just up the sharpness in a attempt to compensate which looks over processed and just shocking. It's pretty bad when you pixel peep but even when you don't it's quite obvious especially in trees and fine detail ect.. Colours are better on the snapdragon as well. Updates might fix it but I doubt it. My note 20 ultra (snapdragon) took better photos than this exynos s21 ultra. It's laughable that these are the same phones. Disappointing as usual especially after they've made ground in battery and performance. I'll continue to import SD.

I smelling bullshit here..
    Everyone with Exynos have HEATING PROBLEM!
    If you open the camera just 10 minutes it will heat.

If you recording video for 10 Minutes, your phone will heat to 47°C and phone will close your camera.
    This is happening in winter when is not so HOT. What will be in summer???

Will Samsung fix this with updates?

Nope, not everyone. Reviewers users include me, dont have any heating problems.
    Its boring, users with SD tries to degrade tge exynos version with fake informations.. Dont cry babies, exynos is now almost in par with snap. A little better performance and videos in snap.
    A little better photos and battery time in in exynos.
    Thats all.