Question S22 128GB - how much free strorage is on new phone and how long 4K movie it can take?

Search This thread

abramq

Dec 24, 2006
Hello,
I wonder what version to buy - 128 or 256 GB, more is better, I know, but budget is not flexible ;-)
Is 128GB ok if I am going to get about 2 hours of 4K movie?
Will filling the storage with data make the phone slow?

Greetings!

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Neither. 128gb isn't much space. 256 isn't either especially with no expandable storage.
Leaves no room for growth.
Not having a SD card slot is a major liability and wastes your time, battery and makes reloading much slower and difficult.

abramq

Dec 24, 2006
Thanks for the answer and for your time, although it is quite possible that this was a bit of a wasted time as there are no references to the questions of my post. But perhaps my question has not been very precise. Well, my point is that someone who has the phone model mentioned in the topic, wrote how much really free memory is available for data storage (because the system usually takes part of the pool).
The second question concerned the requirements of 4K movies, theoretically it is 70 Mbps, i.e. about 30 GB per hour of movie, which theoretically gives over 3 hours of recording on this phone (depends on the answer of previous question). It's even too much for me, especially since you can rip everything to the cloud at the end of the day. Nevertheless, the opinion of a practitioner would be very valuable to me.
Regards!

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
You'll suck up 128gb before you know it not including 4k recordings. With a relatively light load I'm using at least 60gb* of internal on my N10+. The lowest I would go is 256gb. That's not all that much.
Something with a SD card slot would work better. A V30 rated card can stream 4k vids.

*critical data, media, docs aren't on internal memory; the 60gb initially is just apps, DCIM and download folders. It quickly increases in size from there though.

abramq

Dec 24, 2006
Well... N10+ is not I am asking about...
Please, anybody with S22 kindly to check?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
If anything scoped storage based apps will require more memory than my non scoped storage ones. You will be running mandatory scoped storage. I run Android 9 and 10, no scoped storage. So there's that.

128gb be cutting it tight... you want to have at least 20gb free at all times. Otherwise you'll end up playing stupid games.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the answer and for your time, although it is quite possible that this was a bit of a wasted time as there are no references to the questions of my post. But perhaps my question has not been very precise. Well, my point is that someone who has the phone model mentioned in the topic, wrote how much really free memory is available for data storage (because the system usually takes part of the pool).
    The second question concerned the requirements of 4K movies, theoretically it is 70 Mbps, i.e. about 30 GB per hour of movie, which theoretically gives over 3 hours of recording on this phone (depends on the answer of previous question). It's even too much for me, especially since you can rip everything to the cloud at the end of the day. Nevertheless, the opinion of a practitioner would be very valuable to me.
    Regards!