Question S22 battery life vs 5yo device (HTC U11, new battery).

Search This thread

lolwatpear

Nov 24, 2011
Do you know if one can fix the refresh rate to constant 96 without it checking continuously for activity in the adaptive mode? I.e. _not_ setting min and max refresh rate to 96 but just change the 60 to 96 in the constant mode?

I want to try if thst is actually more efficient than 60-96 adaptive since it doesn't have to constantly check the activity.
Anything between 60 to 120hz cannot be attained. I've tried every adb command/refresh rate app out. Hz lower than 60hz works, ie 1hz, 10hz, etc, but if I set it to 96hz it just stays at 60hz. But feel free to prove me wrong and show me a screen shot of the fps counter enabled had it showing 96hz.

binzianer

Nov 20, 2015
Well actually I can force 96 Hz with the app by setting min fps and max fps to 96, but this is still in adaptive mode so I think it drains more battery than necessary because it probably keeps on checking for activity.

Screenshot_20220322-102640_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacoo

I am hardly getting 10 to 12 hours of battery life with a max of 3hrs of SOT. My phone was heavily draining the battery and getting heated up on normal scrolling or 5 mins of Camera app. Submitted my phone to Samsung Service center, they will factory reset and try and observe the phone for a day. Lets see what they get back with.

I did back up using Samsung Smart Switch from OnePlus 5T to Samsung S22 - 256gb, didnt realise that the app would be an issue. So what is the alternate method to backup then?
Below is the battery usages at different points of time. I doubt you guys are getting similar approx 12hours of max battery usages.

I am really concerned with such battery performances. Please do share your inputs.
I just restored each app individually. Some people have used Smart Switch and then used the "Reset All Settings" function to get normal battery life.

Reactions: kun8l88

kun8l88

Mar 7, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S22
I just restored each app individually. Some people have used Smart Switch and then used the "Reset All Settings" function to get normal battery life.
Can you please share what is the battery life that you are getting on normal days and Screen on Time? I am really concerned with the battery life. Have never gone past 12 or 13 hours with hardly around 3 to 3.5 hours of SOT.

binzianer

Nov 20, 2015
Can you please share what is the battery life that you are getting on normal days and Screen on Time? I am really concerned with the battery life. Have never gone past 12 or 13 hours with hardly around 3 to 3.5 hours of SOT.
Similar here, to push sot you can castrate it to iPhone level (ie fixed 60hz, no always on display), but the standby drain to get overall long times seems harder to keep in check. My guess it's a matter of software, literally overpowered soc and poor antennas / mobile data. At least on my exynos I have noticeably worse reception which would explain my poor battery life.
I ordered a used iPhone 13 to compare.

kun8l88

Mar 7, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S22
Similar here, to push sot you can castrate it to iPhone level (ie fixed 60hz, no always on display), but the standby drain to get overall long times seems harder to keep in check. My guess it's a matter of software, literally overpowered soc and poor antennas / mobile data. At least on my exynos I have noticeably worse reception which would explain my poor battery life.
I ordered a used iPhone 13 to compare.
my current observations have been ..it drains from 100 to 85 in a matter of mins, then stabilises itself till 20% with some sustained usage and then just wipes off the last 20% in a flash.

I also observed this last night when i switched off mobile data to preserve battery at 10%, the battery sustained for next couple hours without any usage.

ivigneshwaran

Jun 11, 2019
mumbai
OnePlus 9 Pro
For me, the battery life on my S22 is good as I charge my phone fully once a day in the morning and use it till I go to bed. After using S22 it was about 25% when I went to bed as my usual timing is 11 pm! this is when I use it more than average but for average use, I have about 35% of battery at night! I use my phone for calls, gaming, social media, and Youtube. Overall the battery life is good!!!

kun8l88

Mar 7, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S22
For me, the battery life on my S22 is good as I charge my phone fully once a day in the morning and use it till I go to bed. After using S22 it was about 25% when I went to bed as my usual timing is 11 pm! this is when I use it more than average but for average use, I have about 35% of battery at night! I use my phone for calls, gaming, social media, and Youtube. Overall the battery life is good!!!
Can you share the screenshot of the battery life and the Screen on Time?

efkosk

Nov 21, 2021
Exynos version? I do not believe.

dachriss_13

Jan 28, 2011
I just bought the QC variant after I returned the Exynoss one. Now I have an SOT between 5-6 hours and in the evening i still have 20-25% battery life.
Everything seems snappier and I`m happy with the purchase.
PS: it is HK version, not US.

efkosk

Nov 21, 2021
I just bought the QC variant after I returned the Exynoss one. Now I have an SOT between 5-6 hours and in the evening i still have 20-25% battery life.
Everything seems snappier and I`m happy with the purchase.
PS: it is HK version, not US.
I definitely ordered the snapdragon version from wondamobile.

Where did you buy ?

xjust

Apr 5, 2014
I have had the S22 for 3 days now. After debloating and turning off nearly everything in the background that I don't need, I think a full day will be no problem. I was worried as the battery seemed small versus the larger phones.

If you don't "fiddle" with your phone and run this right from the box I think you will struggle to last the entire day. There is a lot of crap on the phone running. There are so many hidden settings. So many apps trying to run in the background. Trying to connect/search for other devices.
I am coming from a 3 year old Huawei P30 Pro with Emui 10 and I find this software terrible (even compare to Emui! )

I used ADB AppControl to debloated. Great software. Very easy.

care to share your appcontrol debloat list ? thank you

xjust

Apr 5, 2014
Thank you NisseGurra.
I remember you are also on exynos with the wifi bug.
What is your standby drain with this debloat (with wifi off of course) ?

xjust

Apr 5, 2014
Ok. Not much difference from stock with gps off.
I wouldn't buy samsung anymore if I could send this back :)

Reactions: kun8l88

xjust

Apr 5, 2014
I was looking through your debloat list. Administrative privileges for apps still work with all of the knox stuff disabled ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could you tell which apps you removed and what exact fiddling you did?
    I switched from HTC U11+ to S22+ and I am really disappointed with the battery life.
    I can`t even get through a day, with SOT less than 3 hours.
    Using ADB AppControl I did the following (My phone is running fine now *See edit*)
    (**you can probably delete all of these instead of disable AND some apps with be auto-disabled if they are not used which is nice...)
    *Do this at your own risk* And I won't be adding more this thread. I am very happy with my phone.
    I did it heavily as my phone was new and if I had to do a factory reset I was OK with that).
    *Edit*
    - I had to enable KPECore services. It was affecting Automate from acknowledging I had paid for it.
    **YouTube - I use Vanced Micro G and YouTube Vanced
    **Facebook - Left this battery hog and toxic service long ago.
    **Amazon - Reinstalled from Appstore. Just disabled for no particular reason.
    *Some of the spelling is off as I used an OCR text recognition from screenshots of ADB AppControl instead of typing each one out manually.
    Disabled:
    Amazon Shopping
    Application recommendations
    Authentication Framework
    Autofill with Samsung Pass
    Calendar
    KPECore
    Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications
    Media and devices
    Samsung Checkout
    Samsung Cloud
    Samsung Pass
    Samsung Pay
    Samsung Pay Framework
    SamsunNotes
    SeparatedApps
    SettingsBixby

Deleted:
    Android S Easter Egg
    5amsungOne
    Bixby Voice
    Adapt sound
    Android Auto
    App update
    AR Doodle
    AR Emoji
    AR Emoji Stickers
    AR Zone
    ARCore
    AutoDoodle
    Bixby Routines
    Bixby Vision
    Bookmark Provider
    Call & text on other devices
    Checkup
    Crocro and friends
    Customization Service
    DECO PIC
    DeX for PC
    Dictionary
    Digital Wellbeing
    drenoGraphics Drivers
    Dual Messenger
    FacebooAkpp Manager
    Facebook App Installer
    Facebook Services
    FaceService
    Foundation
    Galaxy Store
    Game Booster
    Game Launcher Google
    GoogIeOne Time Init
    Google Assistant Google Assistant
    Health Platform
    Hiya Service
    HvyModuleTest
    KnoxAnalytics Uploader
    KnoxEnrollment Service
    KnoxPushManager
    KnoxVpnPacProcessor
    Magnifier
    MarkeFeedback Agent
    Nearby device scanning
    Nearby device scanning
    OGooglePartner Setup
    Bixby dictation
    OneDrive
    Recommended apps
    S Launcher
    Samsung DeX
    Samsung DeX home
    Samsung DeX System UI
    Samsung Free
    Samsung Galaxy Friends
    Samsung Internet
    Samsung Kids Installer
    Samsung Visit In
    SEM FactoryApp
    Smac Switch Agent
    SmanThings Framework
    Wearable Manager Installer
    Your Phone Companion
    YouTube
    I have had the S22 for 3 days now. After debloating and turning off nearly everything in the background that I don't need, I think a full day will be no problem. I was worried as the battery seemed small versus the larger phones.

If you don't "fiddle" with your phone and run this right from the box I think you will struggle to last the entire day. There is a lot of crap on the phone running. There are so many hidden settings. So many apps trying to run in the background. Trying to connect/search for other devices.
    I am coming from a 3 year old Huawei P30 Pro with Emui 10 and I find this software terrible (even compare to Emui! )

I used ADB AppControl to debloated. Great software. Very easy.
    There are multiple battery tests on youtube and they are all looking good. Marques Brownlee and some influencers bashed s22 battery right after the launch date and may have scared off few people but they have all retracted their opinions after more and more real life test results started popping up.
    S22 should last all day, most test results have 5-7 SOT depending on the usage. Same tests show that Plus and Ultra have longer battery life but not by a long shot.
    Good info - I am hoping that the 60 hertz refresh rate will improve SOT a lot .

I like the size but I HATE that they did not make it .2 inches thicker and give it 4100 MAH !

Or a PRO version - .3 thicker for another $100-150 with 4500 MAH . People like me who use phone as a laptop and millions of others would love it.

Marketing research shows that the thinness is a big selling point ?¿

You will not meet women if your phone is too thick ?¿

¿ = WTF lol
    i doubt itd be worse, as the exynos 2200 should be much more power efficient than the snapdragon 835 (considering the efficiency of the exynos 2100). all in all it shouldnt be a downgrade, though it may not be too impressive either. maybe wait for it to release and wait for some reviews, then buy it. thats the safe option.