Question S22 Ultra Echo during phone calls

Search This thread

VICosPhi

Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix
I am on T-mobile USA and had no such issues on S21, but people that call me complain that hear their own echo. I do use speakerphone on S22 quite often so not sure if this only happens with/without speakerphone during calls. Also, I get no issues on my end, it is always the people on other side that call me. I am in great coverage area and have WiFi calling off.

Anyone with such issues? Hopefully it is not a hardware issue...

EDIT: After extensive testing and trying in "safe mode" I have concluded that the microphone has hardware defect. When I made some test calls with Speakerphone enabled, I get "hiss, static, crackle, white noise" and garbled audio on the other end.

Last edited:

joancolmenares

Jun 14, 2008
Chicago, USA
Can't say I have had that issue. I'm on Tmobile USA as well and with Wifi Calling and without it I have no had any complains about call quality..

Will try the speaker call and see

Reactions: VICosPhi
D

Deleted member 1755208

I am on T-mobile USA and had no such issues on S21, but people that call me complain that hear their own echo. I do use speakerphone on S22 quite often so not sure if this only happens with/without speakerphone during calls. Also, I get no issues on my end, it is always the people on other side that call me. I am in great coverage area and have WiFi calling off.

Anyone with such issues? Hopefully it is not a hardware issue...
echo is when somebody is listening (tapped) your conversation

VICosPhi

Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix
I've had it happen once or twice before. One thing you can do is run a diagnostic on the microphone and see if that tells you more.
Can't say I have had that issue. I'm on Tmobile USA as well and with Wifi Calling and without it I have no had any complains about call quality..

Thanks guys, after extensive testing and trying in "safe mode" I have concluded that the microphone has hardware defect. When I made some test calls with Speakerphone enabled, I get "hiss, static, crackle, white noise" and garbled audio on the other end.

Sucks that I will have to send it in for a repair as Samsung US does not have option to replace a defective/DOA device even within 14 days of delivery.

I am not surprised at getting a DOA phone though as COVID-19 and supply chain issues is probably affecting QA and manufacturing standards.

Nov 17, 2010
Ottawa
Happening on a Rogers S22 Ultra. I've had it go away when I rebooted the phone previously, but today everyone who called me or who I called had speakerphone echo. One test in safe mode showed that it was gone but it's inconclusive. Samsung has terrible speakerphones for years, how can they not get this basic phone functionality right. I upgrade twice a year for better battery and hoping for better speakerphone.

Hope there's a fix soon.. how do you do a hardware test? I don't have wifi on

dj24

Jun 23, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Thanks guys, after extensive testing and trying in "safe mode" I have concluded that the microphone has hardware defect. When I made some test calls with Speakerphone enabled, I get "hiss, static, crackle, white noise" and garbled audio on the other end.

Sucks that I will have to send it in for a repair as Samsung US does not have option to replace a defective/DOA device even within 14 days of delivery.

I am not surprised at getting a DOA phone though as COVID-19 and supply chain issues is probably affecting QA and manufacturing standards.
Did you get the repairs completed successfully and your phone back?

jskinvest

Jul 10, 2016
A reboot will fix it but the WIFI calling echo returns right after you complete a video call. Does not matter what video calling app you use. Could be Duo, WhatsApp, etc... Try it and you will see. I wish there was a fix for this.

jskinvest

Jul 10, 2016
Problem finally solved. Turn off the Samsung video call effects and reboot. The WIFI echo calling problem will be gone never to return!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've had it happen once or twice before. One thing you can do is run a diagnostic on the microphone and see if that tells you more.