Question S22 Ultra Samsung lock help

Search This thread

Coldfire99

May 1, 2013
Hi, I purchased a Samsung S22U on Facebook a month ago and the phone got locked by Samsung this morning, saying it was "lost in transit or a trade-in device was never received". Samsung doesn't seem to care and won't even look at all the pictures and messenger conversation I have.

I haven't flashed ROMs or rooted a phone in a decade, but I used to be very familiar with it. Will flashing a custom ROM bypass Samsung's lock on the device, or do you know another method to get around this? This has become a very expensive paperweight. Running multiple IMEI checkers, it doesn't seem to be blacklisted.

lemonade747

Jul 9, 2012
Hi, I purchased a Samsung S22U on Facebook a month ago and the phone got locked by Samsung this morning, saying it was "lost in transit or a trade-in device was never received". Samsung doesn't seem to care and won't even look at all the pictures and messenger conversation I have.

I haven't flashed ROMs or rooted a phone in a decade, but I used to be very familiar with it. Will flashing a custom ROM bypass Samsung's lock on the device, or do you know another method to get around this? This has become a very expensive paperweight. Running multiple IMEI checkers, it doesn't seem to be blacklisted.
So exactly how long you bought it until now? As I know, Samsung allows only 15 days from the day when the previous owner received his phone for trade-in program. After 15 days, they will lock it immediately. Here you said a month ago.

Coldfire99

May 1, 2013
So exactly how long you bought it until now? As I know, Samsung allows only 15 days from the day when the previous owner received his phone for trade-in program. After 15 days, they will lock it immediately. Here you said a month ago.
I picked up the phone from the guy on June 24th, but didn't activate it until yesterday or the day before. Thought I wanted an Iphone for macro photos, but bought a digital camera instead.

lemonade747

Jul 9, 2012
I picked up the phone from the guy on June 24th, but didn't activate it until yesterday or the day before. Thought I wanted an Iphone for macro photos, but bought a digital camera instead.
ok, so it's weird because it exactly 1 month from the day you bought it. How much you paid for it?

Coldfire99

May 1, 2013
You need to contact the person you bought it from. Samsung can't do anything to help you since you didn't buy it from them.
The seller doesn't care, it's meant to be a scam. He's just ignoring my messages. I think I found a way to fix it, but it's going to cost me a little. Seems to be reliable though

Coldfire99

May 1, 2013
Good luck with that. It sounds like you're about to fall for another scam.
Nah, it's a legit business. Hundreds of reviews, thousands of followers, dozens of videos dating eight years back. Can't believe I found it, but it's legit. Talked to the guy on the phone. The real question is: Will the fix last during updates.

raju_a

Sep 1, 2008
Nah, it's a legit business. Hundreds of reviews, thousands of followers, dozens of videos dating eight years back. Can't believe I found it, but it's legit. Talked to the guy on the phone. The real question is: Will the fix last during updates.
Lemme know if it works, as i am also on the same boat

Attachments

• hmmm.gif
    hmmm.gif
    2 MB · Views: 37
Reactions: raul6

Coldfire99

May 1, 2013
So... Phone works great for the most part. Two things can't be done: System updates and using smart switch for data transfer. Otherwise, it is fully functional

darrellick

Nov 28, 2013
I also am in that boat, please let me know where you went to have this fixed. I have chimera but the lock doesn’t even allow a reboot into download mode

Tampa2

Dec 6, 2022
Same, how did you manage this? Purchased off of FB marketplace for my wife, ended up with a paperweight.aouls love to know how to get rid of this lock

Top Liked Posts