How To Guide S22 Ultra Snapdragon Firmware Updates - SM-S908E/DS - JULY UPDATE (S908EXXU2AVF9)

Search This thread

Blackfyre

Dec 28, 2009

I recommend to all of you to sideload this oneui home update. Sooo smooth and fast

This only affects the launcher, correct?

I don't use the default Samsung Launcher, I use Nova Launcher which is already very smooth.

But if this impacts other animations on the device, then I am willing to try it. Also once I do update the APK from here, will it continue to auto-update from the device if Samsung releases updates on the Samsung Store? Or do I need to keep updating the APK?

molance

Nov 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I will download the firmware from India and use the CSC ZTO then. Thanks.

EDIT: worked perfectly!
So did it work four you to flash the latest firmware in exception of the HOME_CSC? In my case i´m from Chile and im about to do the same cause my actal firmware is OWO.

Edit: Installed MEXICO firmware (including HOME_CSC) as is OWO too. Worked perfectly!

Last edited:

Matroid

Feb 11, 2009
XME, THL, XSP, MM1, STH, SIN just got AVF9 updated OTA. Camera app still same version at AVEH-AVF1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220704-141331_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20220704-141331_Software update.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 133

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
This latest update is more that a security patch. You can tell by the build number and size

This is a joke right? It's clearly more than just a Security Patch Update. Typical Security Updates are just a bit bigger than 100MB. This is 500+ MB on the Snapdragon model and almost 400MB on the Exynos model.

They included bugfixes and optimizations.

mabmed

irancosta

May 13, 2013
Lisbon
www.facebook.com
Reactions: mabmed

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
I love how Samsung tells you almost nothing about what is being updated. Why even have a change log if you are going to include ambiguous statements about things that could, may, might be updated without saying what they are. Lazy and useless.

Reactions: LuthorKid

VinTaco

Nov 4, 2013
Same update just landed in South Africa. Unusually quickly. The previous one came out in mid to late June.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update August VG6
    Screenshot_20220801-102035_Software update.jpg
    This is first time i am doing manually.
    Do you recommend me any youtube video please for this all complete steps.
    I don't know these all owo oxm odin flash.
    You can choose UAE since it's the country you're living.
    OWO is code for latin america countries, which has very slow updates. OXM is for most regions in Asia, Oceania, Africa, which generally get updates faster. XSG csc code (UAE) is part of OXM.

there are instructions in the page, not too hard. ;)
    I know, But my question is this website is not from officially samsung right..
    Also samfw uploaded all versions for almost all csc then why not in CHO?
    Samfw only uploads what is available. CHO isn't available because Samsung hasn't issued it.

Your options:

1.) Wait.
    2.) Flash as per others instructions.
    Last question i want to ask if we update from odin manually does it means we root our device?
    No root.
    If you choose HOME CSC (inside the zip) you will keep all data also

Samfw is not developed by Samsung, but it only uploads official Samsung firmwares.
    Android 13 beta one ui 5.0 is out. Anybody gets this?
    In this thread, you can discuss and share the Mega links of new firmware (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy S22 Ultra!
    NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk

How to flash the firmware to your phone:

1647336973884.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.14.4
    3. Extract the Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin
    5. Power OFF your S22 Ultra.
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Connect USB-cable to your computer. Hold down "Volume up" and "Volume down" at same time. While holding down, connect the USB-cable to your phone. Or use the command "adb reboot-bootloader".
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes for the device to automatically restart.

** You can always find the LATEST firmware in message #14 (hoping to change to Post 2 )
    Latest firmware for the Galaxy S22 Ultra

This is the latest ROM for Multi-CSC OXM and can be used for ALL CSC's mentioned in Multi-CSC OXM!
    This is an official Samsung ROM so KNOX will not be triggered!

VersionAndroid 12
    Changelist24339823
    Build DateFri, 03 Jun 2022 11:46:34 +0000
    Security Patch Level2022-06-01
    Product codeXSG
    PDAS908EXXU2AVF1
    CSC
    S908EOLE2AVF1
    Details for download with Frija:

Unzip the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.14.4

HOME_CSC_OXM -> data will stay intact
    CSC_OXM -> device will reset to factory settings
    S908EXXU1AVC9 for INS, NPL, BKD, XME is online. (OXM multi-csc devices could use it as I understand.)

* All OXM CSCs received it.
    New Update is out for XSG.
    Someone got the new april update? AVDA?