How To Guide S22 Ultra Snapdragon Firmware Updates - SM-S908E/DS - JULY UPDATE (S908EXXU2AVF9)

Search This thread

Blackfyre

Dec 28, 2009

I recommend to all of you to sideload this oneui home update. Sooo smooth and fast

This only affects the launcher, correct?

I don't use the default Samsung Launcher, I use Nova Launcher which is already very smooth.

But if this impacts other animations on the device, then I am willing to try it. Also once I do update the APK from here, will it continue to auto-update from the device if Samsung releases updates on the Samsung Store? Or do I need to keep updating the APK?

molance

Nov 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I will download the firmware from India and use the CSC ZTO then. Thanks.

EDIT: worked perfectly!
So did it work four you to flash the latest firmware in exception of the HOME_CSC? In my case i´m from Chile and im about to do the same cause my actal firmware is OWO.

Edit: Installed MEXICO firmware (including HOME_CSC) as is OWO too. Worked perfectly!

Last edited:

Matroid

Feb 11, 2009
XME, THL, XSP, MM1, STH, SIN just got AVF9 updated OTA. Camera app still same version at AVEH-AVF1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220704-141331_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20220704-141331_Software update.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 135

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
This latest update is more that a security patch. You can tell by the build number and size

This is a joke right? It's clearly more than just a Security Patch Update. Typical Security Updates are just a bit bigger than 100MB. This is 500+ MB on the Snapdragon model and almost 400MB on the Exynos model.

They included bugfixes and optimizations.

mabmed

irancosta

May 13, 2013
Lisbon
www.facebook.com
Reactions: mabmed

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
I love how Samsung tells you almost nothing about what is being updated. Why even have a change log if you are going to include ambiguous statements about things that could, may, might be updated without saying what they are. Lazy and useless.

Reactions: LuthorKid

VinTaco

Nov 4, 2013
Same update just landed in South Africa. Unusually quickly. The previous one came out in mid to late June.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another update today
    Screenshot_20220913-115941_Software update.jpg
    Live in South Africa
    Screenshot_20220903-095357_Software update.jpg
    Unfortunately still 4.1
    In this thread, you can discuss and share the Mega links of new firmware (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy S22 Ultra!
    NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk

How to flash the firmware to your phone:

1647336973884.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.14.4
    3. Extract the Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin
    5. Power OFF your S22 Ultra.
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Connect USB-cable to your computer. Hold down "Volume up" and "Volume down" at same time. While holding down, connect the USB-cable to your phone. Or use the command "adb reboot-bootloader".
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes for the device to automatically restart.

** You can always find the LATEST firmware in message #14 (hoping to change to Post 2 )
    Latest firmware for the Galaxy S22 Ultra

This is the latest ROM for Multi-CSC OXM and can be used for ALL CSC's mentioned in Multi-CSC OXM!
    This is an official Samsung ROM so KNOX will not be triggered!

VersionAndroid 12
    Changelist24339823
    Build DateFri, 03 Jun 2022 11:46:34 +0000
    Security Patch Level2022-06-01
    Product codeXSG
    PDAS908EXXU2AVF1
    CSC
    S908EOLE2AVF1
    Details for download with Frija:

Unzip the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.14.4

HOME_CSC_OXM -> data will stay intact
    CSC_OXM -> device will reset to factory settings
    S908EXXU1AVC9 for INS, NPL, BKD, XME is online. (OXM multi-csc devices could use it as I understand.)

* All OXM CSCs received it.
    Someone got the new april update? AVDA?
    New Update is out for XSG.