How To Guide S22 Ultra Snapdragon Firmware Updates - SM-S908E/DS - JULY UPDATE (S908EXXU2AVF9)

Search This thread

Aussiegeek420

Jan 20, 2020
Hello I have a SM-S908E and would like to know can I upgrade to the android 13 with the UK BTB firmware version?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221025_100024.jpg
    Screenshot_20221025_100024.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 78

nosferatu123

Jan 26, 2021
i dont understand, if the india rom is for the same model i have the s908e witth OXM so i can flash it via odin and still have regular ota when out
so why not all the country got at the same time the ota? its the same no? if i flash this firm it exact as i will get in my own country so why not all got at the same time? can someone unswer my stupid question lolll

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
i dont understand, if the india rom is for the same model i have the s908e witth OXM so i can flash it via odin and still have regular ota when out
so why not all the country got at the same time the ota? its the same no? if i flash this firm it exact as i will get in my own country so why not all got at the same time? can someone unswer my stupid question lolll
You are totally correct. The roms are quite the same. My guess is they wait a bit to see if some things go wrong in India. When they see it's fine we will all get that rom.
Or just "Odin" it 🤣.

Reactions: nosferatu123

ningsp

Sep 7, 2021
I think Samsung should use one CSC just like European that use EUX to update at the same time for many countries.

Evil_Smiley_za

Aug 5, 2015
Waterfall
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
You can update with the INS firmware after download just do not flash CSC. Instead flash the HOME_CSC and it will only upgrade..... Flashing the normal CSC with odin will wipe your device clean...

nosferatu123

Jan 26, 2021
You can update with the INS firmware after download just do not flash CSC. Instead flash the HOME_CSC and it will only upgrade..... Flashing the normal CSC with odin will wipe your device clean...
dirty update the new INS firm wont make problems? its not better to fully update using the CSC?
or it will be ok just to flash with the home csc?
cause if they didnt release it to other region so maybe thers still bugs?

Evil_Smiley_za

Aug 5, 2015
Waterfall
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
dirty update the new INS firm wont make problems? its not better to fully update using the CSC?
or it will be ok just to flash with the home csc?
cause if they didnt release it to other region so maybe thers still bugs?
Its is not a dirty update. If you do the OTA update it will basically be the same thing even if it is your CSC. Ultimately the choice is yours.

I am on XFA_OXM and are waiting. If I do not get the update by Friday I will flash the INS with HOME_CSC as I have already downloaded it. Upgrading your device this way will prevent the INS bloatware from seeping into your firmware or device. It will also not change the CSC on your device. In my case it will stay in XFA.....

Last edited:

Evil_Smiley_za

Aug 5, 2015
Waterfall
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Yes you will as your update will stay official...
Lets just be clear... If you say OTA update... You will not get the OneUI5 A13 one that was meant for your region as you would have already updated to the official version. But yes you will receive OTA and updates after that..... Hope you understand my meaning....

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
Even after all the hype of A13 they couldn't even fix the glitch in theme when selecting media you cannot see the tick mark... seriously!

DangerousB

Jul 30, 2011
Im now on xsg csc s908E/DS is it simple just to flash the INS csc home? Without that my phone will be wiped? And can i go back to XSG after updating to A13?

Im now on xsg csc s908E/DS is it simple just to flash the INS csc home? Without that my phone will be wiped? And can i go back to XSG after updating to A13?
Just flash home csc and your phone will stay xsg and won't wipe. Yes u can then change back to xsg once it is out. Bear in mind it is always a good thing to wipe with a major software update imo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this thread, you can discuss and share the Mega links of new firmware (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy S22 Ultra!
    NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk

How to flash the firmware to your phone:

1647336973884.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.14.4
    3. Extract the Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin
    5. Power OFF your S22 Ultra.
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Connect USB-cable to your computer. Hold down "Volume up" and "Volume down" at same time. While holding down, connect the USB-cable to your phone. Or use the command "adb reboot-bootloader".
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes for the device to automatically restart.

** You can always find the LATEST firmware in message #14 (hoping to change to Post 2 )
    Latest firmware for the Galaxy S22 Ultra

This is the latest ROM for Multi-CSC OXM and can be used for ALL CSC's mentioned in Multi-CSC OXM!
    This is an official Samsung ROM so KNOX will not be triggered!

VersionAndroid 12
    Changelist24339823
    Build DateFri, 03 Jun 2022 11:46:34 +0000
    Security Patch Level2022-06-01
    Product codeXSG
    PDAS908EXXU2AVF1
    CSC
    S908EOLE2AVF1
    Details for download with Frija:

Unzip the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.14.4

HOME_CSC_OXM -> data will stay intact
    CSC_OXM -> device will reset to factory settings
    S908EXXU1AVC9 for INS, NPL, BKD, XME is online. (OXM multi-csc devices could use it as I understand.)

* All OXM CSCs received it.
    New Update is out for XSG.
    Someone got the new april update? AVDA?