Question S22 Ultra (US Version) slow WiFi speeds

Search This thread

bounddyy

Oct 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
Hello All,

As the title says. Anyone experiencing slow WiFi download speeds? I get 50~100Mbps down and 800+Mbps up. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max next to me and it's getting 500+ on UP and DOWN speeds. All things point to a Samsung issue, the rest of the WiFi devices are doing much better on 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

I've test various settings on the router itself. Different channels, Channel bandwidth (40,80,160) , and the issue still persists.

My router is an ASUS RT-AX82U and it's about ~10 ft from phone.

Any feedback would help. Seems like Samsung is struggling with WiFi 6 issues. My Tab S7+ can't even connect to the new WiFi 6.

Hello All,

As the title says. Anyone experiencing slow WiFi download speeds? I get 50~100Mbps down and 800+Mbps up. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max next to me and it's getting 500+ on UP and DOWN speeds. All things point to a Samsung issue, the rest of the WiFi devices are doing much better on 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

I've test various settings on the router itself. Different channels, Channel bandwidth (40,80,160) , and the issue still persists.

Any feedback would help. Seems like Samsung is struggling with WiFi 6 issues. My Tab S7+ can't even connect to the new WiFi 6.
Updated my router a couple weeks ago to TP-Link WiFi 6e, I only use WiFi 6 cause only a couple devices support the 6 ghz band. But I'm getting between 800-890 mbps down consistently. On a U1 S22 Ultra. It's about the same on the 6ghz band as well.

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
Hello All,

My S22u connects to a Nighthawk AX5700 wifi6 router (Costco model) at 1.2 - 2.4 Gbps depending on how close I am to my router. I get 500up/500down pretty much everywhere in my house (this equates to my Fios internet speed) utilizing 160Mhz channel width. This is with no changes to my S22u wifi setup out of the box.

Also of interest is the type of phone case, if any, you are using.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220609-215009_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220609-215009_Gallery.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

bounddyy

Oct 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
What internet speed are you paying for?
Paying for 1 gig UP and DOWN. Ethernet PC I get ~900 UP/DOWN. Wifi on an iPhone 12 Pro Max I get ~500+ UP/DOWN. Other laptops I get similar numbers as the iPhone.

At first I thought it was the router but I did replace the ASUS with a Linksys Wifi 6E and same issue with phone. Also distance and number of devices connected doesn't matter I've tried just 1 phone 1 router and literally standing next to it same issue.

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
bounddyy & gernerttl can you both:

1. Post a screen shot of your connection speed next to your router like pic below.
2. Confirm you are on the latest version of ur routers firmware.

Attachments

83.7 KB · Views: 61
bounddyy & gernerttl can you both:

1. Post a screen shot of your connection speed next to your router like pic below.
2. Confirm you are on the latest version of ur routers firmware.
My current connection. I'm less than 4 ft. from my router.

I have a Google Nest WiFi with three mesh APs. Google automatically updates, so mine has the latest firmware.

The Google Nest WiFi is not WiFi 6e.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220615-072921_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220615-072921_Settings.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 50

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
My current connection. I'm less than 4 ft. from my router.

I have a Google Nest WiFi with three mesh APs. Google automatically updates, so mine has the latest firmware.

The Google Nest WiFi is not WiFi 6e.
Ok good info. Is your backhaul from the mesh APs to your router via wired or wireless connection?

Not sure if you have installed any wifi debug/info apps? I use Net Analyzer and it would be great to see a screen shot of your 5G spectrum in graph form like below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220615-125310_Network Analyzer.jpg
    Screenshot_20220615-125310_Network Analyzer.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 57

ryanp0617

Jun 13, 2010
I have a Verizon FiOS symmetrical Gigabit link. My PC gets 900+ on both uploads and downloads over ethernet, and around 500 by 500 on wifi. My S22 Ultra Qualcomm version seems to max out at 360 to 400 down and 60 to 150 up. I have a Ubiquity Dream machine pro with their wifi 6 LR Access point (in a one-bedroom apartment, around 8 feet from the Wireless AP).

The speed test were run within a minute of each other, using the same remote server.

I wanted to remove wifi as a variable, so I tested a USB C to ethernet adapter, yet download speeds are still limited to 300, and upload jumped to 700 Mbps.

Does the S22 Ultra have some bandwidth restrictions or other issues?

I have screenshots if that helps.

Curious if anyone else has tested their S22 Ulta network speed using a USB to ethernet adapter.

Thank you,
Ryan

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
I have Fios 500 up/down and I get 545 up and 500 down on my S22u. Check your wifi connection speed on your phone to ensure its connected to your router at a speed that is greater or equal to your internet speed.

Just got 381/23.3 Mbps down/up (WiFi); and my Tab S7 is getting 355/22.3 Mbps down/up (WiFi). Both were about three feet away from the router.

As a comparison, my Dell desktop is getting 476/22.4 Mbps down/up (wired).

I consistently at or near the bandwidth I am paying for. I have Google Nest WiFi with three mesh points. I am paying for 400/20 Mbps down/up.

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
Just got 381/23.3 Mbps down/up (WiFi); and my Tab S7 is getting 355/22.3 Mbps down/up (WiFi). Both were about three feet away from the router.

As a comparison, my Dell desktop is getting 476/22.4 Mbps down/up (wired).

I consistently at or near the bandwidth I am paying for. I have Google Nest WiFi with three mesh points. I am paying for 400/20 Mbps down/up.
So again, check your wifi connection speed on your phone to ensure its connected to your router at a speed that is greater or equal to your internet speed. Settings->Connections->Wifi->Your SSID->gear.

This will show you the connection speed between your phone and the router. If this is less than your internet speed then you will never get what you paid for. Most wifi speed issues are within the home wifi network, not the phone.

Btw, my phone connects to my home wifi6 network between 1.2 -2.4Gbps so achieving the full 500 up/down speed I'm paying for to the internet is not an issue.

Attachments

83.7 KB · Views: 24
So again, check your wifi connection speed on your phone to ensure its connected to your router at a speed that is greater or equal to your internet speed. Settings->Connections->Wifi->Your SSID->gear.

This will show you the connection speed between your phone and the router. If this is less than your internet speed then you will never get what you paid for. Most wifi speed issues are within the home wifi network, not the phone.

Btw, my phone connects to my home wifi6 network between 1.2 -2.4Gbps so achieving the full 500 up/down speed I'm paying for to the internet is not an issue.
866 Mbps connection to my router, Google WiFi Nest is not WiFi 6. Even if it was WiFi 6, I won't get faster than what my ISP provides, which is 400/20 Mbps.

P. S. I have the Verizon S22 Ultra.

Reactions: Rubby1025

peacey8

I have a Verizon FiOS symmetrical Gigabit link. My PC gets 900+ on both uploads and downloads over ethernet, and around 500 by 500 on wifi. My S22 Ultra Qualcomm version seems to max out at 360 to 400 down and 60 to 150 up. I have a Ubiquity Dream machine pro with their wifi 6 LR Access point (in a one-bedroom apartment, around 8 feet from the Wireless AP).

The speed test were run within a minute of each other, using the same remote server.

I wanted to remove wifi as a variable, so I tested a USB C to ethernet adapter, yet download speeds are still limited to 300, and upload jumped to 700 Mbps.

Curious if anyone else has tested their S22 Ulta network speed using a USB to ethernet adapter.

Thank you,
Ryan
I also have a UDMP router and Unifi U6 AP. On speedtests (not WiFi link speed), My S22U Snapdragon can reach 1.9 Gbps on 160MHz channel width and 900 Mbps on 80MHz channel width. Download/upload speeds are the same for me.

There are no bandwidth restrictions. The problem is your Wi-Fi setup. Make sure you're using 80MHz channel width and a relatively clean Wi-Fi channel (check with WiFi Analyzer app to find cleanest channel). Also make sure to test in the same room as AP with a clear line of sight to see maximum throughput.

Reactions: Rubby1025

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

866 Mbps connection to my router, Google WiFi Nest is not WiFi 6. Even if it was WiFi 6, I won't get faster than what my ISP provides, which is 400/20 Mbps.

P. S. I have the Verizon S22 Ultra.

Thank you,
    Ryan
    I also have a UDMP router and Unifi U6 AP. On speedtests (not WiFi link speed), My S22U Snapdragon can reach 1.9 Gbps on 160MHz channel width and 900 Mbps on 80MHz channel width. Download/upload speeds are the same for me.

There are no bandwidth restrictions. The problem is your Wi-Fi setup. Make sure you're using 80MHz channel width and a relatively clean Wi-Fi channel (check with WiFi Analyzer app to find cleanest channel). Also make sure to test in the same room as AP with a clear line of sight to see maximum throughput.