Question S22 Ultra Very Laggy and slow

Search This thread

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Given that Android 12 (MIUI 13) on Mi 12 Pro runs smoothly, it's obviously a Samsung problem
It may well be as Samsung's Android flavor is heavily customized out of the box. I wouldn't want a Samsung that looked and acted like a Pixel.

Android 12 is no darling though and problems aren't isolated to just Samsung by a long shot. The Google hype of a new OS every year is wasteful and pure Nike like marketing hype. It's the end users and developers who get boned by this endless cycle of premature change.

Reactions: thegios

Darbar1701

Nov 25, 2016
Here's hoping we exynos will get a big update this week and make things smoothler, it's defo getting better with every update so looking forward to another one soon, let's stay positive 😎😎😎

Darbar1701

Nov 25, 2016
I had to send mine back cos the speaker was faulty and they replaced it. So the phone was factory reset and now it's running like a dream, only thing it stutters is when I unlock it when I'm out in the sun and the screen is at its brightest

Reactions: PTMB

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Received a new FW build "AVE4" (Snapdragon) yesterday. For the first time, I'm finding the S22 Ultra "very smooth" across the UI.

Attachments

• VE4.jpg
    VE4.jpg
    640.8 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: Blackfyre

AmazDev

Sep 23, 2018
Taranto
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Received a new FW build "AVE4" (Snapdragon) yesterday. For the first time, I'm finding the S22 Ultra "very smooth" across the UI.
I find my Snapdragon variant very smooth and fast. Yeah sometimes there are some micro lags here and there but I think the problem is the SystemUI considering that those lags only appear on the "swipe to home" animation and inside the notification panel when there are a lot of notifications available. Other than that, it's all perfect, including battery life, surely a lot better than my experience with the exynos variant.

This isn't much of a mystery. Take out the trash social apps and if Google play Services doesn't fall in line tone it down too.
View attachment 5617335
yes I know for Snapchat and Instagram but I actualy need these applications. And its not normally a phone how cost more than 1200€ can't be use more than 3 complete hour, however what app you use. Samsung do very bad jobs with the firmware of this phone. I'm starting to lose all hope about Samsung fix all the issue

Reactions: bal12452

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
yes I know for Snapchat and Instagram but I actualy need these applications. And its not normally a phone how cost more than 1200€ can't be use more than 3 complete hour, however what app you use. Samsung do very bad jobs with the firmware of this phone. I'm starting to lose all hope about Samsung fix all the issue
Those apps are the problem. I don't allow any social media apps on my devices as they are glaring security risks on multiple ways. If you can use by browser login, do so and get them off the phone!

Try turning off all global power management, the Google based Standby Apps never worked right, at least on Samsung's.
Deal with power hogs on a case by case basis.
How to check: Developer options>standby apps, all buckets should show as active and their bucket state can not be alter. If so global power management is inactive. Good.
Screenshot_20220518-101708_Settings.jpg

If active change these settings in Device Care
Screenshot_20220518-101821_Device care.jpg

Now you have a level playing field to troubleshoot the issues properly rather than the lame dumb bunny shotgun approach. Try closing the apps out after use. Some will not and run at startup like parasites. If so on each app in settings try disabling background usage.
This will not effect global power management settings.

You can try temporarily disabling Google play Services* which is a menace. If you only need once or twice a day to run its dependencies, this is a good choice. At night it can be disabled too. Bad 3rd party apps, Gmail, Playstore and Google backup Transport are known dependencies of Google play Services. I rarely need it so it's easier for me to keep it disabled.

I use Package Disabler on my N10+'s but not sure it works on your model... that's an important tool I use to tone down my Samsung's. ADB edits can also be used but can't be toggled on/off on the fly. Dependencies... be careful and know what you are disabling.

* if the Google play Services disable is greyed out, go to Security settings>Device Administrators and disable Find my Device. Another dependency, it will stay disabled until rebooted.

Venom0642

Recognized Contributor
There's something horribly wrong when you need to be an expert and tweak the crap out of the phone to make it function like it should, and even then it would underperform... Disabling stock services etc? come on man
Agree for a phone over 1,200 dollars should run with fast performance right out of the box , of course right after all your apps and data backup is back on.
Luckily I'm with Snapdragon AT&T S22 Ultra 5G and right out of the box this thing is a super beast, Sorry to hear Exynos performance is really bad hope for those on Exynos get some type of fix.

Reactions: TheAd0

TheAd0

Oct 5, 2017
Agree for a phone over 1,200 dollars should run with fast performance right out of the box , of course right after all your apps and data backup is back on.
Luckily I'm with Snapdragon AT&T S22 Ultra 5G and right out of the box this thing is a super beast, Sorry to hear Exynos performance is really bad hope for those on Exynos get some type of fix.

I am thinking of buying a SD from Wondamobile but if the unit is a lemon, I am going to go through hell probably.
Really want to like the new S22 Ultra but it seems like a safer bet with the S21U or another brand.
Was TSMC gonna take over chip production? I read the Samsung yield was crap. So silicon lottery is a lot more dicey on this generation of chips.

Reactions: Venom0642

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
There's something horribly wrong when you need to be an expert and tweak the crap out of the phone to make it function like it should, and even then it would underperform... Disabling stock services etc? come on man
Welcome to the planet, Joe.
Apples work well, if you don't mind the limitations. Samsung's are a snap to set up once you learn how... 🤣

Reactions: hand-filer

readymarc

Dec 30, 2016
Totally agree. But i believe its the app developers.

Something just isn't right. Some apps work flawlessly and consume minimum battery and others just get out of control every time they add new features.

If you go into google play store and check for updates. You are guaranteed to find apps that are updated almost everyday.

Reactions: TheAd0

Top Liked Posts

Hmmmm, the phone seems a lot smoother and cooler after the July update(Exynos). Anyone else noticing this? Seems a big improvement to me.
    can confirm, after JULY (AVF5/AVF9) update it seems that some polishing on UI was made.
    need to check the data connectivity/call issues and see if any improvements was made.
    General scrolling for eg on Twitter seems much better too.
    I'm not finding twitter scrolling any better with AVF9 , it's hell laggy as before.
    Please help with my new s22 ultra (snapdragon 8 gen 1) I have huge frame drops in games (emulators) and also very low benchmark results. I tried everything like disabling game service, factory reset and setting maximum performance in battery settings ... but without any difference 

Tbt, there's nothing viably possible you can do to alleviate that phone from its current performance butchery by yours truly, (samsung). You can only endure at this point, knowing at the back of your mind we got played big time by Samsung, by a way of 'wooing' the Note line fans that longed and anticipated the comeback of the Note to spend thousands of dollars buying a 'throttling' brick in an accessory isolated box.

You could get another phone OR possibly, wait for next year's iteration of S22 Ultra which I hope houses the Snapdragon produced and configured by TSMC.
    Tbt, there's nothing viably possible you can do to alleviate that phone from its current performance butchery by yours truly, (samsung). You can only endure at this point, knowing at the back of your mind we got played big time by Samsung, by a way of 'wooing' the Note line fans that longed and anticipated the comeback of the Note to spend thousands of dollars buying a 'throttling' brick in an accessory isolated box.

You could get another phone OR possibly, wait for next year's iteration of S22 Ultra which I hope houses the Snapdragon produced and configured by TSMC.
    Good point, Samsung initiated the model in a deceptive fashion. It's nowhere near comparable to an "S Series" device. It's flatout a Note 22 Ultra. They only used that naming convention to suck in "S Series" owners. Samsung is losing on multiple fronts, credibility, chipsets and software. Other than that it's a fantastic device!
    Let's see what this brings, camera version before upgrade 12.0.01.76
    It's still the same for me 12.0.01 76
    Hmmmm, the phone seems a lot smoother and cooler after the July update(Exynos). Anyone else noticing this? Seems a big improvement to me.
    can confirm, after JULY (AVF5/AVF9) update it seems that some polishing on UI was made.
    need to check the data connectivity/call issues and see if any improvements was made.
    I think we are forgetting the basics of threads like this one:
    Which exact model are you using?
    Software version, build number, etc..

That kinda helps other users see if they have similar issues on the same device or if it's limited to specific regions..
    Everyone has to start at post #1.
    I've had my s22 ultra /DBT since this morning and I've had no lags, no app crashes no nothing. Good times :)
    I got my new S22 Ultra this monday and I have been having quite a lot of problems with it.
    The battery life is terrible, only around 2-3 hours of lite use. Snapchat is near unusable because it is terribly slow and laggy to use and the viewport in the app has a delay of 2-3 sec.

No software updates has come out, and no app update has fixed it.

Any suggestions of how to fix this?
    It's a new phone that hasn't officially been released yet. It's running android 12 which has had numerous issues that are still being addressed. There are bound to be issues and people are looking for help and being accused of being trolls.
    I joined this forum to hopefully learn some things. Wasn't expecting romper room.
    Who are the real trolls here?