Question S22 Ultra Very Laggy and slow

Search This thread

andreasarxon

Mar 5, 2011
I run some browser benchmarks my s22 ultra exynos vs my tab s7 plus sd865+ and the tab destroy the s22 ultra by far.. It is snappier over all in all apps and in the ui.. (the tab) even my note 10 plus exynos is faster in many occasions, probably better optimized.. S22 ultra is a flagship hardware with lowend optimized software..

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I run some browser benchmarks my s22 ultra exynos vs my tab s7 plus sd865+ and the tab destroy the s22 ultra by far.. It is snappier over all in all apps and in the ui.. (the tab) even my note 10 plus exynos is faster in many occasions, probably better optimized.. S22 ultra is a flagship hardware with lowend optimized software..
The S22U's ram management is apparently a mess when it gets loaded up. Samsung should have addressed this before it was released. A N10+ shouldn't be able to rip it to shreds with both having equally loaded rams... bad Sammy.

Main stream fake reviews haven't touched this issue, but users have witnessed it. Remember all those glowing Fold reviews? They are falling apart at the seams now. See a pattern?

Venom0642

Recognized Contributor
I hear that , Exynos is just garbage, now Snapdragon is where is at.

_GRIZZLY_

Jul 2, 2013
Yes, i can confirm too. I have fold 2 withh snap 865+ and S22U with exynos. Unfortunetly or not Fold 2 running just snappier for example double touch for wake screen or off and end on the overall smooth with fold 2.

Darbar1701

Nov 25, 2016
Big update

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220603-060114_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20220603-060114_Software update.jpg
    658.9 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: alixra

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Only for snap, Exynos it's forgot as usual..
The S22U in this vid is the SM-S908UZKAXAA with 8gb of ram with the Snapdragon processor.
Avoid it. 8gb vs the N10+'s 12gb of ram may be why the N10+ chewed it to shreds, it didn't help that's for sure.
Even so with a low ram load it was only marginally faster loading apps. Avoid this variant!

Why would Samsung release a flagship with less than 12gb of ram and 128gb of internal storage with no expandable storage?

Even finding the full specs was difficult, like dealing with a shifty used car salesman. Samsung does this crap intentionally, they've been doing it for at least 8 years. Even carriers sometimes release the wrong specs because of Samsung's spec ambiguity.
You have watch Samsung like a hawk. One of the reasons I blew off the N20U in favor of a new N10+ was issues with specs and vendors playing the Samsung shuffle with them... as usual.
Caveat emptor, applies to used car salesmen and Samsung.

Reactions: robi101012981
I Think, You should go to the Samsung store near you!
I had the same issue as him, went to the store ,,factory reset will solve your problem", so I was refused :) Never ever I'll purchase a Samsung again, they're terrible, the only good things are the camera and 3 years of Android OS Updates, otherwise, they have trash devices with poor quality control.

Griffin7296

Mar 22, 2022
I had the same issue as him, went to the store ,,factory reset will solve your problem", so I was refused :) Never ever I'll purchase a Samsung again, they're terrible, the only good things are the camera and 3 years of Android OS Updates, otherwise, they have trash devices with poor quality control.
Factory resets are legit ways that could improve performance. You don't say if you ahd the EXY or SD model.

Griffin7296

Mar 22, 2022
The S22U in this vid is the SM-S908UZKAXAA with 8gb of ram with the Snapdragon processor.
Avoid it. 8gb vs the N10+'s 12gb of ram may be why the N10+ chewed it to shreds, it didn't help that's for sure.
Even so with a low ram load it was only marginally faster loading apps. Avoid this variant!

Why would Samsung release a flagship with less than 12gb of ram and 128gb of internal storage with no expandable storage?

Even finding the full specs was difficult, like dealing with a shifty used car salesman. Samsung does this crap intentionally, they've been doing it for at least 8 years. Even carriers sometimes release the wrong specs because of Samsung's spec ambiguity.
You have watch Samsung like a hawk. One of the reasons I blew off the N20U in favor of a new N10+ was issues with specs and vendors playing the Samsung shuffle with them... as usual.
Caveat emptor, applies to used car salesmen and Samsung.
Maybe you shoudl change from "blackhawk" to "sammyhawk" 😏

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Yes a factory reset could be beneficial if you have had your phone for 2+ years, but just telling the customer to factory reset 2 minutes after they got the phone is just lazy
Exactly. That's being lazy and wasting your time.
If a support rep does that to me I shred them with pleasure...

Factory reset is the last resort, not first choice for most issues. Exceptions; a firmware upgrade, boot looping, corrupted user partition, malware that can't remove or if all other attempts failed. If you don't find the root cause it is likely to reoccur!

This heavily used N10+'s current load is 2 yo, still fast and stable. A stock Android OS load can be exceptionally long lived with minimal maintenance. I had issues where some would have choked and reset. I tracked them down and learned instead. Been using SD Maid and Device Care with 360°(internet blocked) for basic maintenance. That and correcting issues that occasionally arise (almost always from an new app or app update). I never update the firmware.

Reactions: TheAd0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys I had the lag too ocassionally on S22U (Exynos) and today I flashed the beta. I keep my fingers crossed but IT IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PHONE.

I have played with it, checked settings, writing posts, making photos and videos, used social media, watched videos on Netfilx & Disney+ for the last 6 hours and I did not have a single stutter or lag. Dunno what they did but the OneUI 5 beta is a thousands times better than the stable for me... Of course this is just for today but i do hope things will be the same tomorrow
    I'm on the second day now with the beta and having the same great experience. Used for several hours Waze, social media, and making phone calls, phone is smooth as butter everywhere (except that Reddit thread ofc)
    I sideloaded via ADB as well and I gotta say the experience is indeed smoother. Also I used the Galaxy app booster from Good Guardians, just in case. So yes, for me, there's definitely less stuttering in the animations. Previously, on Android 12, the swipe down animation would lag. Hard. I don't experience that anymore on this beta.
    No lags at all on my S22 Ultra 5G Snapdragon 512GB, but Exynos yes definitely has big lag issues.
    No lags on beta anymore 😀
    What kind of SOT are you getting now?
    Sammy make some improvements there?
    Reddit is always a mess🤣
    I too went ahead and flashed the beta, I normally regret doing so because it ends up being a mess, but the heating up has gone away (mostly), camera is snappier imo, and my battery life is way better. Played some Octopath CotC for about 4 hours last night, I think I maybe hit 39% from around the 60-70 I was at.
    I think we are forgetting the basics of threads like this one:
    Which exact model are you using?
    Software version, build number, etc..

That kinda helps other users see if they have similar issues on the same device or if it's limited to specific regions..
    Everyone has to start at post #1.
    I've had my s22 ultra /DBT since this morning and I've had no lags, no app crashes no nothing. Good times :)
    I got my new S22 Ultra this monday and I have been having quite a lot of problems with it.
    The battery life is terrible, only around 2-3 hours of lite use. Snapchat is near unusable because it is terribly slow and laggy to use and the viewport in the app has a delay of 2-3 sec.

No software updates has come out, and no app update has fixed it.

Any suggestions of how to fix this?
    It's a new phone that hasn't officially been released yet. It's running android 12 which has had numerous issues that are still being addressed. There are bound to be issues and people are looking for help and being accused of being trolls.
    I joined this forum to hopefully learn some things. Wasn't expecting romper room.
    Who are the real trolls here?