Question S22 Ultra Very Laggy and slow

Search This thread

lucasbda1

Sep 25, 2012
Itajubá - MG
Easiest way to optimize and troubleshoot a Samsung is using Package Disabler. Not on Playstore or free. I would post the website link but some ratfink (shame on you) here keeps reporting me for doing so. Likely a Developer for a rival app that fails after Samsung revokes their Knox licensing🤣
This app doesn't have that problem. PM if you want the link.

GOS was never a problem on my N10+'s but it didn't seem to do anything useful that I used either. I normally disable it with PD. Samsung may have inadvertently or deliberately expanded its functions beyond when gaming. Don't know.

No big deal. All Samsung's need to be optimized for best performance... get use to it.
This is how it appears on the N10+ Android 9. It's been around for over a decade.
View attachment 5552709
Hello! Would you mind sending me the link to disable GOS on s22 ultra? Thanks

Reactions: blackhawk

justkta

Nov 3, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I don't know why everyone it's so happy for messages like this ... that "next year/generation will be better" and we will have snapdragon cpu and etc... because we use the phone's now ... and o payd a lots of € for the actual product witch it's a s22 ultra with exinos and sometimes it's extremely lagging... but the worst thing is that after a lot of time it's still not fixed ... eventually even worse (like in my case ) ... from last update I have a really poor battery extremely hy temperature and also sometimes camera app it's crashing and a lot more....
I was having the same hopes from s7 edge ... from witch I updated to my s22 ultra... but I have the exact same problems... so ... what should I do ? ...

I don't know why everyone it's so happy for messages like this ... that "next year/generation will be better" and we will have snapdragon cpu and etc... because we use the phone's now ... and o payd a lots of € for the actual product witch it's a s22 ultra with exinos and sometimes it's extremely lagging... but the worst thing is that after a lot of time it's still not fixed ... eventually even worse (like in my case ) ... from last update I have a really poor battery extremely hy temperature and also sometimes camera app it's crashing and a lot more....
I was having the same hopes from s7 edge ... from witch I updated to my s22 ultra... but I have the exact same problems... so ... what should I do ? ...
Exactly, starting with the July update, and now August, I can barely get more than 4h SOT which it's not ok...Samsung it's laughing on us and this is really bad. I would pick another phone, but alternatives have a lot of downsides...Lack of DEX, 10X telephoto, proper software support, so we're forced to purchase this trash S22 Ultra..

justkta

Nov 3, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Yes , but I think that in samsung opinion we should by the next phone 😅 because I see a trend here ... they want us to upgrade each year our phone ... it's like if they can't give us a good reason to upgrade at least they give us a reason to not keep our current phones by making them worse 😅 .... I don't know but I feel like a phone from medium budget from the same company(samsung) it's not having so many problems like the "top of line" aka s22 ultra ... I am really disappointed by them ... 😑
Otherwise, yes ... love the pen , dex ( although I don't use it) and also love the x10 photos... but otherwise, s7 edge was having a better 16mp ultrawide .. ... so I don't know what to say about samsung... but "it's all about the money "

justkta

Nov 3, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Sorry I was reading my last post and said that s7 edge have a 16 mp ultrawide but it was abouth my last phone (witch was s10+ and previously s7 edge ... and previously also samsung I don't rememberbut an s2 ... witch was an amazing phone and the last witch i find without problems ) ..but I Wait for things to be better at samsung from s7 edge 😂😉 .... ... so s7 edge ..., s10 plus .. and now s22 ultra .. had the same problems at a point in time ...and this is overheating, poor battery and also lag.... and this relatively in a short period of time ... ,I also tried factory reset and the same result... so I don't know what to say....

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Exactly, starting with the July update, and now August, I can barely get more than 4h SOT which it's not ok...Samsung it's laughing on us and this is really bad. I would pick another phone, but alternatives have a lot of downsides...Lack of DEX, 10X telephoto, proper software support, so we're forced to purchase this trash S22 Ultra..
No 10x telephoto isn't the end of surveillance🤣
Kidding.
Seriously though, the updates and upgrades after Android 9 and certainly 10 aren't very desirable or necessary.
This almost 3 yo stock N10+ is still running on Pie, same load for over 2 years. Security is not an issue; real world usage with only a few modifications in configuration and usage.

The N10+ is a beast that actually runs better and more reliably then every Samsung flagship that followed it. It's a viable option for some.
It doesn't have wifi Dex, 5G (probably best to avoid the 5G variant), variable refresh rate display (it color accuracy likely surpasses all variable refresh rate displays) and the latency of it's spen is slower (it's fast enough even today).

Moreover it has a SD card slot, 12gb of ram and runs like a bat out hell boasting over 11 hours SOT. It's 30gm lighter. It runs cool enough to use when it's 97F like today with no cooling. My battery temp is 101F and here what the cores are doing after streaming a vid and 30 minutes here...
Screenshot_20220805-154232_DevCheck.jpg

I spend very little time doing troubleshooting or maintaining this phone. This heavily used device has had one battery replacement, due for another soon. No other repairs. Zero display degradation. It looks and runs like new.
Samsung made my decision for me. Fk the hype, I use whatever works. Bonus my grandfathered unlimited 4G data plan keeps my phone bill low.

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
Guys I had the lag too ocassionally on S22U (Exynos) and today I flashed the beta. I keep my fingers crossed but IT IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PHONE.

I have played with it, checked settings, writing posts, making photos and videos, used social media, watched videos on Netfilx & Disney+ for the last 6 hours and I did not have a single stutter or lag. Dunno what they did but the OneUI 5 beta is a thousands times better than the stable for me... Of course this is just for today but i do hope things will be the same tomorrow

Last edited:

!J2B!

Nov 13, 2010
Caen
Honor 50
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Guys I had the lag too ocassionally on S22U (Exynos) and today I flashed the beta. I keep my fingers crossed but IT IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PHONE.

I have played with it, checked settings, writing posts, making photos and videos, used social media, watched videos on Netfilx & Disney+ for the last 6 hours and I did not have a single stutter or lag. Dunno what they did but the OneUI 5 beta is a thousands times better than the stable for me... Of ourse this is just today but i do hope things will be the same tomorrow
That's great news ! Thanks. I didn't even know the One UI 5 beta was already out. Can you tell us after having used it for days ?

oile

Jul 18, 2011
Taranto

I have played with it, checked settings, writing posts, making photos and videos, used social media, watched videos on Netfilx & Disney+ for the last 6 hours and I did not have a single stutter or lag. Dunno what they did but the OneUI 5 beta is a thousands times better than the stable for me... Of ourse this is just today but i do hope things will be the same tomorrow
Did you factory reset or dirty flashed over one ui 4.0 mess? If dirty flashed it could give us hope

jericho246

I sideloaded via ADB as well and I gotta say the experience is indeed smoother. Also I used the Galaxy app booster from Good Guardians, just in case. So yes, for me, there's definitely less stuttering in the animations. Previously, on Android 12, the swipe down animation would lag. Hard. I don't experience that anymore on this beta.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have played with it, checked settings, writing posts, making photos and videos, used social media, watched videos on Netfilx & Disney+ for the last 6 hours and I did not have a single stutter or lag. Dunno what they did but the OneUI 5 beta is a thousands times better than the stable for me... Of course this is just for today but i do hope things will be the same tomorrow
    I sideloaded via ADB as well and I gotta say the experience is indeed smoother. Also I used the Galaxy app booster from Good Guardians, just in case. So yes, for me, there's definitely less stuttering in the animations. Previously, on Android 12, the swipe down animation would lag. Hard. I don't experience that anymore on this beta.
    I'm on the second day now with the beta and having the same great experience. Used for several hours Waze, social media, and making phone calls, phone is smooth as butter everywhere (except that Reddit thread ofc)
    No lags at all on my S22 Ultra 5G Snapdragon 512GB, but Exynos yes definitely has big lag issues.
    No lags on beta anymore 😀
    What kind of SOT are you getting now?
    Sammy make some improvements there?
    Reddit is always a mess🤣
    I too went ahead and flashed the beta, I normally regret doing so because it ends up being a mess, but the heating up has gone away (mostly), camera is snappier imo, and my battery life is way better. Played some Octopath CotC for about 4 hours last night, I think I maybe hit 39% from around the 60-70 I was at.
    I think we are forgetting the basics of threads like this one:
    Which exact model are you using?
    Software version, build number, etc..

That kinda helps other users see if they have similar issues on the same device or if it's limited to specific regions..
    Everyone has to start at post #1.
    I've had my s22 ultra /DBT since this morning and I've had no lags, no app crashes no nothing. Good times :)
    I got my new S22 Ultra this monday and I have been having quite a lot of problems with it.
    The battery life is terrible, only around 2-3 hours of lite use. Snapchat is near unusable because it is terribly slow and laggy to use and the viewport in the app has a delay of 2-3 sec.

No software updates has come out, and no app update has fixed it.

Any suggestions of how to fix this?
    It's a new phone that hasn't officially been released yet. It's running android 12 which has had numerous issues that are still being addressed. There are bound to be issues and people are looking for help and being accused of being trolls.
    I joined this forum to hopefully learn some things. Wasn't expecting romper room.
    Who are the real trolls here?