Question S22 Ultra Very Laggy and slow

Search This thread

Blackfyre

Dec 28, 2009
For anyone like me who has had a lot stutters and scrolling lag issues with the phone, try out these steps I posted in a thread and let me know if it helps you out like it did for me:

For anyone like me who has had a lot stutters and scrolling lag issues with the phone, try out these steps I posted in a thread and let me know if it helps you out like it did for me:

I installed from the Galaxy Store. The only stuttering I get (and it's minor) is when using Twitter. After installing Good Guardians and App Booster, Twitter is much smoother on both my S22 Ultra and Tab S7.

I tried your fix before even you made this tutorial but unfortunately, for me it doesn't work, I still have random lag with my phone , I still have sht battery life, so yeah, this phone it's a big disappointment for me..

mastermind666

Aug 9, 2016
I have the s22 ultra device with exynos since one week now.

Does anyone know a solution or has the same problem / observation:

Whenever I want to send HEIC images via WhatsApp it takes YEARS to load the pictures in preview. It always appears black and then the image loads after a very long time. The duration increases massively when sending numbers of pictures (i.e. cap of 30). One remark: the loading time in whatsapp disappears or is nearly gone when recording standard .jpg.

I come from an oppo find x2 pro with snapdragon 865 - and i never had these issues with heic files in whatsapp.

Actually I have to say the 2 year old Oppo is much snappier than the galaxy s22 ultra, which is ridiculous.

andreasarxon

Mar 5, 2011
I have the s22 ultra device with exynos since one week now.

Does anyone know a solution or has the same problem / observation:

Whenever I want to send HEIC images via WhatsApp it takes YEARS to load the pictures in preview. It always appears black and then the image loads after a very long time. The duration increases massively when sending numbers of pictures (i.e. cap of 30). One remark: the loading time in whatsapp disappears or is nearly gone when recording standard .jpg.

I come from an oppo find x2 pro with snapdragon 865 - and i never had these issues with heic files in whatsapp.

Actually I have to say the 2 year old Oppo is much snappier than the galaxy s22 ultra, which is ridiculous.
I have the tab s7 with the sd865 and i can tell you that the sd865 is better than the exynos 2200. It is more optimized with lower heat and snappier over all ..

_GRIZZLY_

Jul 2, 2013
Even after 5 months since i have S22U, a lot of updates and flashed latest rom via Odin all the time fold 2 running smoother than S22U with exynos.
I observe that S22U have problems with celluar. Some SMS messages don't arrive for recipient or i don't answer some messages. Its very frustrating.

Darbar1701

Nov 25, 2016
I think I'll go the 256/12 GB option next year as I think people with that configuration have a more fluid experience

ekin_strops

Apr 29, 2016
Munich
OnePlus 9 Pro
Probably again win Exynos version and profits from sell devices with this weak soc.
Exynos 2300 for s series "coming"...
Wdym weak SOC? 2200 literally beats SD888 and even a SD865 was snappy enough which is weaker than 888.

I'm not a fan of either, but Exynos 2200 is not a weak SOC at all and sits between SD888 and SD8 Gen 1 in terms of performance.

_GRIZZLY_

Jul 2, 2013
Wdym weak SOC? 2200 literally beats SD888 and even a SD865 was snappy enough which is weaker than 888.

I'm not a fan of either, but Exynos 2200 is not a weak SOC at all and sits between SD888 and SD8 Gen 1 in terms of performance.
In overall energy efficency, thermalthrottling exynos is weak especially compare to SD 865.
Next optimalization this SOC is low so is visivility often.
In daily use for a lot users clean performance isn't most important.
I have compare fold 2 and s22u with exynos.
Thurst me battery and smooth isn't even similar to fold 2 with "old" sd865

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got this update for expert raw this morning and it says please use after latest software update, so maybe there's a new build on the way😀😀😀
    ... any ideas about November security update so far ?
    I think we are forgetting the basics of threads like this one:
    Which exact model are you using?
    Software version, build number, etc..

That kinda helps other users see if they have similar issues on the same device or if it's limited to specific regions..
    Everyone has to start at post #1.
    I've had my s22 ultra /DBT since this morning and I've had no lags, no app crashes no nothing. Good times :)
    I got my new S22 Ultra this monday and I have been having quite a lot of problems with it.
    The battery life is terrible, only around 2-3 hours of lite use. Snapchat is near unusable because it is terribly slow and laggy to use and the viewport in the app has a delay of 2-3 sec.

No software updates has come out, and no app update has fixed it.

Any suggestions of how to fix this?
    It's a new phone that hasn't officially been released yet. It's running android 12 which has had numerous issues that are still being addressed. There are bound to be issues and people are looking for help and being accused of being trolls.
    I joined this forum to hopefully learn some things. Wasn't expecting romper room.
    Who are the real trolls here?