Question S22 Ultra Very Laggy and slow

Search This thread

ekin_strops

Apr 29, 2016
Munich
OnePlus 9 Pro
In overall energy efficency, thermalthrottling exynos is weak especially compare to SD 865.
Next optimalization this SOC is low so is visivility often.
In daily use for a lot users clean performance isn't most important.
I have compare fold 2 and s22u with exynos.
Thurst me battery and smooth isn't even similar to fold 2 with "old" sd865
In overall energy efficiency and thermal throttling, Exynos 2200 is still better compared to SD888. (I got the SD888 in OnePlus 9 Pro), and I also have the SD8 Gen 1 in the S8 Ultra TAB.

Keep in mind that the SD865 is still one of the most efficient SOCs among Qualcomm.

Not saying Exynos 2200 is the "best" but rather that it's still sitting between SD888 and SD8 Gen 1, and that's coming now from my own comparissons and tests done with Scene 5, measuring the power consumption, temperature under XY loads and overall heat dissipation among them (though TAB doesn't really count since the battery is not affected by high SOC temps on TABs like the phones are).

OnePlus 9 Pro - S22 Ultra - S8 Ultra TAB. (I got the S7 Plus TAB too with the SD865 Plus). (And many other devices).

_GRIZZLY_

Jul 2, 2013
In overall energy efficiency and thermal throttling, Exynos 2200 is still better compared to SD888. (I got the SD888 in OnePlus 9 Pro), and I also have the SD8 Gen 1 in the S8 Ultra TAB.

Keep in mind that the SD865 is still one of the most efficient SOCs among Qualcomm.

Not saying Exynos 2200 is the "best" but rather that it's still sitting between SD888 and SD8 Gen 1, and that's coming now from my own comparissons and tests done with Scene 5, measuring the power consumption, temperature under XY loads and overall heat dissipation among them (though TAB doesn't really count since the battery is not affected by high SOC temps on TABs like the phones are).

OnePlus 9 Pro - S22 Ultra - S8 Ultra TAB. (I got the S7 Plus TAB too with the SD865 Plus). (And many other devices).
Ok I agree with you but even with a lot of power in exynos 2200 S22 series not running smooth like devices with above example snap.
So problem is only in soft?
I don't think so.
Even same apps, in daily use scrolling running smoother in devices with snap 888, 865.
I supposed that project soc or management cores is incorrect.

!J2B!

Nov 13, 2010
Caen
Honor 50
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Ok I agree with you but even with a lot of power in exynos 2200 S22 series not running smooth like devices with above example snap.
So problem is only in soft?
I don't think so.
Even same apps, in daily use scrolling running smoother in devices with snap 888, 865.
I supposed that project soc or management cores is incorrect.
I also think that this is a software problem due to an awful optimization of OneUI. When I look at my Oppo Find X3 Lite with a SD 765G running like a charm whereas the soc is way less powerful, that makes me think it's not a hardware problem.

The thing is that OneUI is so bad optimized it needs a NASA processor combined with a nuclear power station to run as smooth as a Pixel.

But yeah the Exynos 2200 is less powerful than a SD 8gen1 and heats up more but today, a mid range soc should be able to run that UI smoothly.

_GRIZZLY_

Jul 2, 2013
The thing is that OneUI is so bad optimized
On the fold series OneUi running very nice. My friend had Fold 3 and s22U. Him fold running very smooth without any slow down unlike S22U. Similar my fold 2.
On my opinion optimalization software (OneUi) in s series is worse than fold and even flip series which now is numero uno for samsung.
Samsung depend popularity folding devices so in my opinion do it more work for good soft compare to other series like even flagship like S22.

!J2B!

Nov 13, 2010
Caen
Honor 50
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
On the fold series OneUi running very nice. My friend had Fold 3 and s22U. Him fold running very smooth without any slow down unlike S22U. Similar my fold 2.
On my opinion optimalization software (OneUi) in s series is worse than fold and even flip series which now is numero uno for samsung.
Samsung depend popularity folding devices so in my opinion do it more work for good soft compare to other series like even flagship like S22.
Yes you're right, even my S20FE with Snapdragon was running smoother. But hopefully they'll work on the optimization for OneUI5 or 5.1 who knows ?

bjy1111

Aug 17, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I got my new S22 Ultra this monday and I have been having quite a lot of problems with it.
The battery life is terrible, only around 2-3 hours of lite use. Snapchat is near unusable because it is terribly slow and laggy to use and the viewport in the app has a delay of 2-3 sec.

No software updates has come out, and no app update has fixed it.

Any suggestions of how to fix this?
I do everythg clean installation, with sd 8gen 1 I have no issue. Occasionally I do notice there's some camera lag. Otherwise not much issue

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
Has anyone managed to get the stuttering after taking a picture and trying to tap the gallery, around that sort of sequence of events? Bumping up the CPU has made my battery life kind of tank. Putting it back on adaptive.

Is there a gcam that works 100% that may have less lag?

Iyad22

Dec 27, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Try this . It helped me alot
Screenshot_20221027-101146_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221027-101234_Good Guardians.jpg
    Screenshot_20221027-101234_Good Guardians.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: Hamid Chikh

!J2B!

Nov 13, 2010
Caen
Honor 50
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Guys, I have one question (that may be already asked and if it has I'm sorry)

I'm about to restore my S22 after the OneUI 5 update because I want a clean install.
Should I restore my apps through the Google Cloud ? Or should I reinstall each app one by one ?
Do you think there will be a difference of reactivity?

bat0nas

Feb 23, 2009
Vilnius
Guys, I have one question (that may be already asked and if it has I'm sorry)

I'm about to restore my S22 after the OneUI 5 update because I want a clean install.
Should I restore my apps through the Google Cloud ? Or should I reinstall each app one by one ?
Do you think there will be a difference of reactivity?

I did a factory reset after updating and I was surprised I was not offered to restore apps during setup process.
So had to reinstall all the apps and lost app settings and history of some apps.

Anyway.. back to the topic:
I don't see any problems restoring apps. It will save time and won't do any harm.
But I would avoid restoring any of the Samsung apps or Google apps.

There are much changes in Samsung apps and settings (previous separate apps are now part of One UI 5).

So restore just your specific apps (banking, food, music, streaming, games etc.).

Reactions: !J2B!

Darbar1701

Nov 25, 2016
Got this update for expert raw this morning and it says please use after latest software update, so maybe there's a new build on the way😀😀😀

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221031_101015_Galaxy Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20221031_101015_Galaxy Store.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: Hamid Chikh

rockky

Oct 2, 2006
chicago
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
No pr
I got my new S22 Ultra this monday and I have been having quite a lot of problems with it.
The battery life is terrible, only around 2-3 hours of lite use. Snapchat is near unusable because it is terribly slow and laggy to use and the viewport in the app has a delay of 2-3 sec.

No problem here

AA'NEEB

Jan 9, 2021

Any suggestions of how tContac with o fix

Repoeand try to rest your phone other wise you can

On samsung members an

On sa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is not going to be the most helpful comment but I advise against using it or at least at your own risk. I recall either my phone or tablet ended up hardlocked to that apps refresh and even it couldn't revert it.

That may be a super one off but it happens. I had to reflash with ODIN to get it working properly.

Screenshot_20221127_011642_Device care.jpg

I get about 7 hours SOT with Galaxy Max Hz app using 24hz-96hz adaptive mode. And that's only from 85 to 15% battery.
    I think we are forgetting the basics of threads like this one:
    Which exact model are you using?
    Software version, build number, etc..

That kinda helps other users see if they have similar issues on the same device or if it's limited to specific regions..
    I've had my s22 ultra /DBT since this morning and I've had no lags, no app crashes no nothing. Good times :)
    Everyone has to start at post #1.

It's a new phone that hasn't officially been released yet. It's running android 12 which has had numerous issues that are still being addressed. There are bound to be issues and people are looking for help and being accused of being trolls.
    I joined this forum to hopefully learn some things. Wasn't expecting romper room.
    Who are the real trolls here?