Question S22U Back ordered

Search This thread

roaduardo

Apr 27, 2016
For the first time ever I ordered a Sammy device directly from Samsung instead of going through my carrier. Looking at the dates on the website, the white version looked like it was ready to ship but for some reason when I tried to order it I was told it couldn't deliver my location but the other colors were fine?

Anyway, went with Phantom Black, 256GB. Mother's Day sale. Said delivery by May 31st. In your experience, those of you that have bought directly from Samsung, what are the chances that this 31st date is reliable? Or if you think it'll ship before then? I don't know what the current state of their production is. Carriers have stock but their trade-in values suck.

I'm also wondering the chances that this date (that's estimated of course) will be pushed back? I keep checking the website like I'm shopping for a new phone and their ship dates keep going back since last week I checked.

More dumb questions. I never bought directly from Samsung before so do they ship in directly from the factory or they have stock inside the US they tap from? I'm assuming they're out of any stock they have inside this country since they're back ordered. So does that mean my phone's coming directly from overseas to me or are they like waiting to build up stock in a warehouse somewhere here then start to distribute?

Whatcha reckon?

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
Some of those "warehouse" question...call Samsung and ask. And even the dates for delivery can change..again call and ask. Not being a jerk but some of those questions are for Samsung.

pirpolo

Jun 7, 2005
Hello,
I bought S22ultra with financing.
as soon as they received the approval of the financial institution (less than a week) they sent it immediately and in 24 hours it arrived at my house.
Dimenticavo: sito Samsung Italia.
I took one of the available colors so as not to waste time, so I will put the case on top

Last edited:

roaduardo

Apr 27, 2016
Some of those "warehouse" question...call Samsung and ask. And even the dates for delivery can change..again call and ask. Not being a jerk but some of those questions are for Samsung.
Sure but I just wanted to try and tap into other people's experiences with this and since that's free I figured what the heck. Right?

raul6

Jan 26, 2009
Fingers crossed it arrives as per order date. In my case it took 7 instead of 4 weeks to arrive. But that was in UK and for a custom colour

Reactions: roaduardo

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
For the first time ever I ordered a Sammy device directly from Samsung instead of going through my carrier. Looking at the dates on the website, the white version looked like it was ready to ship but for some reason when I tried to order it I was told it couldn't deliver my location but the other colors were fine?

Anyway, went with Phantom Black, 256GB. Mother's Day sale. Said delivery by May 31st. In your experience, those of you that have bought directly from Samsung, what are the chances that this 31st date is reliable? Or if you think it'll ship before then? I don't know what the current state of their production is. Carriers have stock but their trade-in values suck.

I'm also wondering the chances that this date (that's estimated of course) will be pushed back? I keep checking the website like I'm shopping for a new phone and their ship dates keep going back since last week I checked.

More dumb questions. I never bought directly from Samsung before so do they ship in directly from the factory or they have stock inside the US they tap from? I'm assuming they're out of any stock they have inside this country since they're back ordered. So does that mean my phone's coming directly from overseas to me or are they like waiting to build up stock in a warehouse somewhere here then start to distribute?

Whatcha reckon?
I've been purchasing my phones, tablets, accessories etc directly from Samsung for about 8 years. Typically when they post a ship date you will actually receive the item by that date. My S22u was actually the first item Samsung pushed back a ship date but that was due to an overall shortage of S22u due to high demand.

I can also attest that Samsung has multiple warehouses in the US. The Samsung warehouse in Coppell, TX which is about 15 miles from where I live shipped my S22u, S-view cover and T7 portable SSD.

dscline

Sep 19, 2007
Atlanta, GA USA
FWIW, I purchased my S20U, S21U, and now S22U all direct from Samsung (because of the great trade-in deals). I don't remember the first two beind delayed. The S22U I ordered on 5/1 with an expected delivery of 5/10 (I did not spring for expedited delivery). After several days I received an update that it had been pushed back to 5/24. It just arrived yesterday, so several days earlier than their pushed back date. It shipped out of Coppell, TX via FedEx.

chinchillables

May 31, 2012
Haven't been on here in ages, but was just coming to look at ROOT stuff for the S22 Ultra since I am being forced off my forever LG G8 phone I had.

As to the topic though, I JUST ordered a Phantom White S22 Ultra yesterday and it shipped same day already and is expected to be here in 3 days via FedEx. The ones I saw that appeared to be backordered were the Samsung Exclusive colors, but those don't look that good anyway so you do better to just get a regular color.

roaduardo

Apr 27, 2016
Haven't been on here in ages, but was just coming to look at ROOT stuff for the S22 Ultra since I am being forced off my forever LG G8 phone I had.

As to the topic though, I JUST ordered a Phantom White S22 Ultra yesterday and it shipped same day already and is expected to be here in 3 days via FedEx. The ones I saw that appeared to be backordered were the Samsung Exclusive colors, but those don't look that good anyway so you do better to just get a regular color.
Yeah I got phantom black. Says it's in stock.

roaduardo

Apr 27, 2016
Thanks. I live in Texas too so I hope that happens to me too.

I called today after getting the email and they said they'd send a request to the fulfillment center to "prioritize" my order? I don't know if that's really what they did but they said expect a response within 48 hours.

I'm mostly anxious about getting this thing shipped ASAP because I don't want more time with this phone I'm using now for the trade just in case something happens to it. Ya know?

FWIW, I purchased my S20U, S21U, and now S22U all direct from Samsung (because of the great trade-in deals). I don't remember the first two beind delayed. The S22U I ordered on 5/1 with an expected delivery of 5/10 (I did not spring for expedited delivery). After several days I received an update that it had been pushed back to 5/24. It just arrived yesterday, so several days earlier than their pushed back date. It shipped out of Coppell, TX via FedEx.

chinchillables

May 31, 2012

I called today after getting the email and they said they'd send a request to the fulfillment center to "prioritize" my order? I don't know if that's really what they did but they said expect a response within 48 hours.

I'm mostly anxious about getting this thing shipped ASAP because I don't want more time with this phone I'm using now for the trade just in case something happens to it. Ya know?
I am also in Texas so it's highly possible. I don't think many people order the 512GB and 1TB versions so that could be the reason mine shipped same day due to high stock availability. Sidenote, I actually loved my LG G8 and didn't want to change but the 5G crap being forced is the only reason. I'm still going to use it when I'm at home and only use my S22 Ultra when I need to be out with active service.

Last edited:

roaduardo

Apr 27, 2016
I am also in Texas so it's highly possible. I don't think many people order the 512GB and 1TB versions so that could be the reason mine shipped same day due to high stock availability. Sidenote, I actually loved my LG G8 and didn't want to change but the 5G crap being forced is the only reason. I'm still going to use it when I'm at home and only use my S22 Ultra when I need to be out with active service.
I ordered the 256GB

Reactions: doubledragon5

roaduardo

Apr 27, 2016
Little update.

870540.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: doubledragon5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Whatcha reckon?
    I've been purchasing my phones, tablets, accessories etc directly from Samsung for about 8 years. Typically when they post a ship date you will actually receive the item by that date. My S22u was actually the first item Samsung pushed back a ship date but that was due to an overall shortage of S22u due to high demand.

I can also attest that Samsung has multiple warehouses in the US. The Samsung warehouse in Coppell, TX which is about 15 miles from where I live shipped my S22u, S-view cover and T7 portable SSD.
    I've had this type of experience several times with Samsung. Samsungs not perfect but they will take care of you if it is a problem on their side and you are reasonable.
    Fingers crossed it arrives as per order date. In my case it took 7 instead of 4 weeks to arrive. But that was in UK and for a custom colour