Question S22u snapdragon US unclocked very slow 4g speed(10Mbps) in europe.

Search This thread

noelbisha45

Jul 18, 2017
Hi i got s22 ultra sd variant with model number SM-908U1 its unlocked.

I live in europe my phone carrier is Vodafone but my mobile data speed has problems.

4G only goes to 15Mbps with full bars i tried to reset the network settings still the same results.

I can think of a way of fixing it by changing software region to hong kong beacuse it comes with sd but i will wait till june cause i dont have much time now.Maybe samsung will fix it id they dont i will try this method if anyone else finds a fix or tries this method feel free to share the results.

EDIT:i checked vodafone bands and it uses B3 and B7 which are supported checked in samsung band selection app.
I think it might be a software bug

Attachments

• s22.jpeg
    s22.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

mookiexl

Hi i got s22 ultra sd variant with model number SM-908U1 its unlocked.

I live in europe my phone carrier is Vodafone but my mobile data speed has problems.

4G only goes to 15Mbps with full bars i tried to reset the network settings still the same results.

I can think of a way of fixing it by changing software region to hong kong beacuse it comes with sd but i will wait till june cause i dont have much time now.Maybe samsung will fix it id they dont i will try this method if anyone else finds a fix or tries this method feel free to share the results.

EDIT:i checked vodafone bands and it uses B3 and B7 which are supported checked in samsung band selection app.
I think it might be a software bug
Did you select those bands from the all to see if there's a difference in speeds

jameskie0007

Dec 2, 2020
I have the same experience. bought US unlocked U1 but used it outside europe. now, wont even detect 5G. was hoping could find a way to flash it into global firmware with local csc supported.

noelbisha45

Jul 18, 2017
I have the same experience. bought US unlocked U1 but used it outside europe. now, wont even detect 5G. was hoping could find a way to flash it into global firmware with local csc supported.
Your firmware should be for sd otherwise the phone wont boot.There are a lot of countries with sd you can try to flash them.

malikin

Aug 11, 2009
London
why do u need more than 15mbps speeds? youtube streams take 2-3 mbps only

use wifi for more speeds

AmazDev

Sep 23, 2018
Taranto
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Same carrier, Vodafone, same problems in Italy but I have a fix.

I got an ATT sim, if you flash the U firmware with the sim in the phone you'll get the ATT branded software which, for some reasons, supports even 5G (tested over 600mbps).The problem is that the U1 firmware is designed to be "optimised" for the carrier of your Sim. Unlikely since we are not using an American carrier, the system doesn't know what bands enable, so it sets all to some ****ty default values.

You can buy a pre-paid ATT sim here in Italy for 30-40 euros.

I hope this helps!

noelbisha45

Jul 18, 2017

I got an ATT sim, if you flash the U firmware with the sim in the phone you'll get the ATT branded software which, for some reasons, supports even 5G (tested over 600mbps).The problem is that the U1 firmware is designed to be "optimised" for the carrier of your Sim. Unlikely since we are not using an American carrier, the system doesn't know what bands enable, so it sets all to some ****ty default values.

I hope this helps!
Thanks anyway but we dont have ATT sims here in Albania.

AmazDev

Sep 23, 2018
Taranto
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I think it may be a sim card issue right now it just went to 40Mbps
I also get sometimes 60mbps, the problems is that here in Italy we have 5G which doesn't work in U1 firmware. Also, ia had an itlain s22 Ultra for comparison: same sim, same place, the Italian S22U did 170mbps Download while the US one only 10mbps.

After i flashed the ATT firmware they both got the same speeds (1-5mbps difference)

noelbisha45

Jul 18, 2017
I also get sometimes 60mbps, the problems is that here in Italy we have 5G which doesn't work in U1 firmware. Also, ia had an itlain s22 Ultra for comparison: same sim, same place, the Italian S22U did 170mbps Download while the US one only 10mbps.

After i flashed the ATT firmware they both got the same speeds (1-5mbps difference)
It depends what bands vodafone uses search the bands online or ask them and try to use samsung band selector to choose those bands it may work

phormskaran

Jul 1, 2022

I hope this helps!
hi i got an AT&T Sim in Germany and tried to flash the U Firmware but Odin is Saying Auth Fail what should i do? Or am i flashing wrong?

AmazDev

Sep 23, 2018
Taranto
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
hi i got an AT&T Sim in Germany and tried to flash the U Firmware but Odin is Saying Auth Fail what should i do? Or am i flashing wrong?
You need to use a latched version of odin that lets you flash an U firmware over U1 and viceversa. That versión can be downloaded here in the attachments.

Attachments

• Odin3 v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 17

phormskaran

Jul 1, 2022
You need to use a latched version of odin that lets you flash an U firmware over U1 and viceversa. That versión can be downloaded here in the attachments.
still the same issue i dont know what to do
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin engine v(ID:3.1301)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> skip file list for home binary
<ID:0/005> persist.img
<ID:0/005> carrier.img
<ID:0/005> userdata.img
<ID:0/005> misc.bin
<ID:0/005> Home Binary Download
<ID:0/005> Total Binary size: 10293 M
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> aop_devcfg.mbn
<ID:0/005> aop.mbn
<ID:0/005> apdp.mbn
<ID:0/005> bksecapp.mbn
<ID:0/005> cpucp.elf
<ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

AmazDev

Sep 23, 2018
Taranto
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
still the same issue i dont know what to do
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin engine v(ID:3.1301)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> skip file list for home binary
<ID:0/005> persist.img
<ID:0/005> carrier.img
<ID:0/005> userdata.img
<ID:0/005> misc.bin
<ID:0/005> Home Binary Download
<ID:0/005> Total Binary size: 10293 M
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> aop_devcfg.mbn
<ID:0/005> aop.mbn
<ID:0/005> apdp.mbn
<ID:0/005> bksecapp.mbn
<ID:0/005> cpucp.elf
<ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

This version was tested and confirmed working by me. Also, be sure to flash the latest firmware with bootloader 2 like this one https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=14655340768118476026

phormskaran

Jul 1, 2022

This version was tested and confirmed working by me. Also, be sure to flash the latest firmware with bootloader 2 like this one https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=14655340768118476026
Hi thank you very much it worked out with your given firmware but the Network Mode Selection is missing do you have infos about that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EEB3EFD2-4B24-47BC-8C70-1EDFAF9FEA45.jpeg
    Hi after few days of Changing the Firmware from U1 to U i can really see improvements having Speeds with 5G upto 600Mbits or More Sometimes with German Provider Deutsche Telekom thanks a lot again to AmazDev
    That's why I stay on Exynos. The SD model doesn't support all the bands we have in Europe.
    Im pretty sure it does support many of them
    Thats nice mate. Is 5g working?
    Yh i have 5G continuously with very high speeds not the U1 Speed anymore (20-50mbits)
    If you need full call features purchase a device from the service provider in the region you'll be residing. Unlocked devices have a long history of compatibility issues. Don't assume the 5G Band(s) available in your device's network configuration which match your service provider's 5G network options are compatible. Unless the anchor is in sync it won't connect. Changes to your CSC typically create conflicts since they're designed for their specific software configuration. Do your homework before you purchase any device, trying to patch things together is a gamble at best. Samsung is to blame to a large degree. Way too many variants and multiple SOC's is a recipe for disaster!
    No i mean is your device by stock using the XAA CSC?
    Yep