S2p on Blackstone

Search This thread

shax

Mar 17, 2008
shax.biz
Has anyone got the new S2p version to work properly on Blackstone?
I've tried OpenGL and regular VGA version they both have same issues.
Half of album covers are either not showing or sometimes showing and sometimes not. If i try to scroll it's a nightmare, it just scrolls without stoping, blocking my device so i have to soft reset. Even the fonts are all messed up.
If i try double click on cover, it rotates on X axis showing nothing (it should display playlist of that album).

Tried all registry hacks, every folder has a folder.jpg, all mp3's have embedded cover art. Running it on stock rom. 0.40 is working just fine.

Anyone?

Georgeous2008

Dec 25, 2008
I've tried OpenGL and regular VGA version they both have same issues. Half of album covers are either not showing or sometimes showing and sometimes not.
Don't have that problem ...

Even the fonts are all messed up. If i try double click on cover, it rotates on X axis showing nothing (it should display playlist of that album).

If that happens, restart the application and see if it works again. Did for me.

abeery

Jun 12, 2007
Honeoye Falls, NY
I suspect you have something unrelated to s2p fouled up on your phone... I have been running the most current version of s2p with stunning results since it was released... absolutely beautiful with zero issues. Of course I flash my ROMS on a bi-weekly basis to get all the latest tweaks that the various ROM Cookers piec together so I know that my registry has not had time to become corrupted --- you may be facing something like that... perhaps its time to wipe you device and reload everything to get a clean install. A pain I know but it may be worth it.

shax

Mar 17, 2008
shax.biz
Well, i have no intentions to switch to cooked rom untill warranty expires.
I'll make backup, hard reset and install S2p as first app to see if it makes any difference. Will post you back with results.

shax

Mar 17, 2008
shax.biz
Ok, did a hard reset, it acts EXACTLY the same with OpenGL and NonOpenGL version. Only difference is, after reset Error reporting was on and reported a crach 3 times in 15 minutes specifing core.dll (think that was the name) as a cause of a problem. Still despreate.

shax

Mar 17, 2008
shax.biz
I have exactly the same ROM version as you but I don't have ANY additional video drivers installed. So it seems that those are not the root of the problem.

Like i said, i tryed doing hard reset and installed ONLY s2p and it was acting the same. No 3D drivers, just a factory ROM.

But, after two sleepless night i've RESOLVED a problem! :D
After some thinking i've come to idea that only thing i didn't try to change is my music.

I' had 8 GB of music, most of them was Various Artists compilations, all music was arranged as Artist\Album Name\Title. So if i had a compilation of 100 authors, i would end with 100 authors each having one song in the subfolder named as compilation. This is the way Windows media player synchronize music to your phone. So, i deleted all music EXCEPT real albums (all songs on the album are by the same artist and they go in the same folder, not in 100 subfolders for each author.) After that, S2p worked flawlessly! Scrolling, playlists, folder explorer, rotating, work with S2u... i'm in love again :eek:

Hope this helps all the others. :)

crashDebug

Dec 23, 2008
Biella
well we might say that this is both good and bad news.

it's good that you solved your problem but if various artists are an issue with 8gb memorycards what are we going to do when 32 (or even 64!) gb memorycards come out?
:(

shax

Mar 17, 2008
shax.biz
It just may be that some of music files were just "not right", even if they worked perfectly in 0.40 version and TF3D player.
I'll get albums back one by one and see what happens.
But this time every compilation i have i'll copy manually in one folder so it doesn't get all spread up in different artists.

And i have 16GB memory card.

EDIT: Run on the problems with first compilation.
Copied the folder "BEST OF ROCK the 50 biggest songs of HISTORY" to SD\Music, launched SP, browsed to the folder, started playing first file, clicked to see playlist in upper right angle and got nothing. Just gray screen.
Shut down S2p, renamed folder to "BEST OF ROCK 50" everything works like a charm, i finally have ONE album in album view with 50 authors.
Looks like i'm gonna have to copy compilations manually from now on, instead of using WMP to synchronize for me.

Last edited:

Georgeous2008

Dec 25, 2008
If you haven't done so it would be a good idea to tell the S2P author what solved your problem. Maybe he'll be able to fix it in his next version. That way, one inconvenience less.

Dude10

Nov 4, 2008
Germany
Cover not showing

Hi Guys,
I have unfortunaly a problem as well. To Play my music with S2p is not a problem, but to show for each Track the cover is terrible.
It just take one Cover for all Tracks. I changed the ID3-Tag to Trackname/Album/Interpret. The Player is actually very nice but with this problem it makes it a bad player if it is not so compatible.
Does anyone have the same problem and knows an solution. :(

I like the Idear to this player and the funktions, but why it is so a problem with the cover? Is this player actually not made for HTC or HD?

Dude10

Nov 4, 2008
Germany
i found the problem. you have to create for each artist a folder. It seems that if you put to many sounds in the ext.-storage, the player doesn´t react of your sliding anymore.
is somebody there who knows why?

Is it a bug or will it gives later on a update? :rolleyes: