• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

S3 FW update, R770XXU2BQH1, Aug 25

Search This thread

Redflea

Nov 23, 2009
Just got this update on my S3 Classic, only listed one change in the update message, extending vibration alerts to third party messaging apps.

That they don't fix the broken audio notifications for third party messaging apps is really frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: adfree
D

Deleted member 657471

The update actually broke the voice to text fix they recently implemented, so now it's back to not recognizing anything at all.

Reactions: adfree

orlans21

Jan 4, 2013
After this update my battery drained like crazy. It was dead before I got home today from work and im pretty sure I had about 70 percent yesterday and I also turn it off when i'm not using it.

Redflea

Nov 23, 2009
My batteries seems about the same as it was before the update. I know that after one of the previous updates my battery was just terrible for a little while, and then straightened out on its own for some reason.

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Mine is on R760XXU2BQC5 and says no update available... S3 Frontier from Amazon Germany

This is still Running Gag with Sales Code...

If your SM-R760 has Sales Code DBT for instance... then NO update... BQC5 is still latest...

But our friends from US with Sales Code XAR receive also for SM-R760 FOTA update...
Code:
R760XXU2BQH1

After they received short time ago BQG4...

This has something to do with active CSC... :rolleyes:
In theory you could also update... in alternate ways...

No idea if it is worth... as maybe more Bugs as Features inside...

Best Regards

Redflea

Nov 23, 2009
Factory reset fixed battery issues that appeared a few days after the update - was going down to 15% in one day. Today, at 78% after 14 hours. Back to normal.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got this update on my S3 Classic, only listed one change in the update message, extending vibration alerts to third party messaging apps.

That they don't fix the broken audio notifications for third party messaging apps is really frustrating.

Got the update too. Gear s3 classic
    D
    Deleted member 657471
    The update actually broke the voice to text fix they recently implemented, so now it's back to not recognizing anything at all.
    After this update my battery drained like crazy. It was dead before I got home today from work and im pretty sure I had about 70 percent yesterday and I also turn it off when i'm not using it.

Same here. **** samsung