S3 not getting 4.4.2 kitkat officially

Search This thread

ghostofcain

Nov 25, 2009
Birkenhead
Google Pixel 8
It's a very bad move from Samsung. The worst thing is that they have to lie about the reasons. That looks just soo bad. Why not come out and say dude if you want the newest and greatest get our new devices. No they have to say bla bla not enough ram ... very sorry... that's just the worst publicity especially when Google makes a statement about kitkat being designed especially for devices with low ram.... omg :D
Anyway im very happy with 4.3 and heavy tweaks. Very smooth, 3 days of battery life with the extended pack, fast. There is no reason to get a new phone just for 4.4.

Samsung haven't lied they have said, quite candidly imho, that they are having issues getting kitkat to run with the Samsung apps on 1Gb devices. Yes kk will run on 512mb but Samsung want you to take the whole experience or nothing.

Sent from my GT-I9300

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Why does everybody wants kitkat? Whats wrong with 4.3 for the S3? Its running smooth, good battery, phonecalls is working, wifi, whatsapp, good camera..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

Possibly your discussing this in the wrong place xda is a forum for hacking and molding devices, we tend to want to be at the cutting edge because we can.

Devs tend to take being told X won't run on Y as a challenge, look at the HTC touch HD.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Alexis46

Mar 22, 2014
Even with kit kat, the UI is still ugly thanks to that Touchwiz sh**t! And the changes are really not that big deal! I prefer CM11 even though there are some bygs I can live with.. I moved to CM11 from stock Rom since these problem with the 4.3 update! SAMSUNG? Never again...

abohsukampret

May 11, 2014
Surabaya
I had been waiting for KitKat since January, when 4.3 finally rolled out. Gotten increasingly frustrated by the way it behaved, though. I know there are ways to debloat the phone, but my level of knowledge isn't quite up there yet. xD So I decided to stop holding my breath and flashed my first custom ROM (Temasek's CM11) a few days ago. It was then I realized how boring TouchWiz really is.

Tl;dr - I have gotten so tired of waiting for the uncertainty, that this bad news almost feels like a relief to me :D

Bartuus

Mar 5, 2010
Warsaw
I'm very proud of xda community for 'our' kitkat, but i won't buy any other Sammy products if they can't make i9300 kitkat and xda community does it in 30 hours :cyclops:

Reactions: jayc137

nosediger

Nov 23, 2013
Samsung haven't lied they have said, quite candidly imho, that they are having issues getting kitkat to run with the Samsung apps on 1Gb devices. Yes kk will run on 512mb but Samsung want you to take the whole experience or nothing.

Sent from my GT-I9300

What do you mean by "the whole experience"?

Isn't AOSP and AOKP Kitkat runs well on S3?

And I thought the reason of no Kitkat on S3 as said by samsung was with only 1Gb of RAM, Galaxy s3 can't even install the Update, left alone any bug after the installation.

ghostofcain

Nov 25, 2009
Birkenhead
Google Pixel 8
What do you mean by "the whole experience"?

Isn't AOSP and AOKP Kitkat runs well on S3?

And I thought the reason of no Kitkat on S3 as said by samsung was with only 1Gb of RAM, Galaxy s3 can't even install the Update, left alone any bug after the installation.

Samsung would only have us kitkat if they can get Touchwiz , and all the associated crap, running as well as it stands they can't so no kk.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Oct 9, 2013
Just as fast as Samsung had a huge success with S3 and became leader amongst android brands, they pissed all of those people that make them rich. Not exactly a good move. Now just because of poor marketing decision (because RAM issue is bulls..t since new Ace style have KK and 512MB RAM), nobody's going to buy their s5. Like Nelson from Simpsons would say: Haaa... Haaa

Odesláno z mého GT-I8190N pomocí Tapatalk

Moster2

Apr 20, 2012
Just as fast as Samsung had a huge success with S3 and became leader amongst android brands, they pissed all of those people that make them rich. Not exactly a good move. Now just because of poor marketing decision (because RAM issue is bulls..t since new Ace style have KK and 512MB RAM), nobody's going to buy their s5. Like Nelson from Simpsons would say: Haaa... Haaa

"all" of those people. You mean butthurt people on xda. Most of the users dont even care.

Reactions: ghostofcain

jackq

Mar 1, 2012
B-B
I don't care that Samsung will release KK for our S3 or not. From time of purchase I use CM so I don't need to update their crappy software.
Next phone was going to be S5 but when i see One Plus One specs i want it damnably :p

ghostofcain

Nov 25, 2009
Birkenhead
Google Pixel 8

I'm sure the 10 million s5's they sold in 25 days will tide them over.

And can people please realise Samsung won't give us Kitkat without the bloat, yes vanilla kitkat will run on 512mb, but Samsung have no interest in serving vanilla kk.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Oct 9, 2013
I'm sure the 10 million s5's they sold in 25 days will tide them over.

And can people please realise Samsung won't give us Kitkat without the bloat, yes vanilla kitkat will run on 512mb, but Samsung have no interest in serving vanilla kk.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Well we don't need vanilla, they could give us same TouchWiz runing on Ace Style (TouchWiz Essence UI)

aaa

Sep 7, 2003
Well..I saw that miles away and am not surprised.
Samsung prefer spending efforts to sell the new phones instead of doing works for older ones.

Glad that we always have other devs to cover this part :)

I am happy at the moment with Ehndroix's kitkat (CM-based ROM)

I am trying to make my pick of a new phone already anyway but still unsure which one to pick between Z2, One M8, 1+1, Note3 or G3. 1+1 wins my heart currently but I think that it will be hard to get.

Last edited:

ghostofcain

Nov 25, 2009
Birkenhead
Google Pixel 8
I am trying to make my pick of a new phone already anyway but still unsure which one to pick between Z2, One M8, 1+1, Note3 or G3. 1+1 wins my heart currently but I think that it will be hard to get.

Personally I'd be wary of HTC, similar fiasco over updates to DHD (which is my favourite smartphone todate) Note3 still giving your hard earned to Samsung. I also like 1+1 but carrier availability is likely to be scarce.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official news disappeared, both from Samsung UK and my local Samsug Poland. So there's a hope, just stay calm :).
    Can't imagine this is a great shock to many people here, tbh I've given up expecting oems to update flag ship devices after 18 months (had a HTC Desire hd previously with exactly this will they won't they fiasco).

Does make me wonder about buying a device with the extra future proofing of some extra ram ie Z2 or G3 for my next device.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Buy an iPhone, they sure get uipdates long beyond 18 months... ;)

I'm kidding. We're sensible people here. :laugh:
    It is coming up...Samsung will roll out 4.4.2 before july and stop support for s3 after that.
    At least we'll be getting a 4.4.2

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Source: my ass?
    kitkat-Update-status.jpg

source - here