S4 mini digitizer replacement issue

Search This thread

thetormentor77

Jan 9, 2016
Hi all, yesterday I replaced the digitizer on my son's s4 mini, first time I've attempted this, but seemed a fairly straightforward process, took the phone apart without issue, placed all the relevant parts into the new digitizer and reconnected everything, put the battery in and powered up the phone, and the screen seems corrupted, I've taken a picture to show the issue.

Any help that anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

88febdaa9d7781e81009269b10199f76.png

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca
Hi all, yesterday I replaced the digitizer on my son's s4 mini, first time I've attempted this, but seemed a fairly straightforward process, took the phone apart without issue, placed all the relevant parts into the new digitizer and reconnected everything, put the battery in and powered up the phone, and the screen seems corrupted, I've taken a picture to show the issue.

Any help that anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.
{...}

I wonder if a flex cable got partially torn in the process? I have never done such fine work, especially not to an S4 Mini, so I'm not aware of all the pitfalls.

Best of luck though! :)

thetormentor77

Jan 9, 2016
Nothing that I could see, I've checked all connections and cables 3 times, and they all seem fine, I have sent the ebay seller that I brought it from as I fear the screen is faulty, but as yet no reply, thanks for your message ?