• Jun 10, 2015
    Athens
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Xiaomi Poco F1
    Welcome to S4 Unified Collection!

STOCK ROM FIRMWARES ©️

[Check my Guides for Installation]
    You can find the latest Stock ROM Firmware for your S4 variant below:

• GT-I9295 (jactivelte): I9295XXSDQD6 / Build Date: 2017-04-20 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
    • GT-I9500 (ja3gxx): I9500XXUHQD1 / Build Date: 2017-04-25 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
    • GT-I9505 (jfltexx): I9505XXUHQK1 / Build Date: 2017-11-09 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
    • GT-I9505G (jgedlte): I9505GUEUDPF1 / Build Date: 2016-05-13 / OS: Lollipop 5.1.1
    • GT-I9506 (ks01lte): I9506XXUDRB1 / Build Date: 2018-02-15 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
    • GT-I9515 (jfvelte): I9515XXS1BQD2 / Build Date: 2017-04-17 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
    • GT-I9515L (jfvelte): I9515LUBU1BQF1 / Build Date: 2017-06-08 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
    • SCH-I545 (jfltevzw): VERIZON USERS: since your bootloader is locked, you must be on the VRUAMDK
    • SCH-I545L (jfltelra): I545LWWSGQA1 / Build Date: 2017-01-05 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
    • SCH-R970 (jflteusc): R970TYSGPL1 / Build Date: 2016-12-02 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
    • SCH-R970C (jfltecri): R970CVRUFND1 / Build Date: 2014-04-11 / OS: KitKat 4.4.2
    • SCH-R970X (jfltecsp): R970XWWSGQA1 / Build Date: 2017-01-05 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
    • SGH-I337 (jflteatt): AT&T USERS: since your bootloader is locked, you must be on the UCUAMDB or UCUAMDL
    • SGH-I337M (jftlecan): I337MVLSGQB1 / Build Date: 2017-02-09 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
    • SGH-M919 (jfltemo): M919UVSFQA1 / Build Date: 2017-01-04 / OS: KitKat 4.4.4
    • SM-S975L (TracFone-StraightTalk): S975LUDUANB1 / Build Date: 2014-02-04 / OS: Jelly Bean 4.3
    • SPH-L720 (jfltespr): L720VPSGPL1 / Build Date: 2016-12-20 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1

MODEMS & BOOTLOADERS ©️

You can find the latest Bootloader & Modem for your S4 variant below:

TWRP Recovery 🛠️

The list below contains the variants which can use the latest Official TWRP Recovery or JDCTeam TWRP Recovery:

• GT-I9505 (jfltexx)
    • GT-I9505G (jgedlte)
    • GT-I9507 (jtfddxx)
    • GT-I9508 (jfltezm)
    • SCH-I545 (jfltevzw)
    • SCH-I545L (jfltelra)
    • SCH-R970 - jflteusc
    • SCH-R970C (jfltecri)
    • SCH-R970X (jfltecsp)
    • SGH-I337M (jftlecan)
    • SGH-M919 (jfltemo)
    • SM-S975L (TracFone-StraightTalk)
    • SPH-L720 (jfltespr)
    The list below contains the variants which need a specific TWRP Recovery version:

GAPPS 🤖

Note: You should always use Pico or Nano GApps, be sure you have selected Platform: ARM and the proper Android version of the ROM you are going to flash. If the ROM you want to flash include GApps, no need to download and flash any GApps at all.

MAGISK ROOT SOLUTION 🔰

You can check my Guides for installation.

PIT FILES 💾

Note: If you messed the partitions of your device, you can fix it by simply flashing the PIT FILE for your variant via Odin in the PIT TAB.

The list below contains PIT FILES for some variants:

SAMSUNG USB DRIVER 💿

Note: If you have a problem while you connect the device to your PC and PC can't recognize it, you may miss the Samsung USB DRIVER. To fix follow these steps:

1. Download SAMSUNG USB DRIVER.
    2. Unzip it and install it to your PC.
    3. Connect your device and done! Now should be ok.

ODIN 💻

You can download ODIN HERE. Recommened version is Odin 3.12.3

USEFUL APPS 🎯

Check the Privacy & Security section in my Guides
    If for some reason you can't find/install an app on Google Play Store due country restrictions or anything, you can sideload the app from APKMirror.
    • Adaway: Open Source ad blocker for Android using the hosts file.
    • Aegis Authenticator: Aegis Authenticator is a free, secure and open source app for Android to manage your 2-step verification tokens for your online services.
    • Brave Browser: Open Source Privacy Browser with built-in adblock.
    • Bromite: Bromite is a open source Chromium fork with ad blocking and enhanced privacy.
    • Device Info HW: A hardware and software information app for Android devices.
    • FairEmail: Fully featured, open source, privacy oriented email app.
    • Franco Kernel Manager: Complete toolbox for all devices with a rich feature set aimed for ease of use to supercharge your kernel.
    • KeepassDX: KeePassDX is a free open source password manager for Android, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way.
    • MiXplorer: Fully-featured File Manager.
    • NewPipe: Open Source Youtube alternative platform without ads.
    • Shade Launcher: Make your phone feel like home. Free, open source, no ads.
    • Signal: Signal is a free and open source software application for Android, iOS and Desktop that employs end-to-end encryption , allowing users to send end-to-end encrypted group, text, picture, and audio & video messages, and have encrypted phone conversations between Signal users.
    • Simple Mobile Tools: A group of simple, open source Android apps without ads and unnecessary permissions, with customizable widgets.
    • SysLog: Open Source tool for quickly taking and sharing system logs.
    • Today Weather: Today Weather is a beautiful & simple-to-use weather app that provides the world's most accurate local weather forecasts.
    • Youtube Vanced: Vanced is a well known modded version of YouTube with many features such as adblocking, background playback and many many more.

RECOMMENDED ROMS ⚡

Recommend ROMs for the variants below, are Official LineageOS 18.1 or any of JDCTeam ROMs with tags [LIVE] [STABLE] [DAILY]
    • GT-I9505 (jfltexx)
    • GT-I9505G (jgedlte)
    • GT-I9507 (jtfddxx)
    • GT-I9508 (jfltezm)
    • GT-I9515 (jfvelte)
    • GT-I9515L (jfvelte)
    • SCH-I545 (jfltevzw) VERIZON USERS: since your bootloader is locked, you must be on the VRUAMDK
    • SCH-I545L (jfltelra)
    • SCH-R970 - jflteusc
    • SCH-R970C (jfltecri)
    • SCH-R970X (jfltecsp)
    • SGH-I337 (jflteatt) AT&T USERS: since your bootloader is locked, you must be on the UCUAMDB or UCUAMDL
    • SGH-I337M (jftlecan)
    • SGH-M919 (jfltemo)
    • SPH-L720 (jfltespr)
    Recommened ROMs for the variants below are:

JDCTeam Universe 🪐

Here you can find the work of JDCTeam over the years for our S4 device!

⬇️

Last edited:

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
  • Jun 10, 2015
    Athens
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Xiaomi Poco F1
    WELCOME TO S4 UNIFIED GUIDES

!DISCLAIMER!
    Most people I know (including myself) who used my Guides and steps, did that with success many times. If you don't follow exactly the steps or you do a mistake during the process, I do not take any responsibility for any unexpected results or damage that may happen. However I am here to help if something goes wrong, just ask in the thread.

INSTALL BOOTLOADER & MODEM📡

You can flash Bootloader & Modem two methods:
    Combined: [Recommended]
    1. Download Odin and the COMBINED BOOTLOADER _MODEM.tar to your PC. [You can find everything in my Collection]
    2. Reboot your device to Download Mode by pressing Power Button + Vol.down + Home Button and run Odin from your PC as administrator.
    3. Put the COMBINED BOOTLOADER_MODEM.tar to AP section, untick Auto-Reboot, flash!
    4. When It's done, reboot your device by pressing Power Button for couple of seconds.

Seperate:
    1. Download Odin, the BOOTLOADER.tar and MODEM .tar to your PC. [You can find everything in my Collection]
    2. Reboot your device to Download Mode by pressing Power Button + Vol.down + Home Button and run Odin from your PC as administrator
    3. Put the BOOTLOADER to BL section and MODEM to CP section, untick Auto-Reboot and flash!
    4. When It's done, reboot your device by pressing Power Button for couple of seconds.

Notes:

• Check what version of Modem and Bootloader you have with apps like Device Info HW.
      If Modem & Bootloader didn't changed to the version you wanted, do the same steps again with the method you have selected.

• If for some reason Odin failed to flash, make sure your run Odin as adminstrator, try to change USB Port in your PC and don't move the cable during flash. Also if you have Odin and the files on an External hard drive, move Odin and all the files you want to flash, into one folder to your Main Drive for example C: drive.

• For Stock Rom to have your WiFi working you need to have the same version of Modem/BL as your Firmware. For example if you have QK1 Stock ROM then you need to have QK1 Modem/Bootloader. On Custom ROMs doesn't matter. You can have any Modem/BL of your variant you want but recommend is always the latest.

INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY 🛠️

• ODIN Method (No TWRP Recovery currently installed)
      1. Download Odin and the .tar file of the TWRP to your PC. [You can find everything in my
      Collection]
      2. Reboot to Download Mode by pressing Power Button + Vol.Down + Home Button.
      3. Run Odin as adminstrator > connect your device to PC > put the .tar file of TWRP in AP section > untick Auto-Reboot in options and flash.
      4. Done! Restart to TWRP Recovery. (power button+vol.up+home button)

• Recovery Method (TWRP Recovery already installed)
      1. Download .img of TWRP Recovery. [You can find everything in my
      Collection]
      2. Reboot to Recovery by holding Power Button + Volume Up (+).
      3. Press Install Image.
      4. Locate the recovery.img you recently downloaded.
      5. Select it and choose the option Recovery and Flash.
      6. Go back and Reboot to Recovery.
      7. Done! Your new recovery should be installed.

MAGISK ROOT SOLUTION 🔰

The easiest way to root your device is via Magisk, it should work in all ROMs, Stock and Customs.
    Install
    Magisk:

1. Install latest TWRP Recovery. [Read the Install Custom Recovery Guide above]
    2. Download the Magisk [You can find it in my Collection]
    3. Reboot to TWRP Recovery by pressing Power Button + Volume Up (+) and flash it.
    4. Reboot and check whether the Magisk app is installed. If it isn’t installed automatically, manually install the APK. [You can find it in my Collection]
    Note: From Official TWRP Recovery 3.5.1 and onward (and other recoveries based on that), Magisk.apk can be flashed as apk without the need of rename it to .zip. So you can simply flash the Magisk.apk in TWRP.
    Manually Creation of Flashable Zip:
    Download the latest Magisk APK and rename the Magisk.apk → Magisk..zip.

Uninstall Magisk:
    • Flash the Uninstall.zip in TWRP Recovery and reboot. [You can find it my Collection]
      If Magisk App isn’t uninstalled automatically, manually uninstall the app.
      Manually creation of Flashable Uninstall Zip:
      Download the latest Magisk APK and rename the Magisk.apk → uninstall.zip

• Uninstall Magisk directly through the Magisk app. Simply press the Uninstall button.

BATTERY TIPS 🔋

Steps:
    1. Discharge your phone fully until it turns itself off.
    2. Turn it on again and let it turn itself off.
    3. Plug your phone into a charger and, without turning it on, let it charge until the on-screen or LED indicator says 100 percent.
    4. Turn your phone on. It's likely that the battery indicator won't say 100 percent, so plug the charger back in (leave your phone on) and continue charging until it says 100 percent on-screen as well.
    5. Unplug your phone and restart it. If it doesn't say 100 percent, plug the charger back in until it says 100 percent on screen.
    6. Repeat this cycle until it says 100 percent (or as close as you think it's going to get) when you start it up without it being plugged in.

• Overheating

Following reasons will lead to device heating issue:
    • During the initial setup after purchase or when restoring data.
    • Downloading large files.
    • Using apps that require more power or using apps for extended periods such as:
    • Playing high-quality games for long time.
    • Recording videos for extended periods.
    • Streaming videos while using the maximum brightness setting.
    • Using the Screen Mirroring / Smart View feature (connecting mobile to a TV).
    • While multitasking or when running many apps in the background i.e:
    • Using Multi window.
    • Updating or installing apps while recording videos.
    • Downloading large files during a video call.
    • Recording videos while using a navigation app.
    • Large amount of data for syncing with the cloud, email, or other accounts.
    • Exposing device under sunlight when temperature is high around you.
    • Extensive usage of mobile hotspot and tethering feature.
    • Using device in areas with weak signals or no reception or in roaming network.
    • Charging the battery with a damaged / unapproved USB cable.
    • Device's multipurpose jack is damaged or exposed to foreign materials, such as liquid, dust, metal powder, and pencil lead.
    Solution:
    Turn off Wi-fi, GPS , bluetooth and other connectivity options when not in use by dragging the notification panel.
    Decrease screen brightness.
    Close background running applications.
    Too many applications installed in device may result in device heating since their corresponding process will keep on running in background. It is advised to uninstall un-necessary apps if not using them.
    Avoid using apps like GPS, data dependent apps or graphic intensive games for longer duration since they require more energy to function, causing device to heat.
    It is advised not to use device while charging as it may cause the device to over heat.

• General:
    DO:
    • Use manual brightness or dim the screen.
    • Turn off notifications for apps you don't use. Better still, delete/disable the apps entirely if you don't need them.
    • Enable battery or power saving mode when you want to extend your battery life.
    • Use the power adapter that came with your phone. Other chargers can charge slowly/faster but they can also damage your phone or battery.
    • Turn off bluetooth, location tracking, and Wi-Fi (unless you are actively using it)
    • Turn off print services from bluetooth connection preferences.
    • Avoid extremes of heat and cold. If your phone gets very hot or cold it can strain the battery and shorten it's lifespan.
    DON'T:
    • Have Bluetooth or Wi-Fi turned on constantly.
    • Leave apps running in the background. Instead restrict background usage off apps that you don't need running.
    • Push email means your device is always listening for new email which drains alot of battery.
    • Drain your phone battery all the way to 0% or charging it all the way to 100%. Keep it between 20% - 90% for longer battery lifespan.
    • The more advanced the graphics and animations are (games, videos, photos, animations), the harder the processor and graphics chip in your smartphone have to work. More activity means more battery use.

PRIVACY & SECURITY 👮‍♂️

Some useful links:
    General:
    • Always prefer Open Source or well popular Programs, Apps, ROMs, Kernels & Stuff.
      Open Source doesn't mean it's 100% safe but it's unlikely to have something suspicious, since you and other users can check the code in GitHub or in any other code hosting platform the "stuff" is hosted.

• Prefer ROMs & Kernels with SELinux Enforcing. You can find informations here.

• Always download and install Apps, Programs, ROMs & Stuff from official sources and do not use redirection links from different sites. Google is your friend to find the official source of the stuff you want.

• Always check the permissions an app requires, before download and install it to your device. If an app ask for permissions which has nothing to do with the app functionality then it's should be reconsider or ask the developer why these permissions needed.

• For Windows use the default Windows Defender & Malwarebytes to scan your files whenever you want (Prefered before open or install them). Also use the addon/extension uBlock Origin in your Browser. These should be enough for normal users.
      For Android Do not use any antivirus - antimalware since it's useless, just check what apps and from where you installing.

• Always verify the source of addons/extensions in your browser. Avoid installing random and unpopular addons/extensions. Keep it minimal and clean, so browser can be fast and safe, no need bunch of extensions.

• If you are using VPN, always check the terms and rules of the provider. Avoid random VPN Services.
      Recommended VPN Services.
      Using a VPN will not keep your browsing habits anonymous, nor will it add additional security to non-secure (HTTP) traffic.

• Always use unique and strong passwords for each of your accounts.
      Use awarded open source Password Managers like KeePass or KeePassXC for Desktop and KeePassDX for Android to manage your passwords and have them with you safe, encrypted and secure. Must be noted you can use the same database file between these programs.

• Always enable 2 Step Authentication wherever is available for your accounts.
      You can use apps like
      Aegis Authenticator.

• Do not open or click on links attached in unknown emails you may get. Always check the adress of the email and verify it's legit from the official source.

• Create and use "burned" email for accounts/sites you have concerns but you definitely want to try them. Do not use your personal or business email.

CLEAN INSTALL CUSTOM ROM ⚡

1. Backup all your data to PC or to external SDCard. [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost on step 7 while Formating Data or Wiping Internal Storage]
    2. Install the latest Bootloader & Modem for your S4 variant.
    [Read the Install Bootloader & Modem Guide above]
    3. Download:
    [You can find everything in my Collection]
    • TWRP Recovery.
    • Custom ROM of your choice
    • GApps (be sure you have selected Platform: ARM and the proper Android version of the ROM you are going to flash) if the ROM you are going to flash does not include. [Optional]
    • Magisk Root Solution [Optional]
    4. Move all these files in one folder to your Internal Storage or to External SDCard if you have.
    5. Install TWRP Recovery.
    [Read the Install Custom Recovery Guide above]
    6. Turn off your device and Reboot to Recovery Power Button + Volume Up (+)
    7. Installation:
    Steps without external SDCard:

• Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe
    • Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe.
    • Flash ROM > GApps [Optional] > Magisk [Optional]
    • Go back and select Wipe > Format Data > type yes [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
    • Reboot Enjoy!
    Steps with external SDCard:
    • go to Advanced > File Manager > External_SD and delete all folders in ur ext sd card (For example you should delete: Android, .android_secure, LOST.DIR, DCIM, etc) except your personal files/folders and the folder with your custom ROM/Gapps/Magisk/DFE you want to flash.
      Each app on your phone with the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission may create files or folders in ur sdcard. Most of these folders have once been created by one of these apps and many of them may be deleted with a few exceptions (e.g. Android, .data, .android_secure, these contain important system or app data like a game's downloaded content):
      .android_secure: apps installed and then moved to sdcard
      Android: app data/cache
      data: app data
      .estrongs: ES file manager
      LOST.DIR: sort of trash folder (collects recovered files after phone crashes)
      DCIM: phone gallery's photos and previews
      OTA-update: Over The Air update service
      ppy_cross: an unknown third-party app's data.

So I recommend to delete them so you can put your phone/sdcard in a clean state and is guaranteed to be able to re-create these folders.
    • Select Advanced Wipe
    • Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe. [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
    • Go back and select Wipe > Format Data > type yes [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
    • Reboot Enjoy!

DIRTY INSTALL YOUR CUSTOM ROM 📲

Note: Before you start flashing, keep in mind the ROM you dirty flashing MUST be the same with the one you have already installed.
    1. Make a full nandroid backup, just in case something goes wrong. You can use TWRP to do that. (TWRP > Backup > Select everything)
    [Optional]
    2. Remove all Magisk modules. [Optional]
    3. Reboot to TWRP and Wipe Dalvik / ART Cache, System and Cache.
    4. Flash the ROM > GApps [Optional] > Magisk [Optional]
    5. Reboot and Enjoy!
    I've skipped some explanations, because if you are going to dirty flash, you already know for example how to boot to TWRP.

CLEAN INSTALL OFFICIAL STOCK ROM ©️

Note:
    For Stock Rom to have your WiFi working you need to have the same version of Modem/BL as your Firmware. For example if you have QK1 Stock ROM then you need to have QK1 Modem/Bootloader. On Custom ROMs doesn't matter. You can have any Modem/BL of your variant you want but recommend is always the latest.

1. Download the latest stock ROM (Firmware), Modem & Bootloader for your variant, TWRP Recovery (.tar file) and ODIN to your PC. [You can find everything in my
    Collection]
    2. Install TWRP Recovery [Read the Install Custom Recovery Guide above]
    3. Reboot to TWRP Recovery and Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe
    4. Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Cache, External SDCard (if you have) and then Swipe to Wipe.
    5. Go back and select Wipe > Format Data > type yes [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
    6. Reboot to Download Mode Power by pressing Power Button + Vol.Down + Home Button
    7. Run Odin as adminstrator from your PC > connect your device > put the Stock Rom (Firmware) file to AP section and flash it!
    8. Let the ROM boot.
    9. Install the same version of Bootloader & Modem as your Firmware. [Read the Install Bootloader & Modem Guide above]
    10. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
  • Jun 10, 2015
    Athens
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Xiaomi Poco F1
    New Update: 19/04/2021
    Changelog:

• Added MindTheGapps link.
    • Updated Magisk links for ready .zips to Magisk 22.1 (Gradually I will stop making .zips since the .apk of Magisk can be flashed directly as it is, in latest Official TWRP and other recoveries based on that).
    • Simplified the Magisk Guide.
    • Added a link to Privacy & Security section for Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) and link to AM I FloCed? by EFF to check if your Chrome browser has been turned into a guinea pig for Federated Learning of Cohorts or FLoC, Google’s latest targeted advertising experiment.
    • Some other minor changes I don't remember.

New Update: 27/02/2021
    Changelog:

• Added Changelog Tracking at #3 post
    • Added Privacy & Security section in Guides.
    • Added a Note to check Privacy & Security Guide at Useful Apps section in Collection.
    • Added Flashable Zips for Install & Uninstall Magisk in Collection.
    • Updated the Magisk Guide methods.
    • Reordered the sections in Guides.

New Update: 28/01/2021
    Changelog:

• Initial release

Last edited:

R_A_N_D_Y

Jan 10, 2021
    Hi guys,

I can't manage to install the Bootloader & Modem via Odin on my phone.
    Does the phone need to be already rooted in order to install the B&M?

Attached is also the capture I took when rebooting the phone in Download mode.
    I selected "reboot to bootloader" in order to install the B&M, because otherwise Odin won't detect that the phone is connected to the PC. Probably I'm doing something wrong.

Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

20210206_162039.jpg

Last edited:

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
    I'n not 100% sure, but I think no

The picture shows your device in recovery

I selected "reboot to bootloader"
    How did you do that? I'm not aware of such a reboot option.

You should boot into download mode (see above for how to). It should look like attached picture 1

In Odin, before you start flashing, you should see a success message "<ID ... Added!! If not, you should check if you have all required driver installed for your device.
    Odin-Dowload-Mode.jpgOdin Connection.png

R_A_N_D_Y

Jan 10, 2021
    I'n not 100% sure, but I think no

The picture shows your device in recovery

How did you do that? I'm not aware of such a reboot option.

You should boot into download mode (see above for how to). It should look like attached picture 1

In Odin, before you start flashing, you should see a success message "<ID ... Added!! If not, you should check if you have all required driver installed for your device.
    View attachment 5212215View attachment 5212217

Thank you very much !

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
  • Jun 10, 2015
    Athens
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Xiaomi Poco F1
    Hi guys,

I selected "reboot to bootloader" in order to install the B&M, because otherwise Odin won't detect that the phone is connected to the PC. Probably I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.
    No need root.
    • Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers in your PC. (You can find it in my collection)
    • Download the Combined Bootloader & Modem for your variant from my collection.
    • Turn off your device.
    • Reboot your device to Download Mode by pressing Power Button + Vol.down + Home Button and run Odin from your PC as administrator.
    • Put the COMBINED BOOTLOADER_MODEM.tar to AP section, untick Auto-Reboot in options and flash!
    • When It's done, reboot your device by pressing Power Button for couple of seconds.

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
  • Jun 10, 2015
    Athens
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Xiaomi Poco F1
    New Update:
    Changelog:
    • Added a Note to check Privacy & Security Guide at Useful Apps section in Collection.
    • Updated the Magisk Guide and added Flashable Zip method.

Last edited:

hermes127

Feb 7, 2021
    Hi Retrial, first of all this is a really useful post thank you so much!
    I just bought a brand new S4 GT-I9505 and I used the latest TWRP in your post wich is twrp-3.5.1_9-0-jflte.img.tar for flashing lineage-17.1-20210116-UNOFFICIAL-jflte.zip and I have some question if you are so kind to aswer me:
    I want to update the firmware so I downloaded the last one for Italy from Updato.com which is I9505XXUHPK2 (Genuary 2017) and I would like to know if is a good idea to flash it with Odin and if I have to fresh re-installing Lineage. Then I would like to know if after updating the firmware I can update only XXUHQC1_BOOTLOADER and XXUHQC1_COMBINED which are the international versions and obviously the most recent versions.
    Do you think is possible? Thanks in advance. Kind Regards

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
  • Jun 10, 2015
    Athens
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Xiaomi Poco F1
    I just bought a brand new S4 GT-I9505 and I used the latest TWRP in your post wich is twrp-3.5.1_9-0-jflte.img.tar for flashing lineage-17.1-20210116-UNOFFICIAL-jflte.zip and I have some question if you are so kind to aswer me:
    I want to update the firmware so I downloaded the last one for Italy from Updato.com which is I9505XXUHPK2 (Genuary 2017) and I would like to know if is a good idea to flash it with Odin and if I have to fresh re-installing Lineage. Then I would like to know if after updating the firmware I can update only XXUHQC1_BOOTLOADER and XXUHQC1_COMBINED which are the international versions and obviously the most recent versions.
    Hello,

If you flash firmware u need to reflash lineageos from start along with twrp. U can only do it via Odin.
    Btw use the latest for your variant from my collection. Doesn't matter the country.
    Flashing firmware=flashing stock rom. Why u want to do that if u are already in los?

You can flash bootloader and modem seperate yes (but I recommend to use my combined .tar which include both of them), without the need to flash everything again. Just go to Odin and flash the combined .tar I have made to AP. Once again, all the latest versions are included in my collection, doesn't matter the country so just use them.

All the infos and steps you need are in my collection and guides. Let me know if you have more questions.

Reactions: pocketrule

hermes127

Feb 7, 2021
    Flashing firmware=flashing stock rom. Why u want to do that if u are already in los?
    Hi thanks for your fast response! I want to flash an updated firmware because my S4 GT-I9505 is new and probably from an old stock so the firmware is for sure the old one (2013-2014) ,right now in lineage os in setting/info I can't see the current version of baseband. I don't care if I have to re-install Lineage and the recovery, I had to do it before installing Lineage, I know I forgot it... but I wanted just to know if is possible to do now without breaking something. Now you say that it doesn't make sense and that is better to just flash your combined Modem and Bottloader package, is it correct? What's your advice: installing your last complete firmware or just the combined Bootloader and Modem package? I red somewhere in this forum that it's better to update the firmware before installing lineage so I wanted to do the installation again in the right way. Sorry if it's an annoying question I'm not an expert and I want just to be sure. Thank you so much for your support.

Kippy51

Mar 11, 2015
    Haren (Ems)
    Hi thanks for your fast response! I want to flash an updated firmware because my S4 GT-I9505 is new and probably from an old stock so the firmware is for sure the old one (2013-2014) ,right now in lineage os in setting/info I can't see the current version of baseband. I don't care if I have to re-install Lineage and the recovery, I had to do it before installing Lineage, I know I forgot it... but I wanted just to know if is possible to do now without breaking something. Now you say that it doesn't make sense and that is better to just flash your combined Modem and Bottloader package, is it correct? What's your advice: installing your last complete firmware or just the combined Bootloader and Modem package? I red somewhere in this forum that it's better to update the firmware before installing lineage so I wanted to do the installation again in the right way. Sorry if it's an annoying question I'm not an expert and I want just to be sure. Thank you so much for your support.
    Just follow what Retrial said; flashing his combo-file will accomplish what you want. Starting from scratch like you wanna do isn't any better.
    I flashed bootloaders and modems so often, I can't even remember. Flashing stock firmware? Maybe once!

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
  • Jun 10, 2015
    Athens
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Xiaomi Poco F1
    Firmware=Stock Samsung ROM. Firmware does not include Modem & Bootloader. So even if u flash Firmware u have to also flash Bootloader & Modem.

Now you say that u are on lineageos, I don't know what version you are but you can flash via Odin the combined .tar file which include Bootloader & Modem and then clean install via TWRP the latest LineageOS along with latest GApps if you use.

If you want to start from scratch-fresh then follow my Guides: "Clean Install Official Stock ROM" and then the guide "Clean Install Custom ROM".
    With few words: go to TWRP wipe everything, the connect ur device to PC and flash via Odin the latest Firmware (stock ROM). Let it boot and then flash via Odin the latest Bootloader & Modem. Then flash TWRP and clean install the latest LineageOS with GApps (optional).

Everything you need is on my collection and all steps in my guides. Since u have i9505 variant you need the latest Firmware/Modem & Bootloader which is I9505XXUHQK1.

Let me know how it goes or if you have any other questions.

hermes127

Feb 7, 2021

Firmware=Stock Samsung ROM. Firmware does not include Modem & Bootloader. So even if u flash Firmware u have to also flash Bootloader & Modem.

Now you say that u are on lineageos, I don't know what version you are but you can flash via Odin the combined .tar file which include Bootloader & Modem and then clean install via TWRP the latest LineageOS along with latest GApps if you use.

If you want to start from scratch-fresh then follow my Guides: "Clean Install Official Stock ROM" and then the guide "Clean Install Custom ROM".
    With few words: go to TWRP wipe everything, the connect ur device to PC and flash via Odin the latest Firmware (stock ROM). Let it boot and then flash via Odin the latest Bootloader & Modem. Then flash TWRP and clean install the latest LineageOS with GApps (optional).

Everything you need is on my collection and all steps in my guides. Since u have i9505 variant you need the latest Firmware/Modem & Bootloader which is I9505XXUHQK1.

Let me know how it goes or if you have any other questions.
    Wow your instructions are absolutely detailed and useful, thank you so much Retrial for your support.! I'll opt for the "start from scratch-fresh" install by following your guides. If I can take advantage of your competence I would like to ask you just one last advice: I switched to Lineage OS for privacy reasons (I don't like google so I don't need GApps) and I also use it for sharing internet to my MacBook Pro with USB tethering (not wifi tethering which is not safe for privacy) so do you think that the Optimized Lineage OS (Android 10) version from JDCTeam is the right version for me? May I use the Android 11 version? Probably I'm asking you to much things and I can understand if you can't answer me, you have been really kind and I really appreciated your help. Anyway I'll post here my experience with "start from scratch-fresh instal" .

Reactions: Retrial

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
  • Jun 10, 2015
    Athens
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Xiaomi Poco F1
    Wow your instructions are absolutely detailed and useful, thank you so much Retrial for your support.! I'll opt for the "start from scratch-fresh" install by following your guides. If I can take advantage of your competence I would like to ask you just one last advice: I switched to Lineage OS for privacy reasons (I don't like google so I don't need GApps) and I also use it for sharing internet to my MacBook Pro with USB tethering (not wifi tethering which is not safe for privacy) so do you think that the Optimized Lineage OS (Android 10) version from JDCTeam is the right version for me? May I use the Android 11 version? Probably I'm asking you to much things and I can understand if you can't answer me, you have been really kind and I really appreciated your help. Anyway I'll post here my experience with "start from scratch-fresh instal" .
    Don't worry mate, ask whatever you want. I will help if I can.:)

Optimized LineageOS 10 is great but it's EOL (end of life). Optimized LineageOS 11 is also great and it's currently under development.

But since you are looking for privacy & security it's better to use Official LOS with guarantee monthly security patches cause lately optimized los stays a bit behind on updates. (Dev is busy) Soon official 11 will also be released.

Last edited:

hermes127

Feb 7, 2021
    Don't worry mate, ask whatever you want. I will help if I can.:)

Optimized LineageOS 10 is great but it's EOL (end of life). Optimized LineageOS 11 is also great and it's currently under development.

But since you are looking for privacy & security it's better to use Official LOS with guarantee monthly security patches cause lately optimized los stays a bit behind on updates. (Dev is busy) Soon official 11 will also be released.
    Ok thank you, I'll follow your advice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Just follow what Retrial said; flashing his combo-file will accomplish what you want. Starting from scratch like you wanna do isn't any better.
      I flashed bootloaders and modems so often, I can't even remember. Flashing stock firmware? Maybe once!
      Changelog:
      • Updated Magisk links for ready .zips to Magisk 22.1 (Gradually I will stop making .zips since the .apk of Magisk can be flashed directly as it is, in latest Official TWRP and other recoveries based on that).
      • Added a link to Privacy & Security section for Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) and link to AM I FloCed? by EFF to check if your Chrome browser has been turned into a guinea pig for Federated Learning of Cohorts or FLoC, Google’s latest targeted advertising experiment.
      Thank you. If you become aware of any work arounds please let me know.
      It's a phone that is expendable now🤣
      I know there is a workound for S4 AT&T on specific firmware with locki patched TWRP but I don't think it's exist anything for ur S4 active at&t. I will let u know if I find anything.
      Anything for the AT&T S4 Active (+) variant?
      I think ur variant has locked bootloader so I don't know if anything exist.
      Hello,

If you flash firmware u need to reflash lineageos from start along with twrp. U can only do it via Odin.
      Btw use the latest for your variant from my collection. Doesn't matter the country.

You can flash bootloader and modem seperate yes (but I recommend to use my combined .tar which include both of them), without the need to flash everything again. Just go to Odin and flash the combined .tar I have made to AP. Once again, all the latest versions are included in my collection, doesn't matter the country so just use them.

All the infos and steps you need are in my collection and guides. Let me know if you have more questions.
      Welcome to S4 Unified Collection!

STOCK ROM FIRMWARES ©️

You can find the latest Stock ROM Firmware for your S4 variant below:

• GT-I9295 (jactivelte): I9295XXSDQD6 / Build Date: 2017-04-20 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
      • GT-I9500 (ja3gxx): I9500XXUHQD1 / Build Date: 2017-04-25 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
      • GT-I9505 (jfltexx): I9505XXUHQK1 / Build Date: 2017-11-09 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
      • GT-I9505G (jgedlte): I9505GUEUDPF1 / Build Date: 2016-05-13 / OS: Lollipop 5.1.1
      • GT-I9506 (ks01lte): I9506XXUDRB1 / Build Date: 2018-02-15 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
      • GT-I9515 (jfvelte): I9515XXS1BQD2 / Build Date: 2017-04-17 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
      • GT-I9515L (jfvelte): I9515LUBU1BQF1 / Build Date: 2017-06-08 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
      • SCH-I545 (jfltevzw): VERIZON USERS: since your bootloader is locked, you must be on the VRUAMDK
      • SCH-I545L (jfltelra): I545LWWSGQA1 / Build Date: 2017-01-05 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
      • SCH-R970 (jflteusc): R970TYSGPL1 / Build Date: 2016-12-02 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
      • SCH-R970C (jfltecri): R970CVRUFND1 / Build Date: 2014-04-11 / OS: KitKat 4.4.2
      • SCH-R970X (jfltecsp): R970XWWSGQA1 / Build Date: 2017-01-05 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
      • SGH-I337 (jflteatt): AT&T USERS: since your bootloader is locked, you must be on the UCUAMDB or UCUAMDL
      • SGH-I337M (jftlecan): I337MVLSGQB1 / Build Date: 2017-02-09 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1
      • SGH-M919 (jfltemo): M919UVSFQA1 / Build Date: 2017-01-04 / OS: KitKat 4.4.4
      • SM-S975L (TracFone-StraightTalk): S975LUDUANB1 / Build Date: 2014-02-04 / OS: Jelly Bean 4.3
      • SPH-L720 (jfltespr): L720VPSGPL1 / Build Date: 2016-12-20 / OS: Lollipop 5.0.1

MODEMS & BOOTLOADERS ©️

You can find the latest Bootloader & Modem for your S4 variant below:

TWRP Recovery 🛠️

The list below contains the variants which can use the latest Official TWRP Recovery or JDCTeam TWRP Recovery:

• GT-I9505 (jfltexx)
      • GT-I9505G (jgedlte)
      • GT-I9507 (jtfddxx)
      • GT-I9508 (jfltezm)
      • SCH-I545 (jfltevzw)
      • SCH-I545L (jfltelra)
      • SCH-R970 - jflteusc
      • SCH-R970C (jfltecri)
      • SCH-R970X (jfltecsp)
      • SGH-I337M (jftlecan)
      • SGH-M919 (jfltemo)
      • SPH-L720 (jfltespr)
      The list below contains the variants which need a specific TWRP Recovery version:

GAPPS 🤖

Note: You should always use Pico or Nano GApps, be sure you have selected Platform: ARM and the proper Android version of the ROM you are going to flash. If the ROM you want to flash include GApps, no need to download and flash any GApps at all.

MAGISK ROOT SOLUTION 🔰

You can check my Guides for installation.

PIT FILES 💾

Note: If you messed the partitions of your device, you can fix it by simply flashing the PIT FILE for your variant via Odin in the PIT TAB.

The list below contains PIT FILES for some variants:

SAMSUNG USB DRIVER 💿

Note: If you have a problem while you connect the device to your PC and PC can't recognize it, you may miss the Samsung USB DRIVER. To fix follow these steps:

1. Download SAMSUNG USB DRIVER.
      2. Unzip it and install it to your PC.
      3. Connect your device and done! Now should be ok.

ODIN 💻

You can download ODIN HERE. Recommened version is Odin 3.12.3

USEFUL APPS 🎯

Check the Privacy & Security section in my Guides
      If for some reason you can't find/install an app on Google Play Store due country restrictions or anything, you can sideload the app from APKMirror.
      • Adaway: Open Source ad blocker for Android using the hosts file.
      • Aegis Authenticator: Aegis Authenticator is a free, secure and open source app for Android to manage your 2-step verification tokens for your online services.
      • Brave Browser: Open Source Privacy Browser with built-in adblock.
      • Bromite: Bromite is a open source Chromium fork with ad blocking and enhanced privacy.
      • Device Info HW: A hardware and software information app for Android devices.
      • FairEmail: Fully featured, open source, privacy oriented email app.
      • Franco Kernel Manager: Complete toolbox for all devices with a rich feature set aimed for ease of use to supercharge your kernel.
      • KeepassDX: KeePassDX is a free open source password manager for Android, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way.
      • MiXplorer: Fully-featured File Manager.
      • NewPipe: Open Source Youtube alternative platform without ads.
      • Shade Launcher: Make your phone feel like home. Free, open source, no ads.
      • Signal: Signal is a free and open source software application for Android, iOS and Desktop that employs end-to-end encryption , allowing users to send end-to-end encrypted group, text, picture, and audio & video messages, and have encrypted phone conversations between Signal users.
      • Simple Mobile Tools: A group of simple, open source Android apps without ads and unnecessary permissions, with customizable widgets.
      • SysLog: Open Source tool for quickly taking and sharing system logs.
      • Today Weather: Today Weather is a beautiful & simple-to-use weather app that provides the world's most accurate local weather forecasts.
      • Youtube Vanced: Vanced is a well known modded version of YouTube with many features such as adblocking, background playback and many many more.

RECOMMENDED ROMS ⚡

Recommend ROMs for the variants below, are Official LineageOS 18.1 or any of JDCTeam ROMs with tags [LIVE] [STABLE] [DAILY]
      • GT-I9505 (jfltexx)
      • GT-I9505G (jgedlte)
      • GT-I9507 (jtfddxx)
      • GT-I9508 (jfltezm)
      • GT-I9515 (jfvelte)
      • GT-I9515L (jfvelte)
      • SCH-I545 (jfltevzw) VERIZON USERS: since your bootloader is locked, you must be on the VRUAMDK
      • SCH-I545L (jfltelra)
      • SCH-R970 - jflteusc
      • SCH-R970C (jfltecri)
      • SCH-R970X (jfltecsp)
      • SGH-I337 (jflteatt) AT&T USERS: since your bootloader is locked, you must be on the UCUAMDB or UCUAMDL
      • SGH-I337M (jftlecan)
      • SGH-M919 (jfltemo)
      • SPH-L720 (jfltespr)
      Recommened ROMs for the variants below are:

JDCTeam Universe 🪐

Here you can find the work of JDCTeam over the years for our S4 device!

⬇️
      WELCOME TO S4 UNIFIED GUIDES

!DISCLAIMER!
      Most people I know (including myself) who used my Guides and steps, did that with success many times. If you don't follow exactly the steps or you do a mistake during the process, I do not take any responsibility for any unexpected results or damage that may happen. However I am here to help if something goes wrong, just ask in the thread.

INSTALL BOOTLOADER & MODEM📡

You can flash Bootloader & Modem two methods:
      Combined: [Recommended]
      1. Download Odin and the COMBINED BOOTLOADER _MODEM.tar to your PC. [You can find everything in my Collection]
      2. Reboot your device to Download Mode by pressing Power Button + Vol.down + Home Button and run Odin from your PC as administrator.
      3. Put the COMBINED BOOTLOADER_MODEM.tar to AP section, untick Auto-Reboot, flash!

Seperate:
      1. Download Odin, the BOOTLOADER.tar and MODEM .tar to your PC. [You can find everything in my Collection]
      2. Reboot your device to Download Mode by pressing Power Button + Vol.down + Home Button and run Odin from your PC as administrator
      3. Put the BOOTLOADER to BL section and MODEM to CP section, untick Auto-Reboot and flash!

Notes:

• Check what version of Modem and Bootloader you have with apps like Device Info HW.
        If Modem & Bootloader didn't changed to the version you wanted, do the same steps again with the method you have selected.

• If for some reason Odin failed to flash, make sure your run Odin as adminstrator, try to change USB Port in your PC and don't move the cable during flash. Also if you have Odin and the files on an External hard drive, move Odin and all the files you want to flash, into one folder to your Main Drive for example C: drive.

• For Stock Rom to have your WiFi working you need to have the same version of Modem/BL as your Firmware. For example if you have QK1 Stock ROM then you need to have QK1 Modem/Bootloader. On Custom ROMs doesn't matter. You can have any Modem/BL of your variant you want but recommend is always the latest.

INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY 🛠️

• ODIN Method (No TWRP Recovery currently installed)
        1. Download Odin and the .tar file of the TWRP to your PC. [You can find everything in my
        Collection]
        2. Reboot to Download Mode by pressing Power Button + Vol.Down + Home Button.
        3. Run Odin as adminstrator > connect your device to PC > put the .tar file of TWRP in AP section > untick Auto-Reboot in options and flash.
        4. Done! Restart to TWRP Recovery. (power button+vol.up+home button)

• Recovery Method (TWRP Recovery already installed)
        1. Download .img of TWRP Recovery. [You can find everything in my
        Collection]
        2. Reboot to Recovery by holding Power Button + Volume Up (+).
        3. Press Install Image.
        4. Locate the recovery.img you recently downloaded.
        5. Select it and choose the option Recovery and Flash.
        6. Go back and Reboot to Recovery.
        7. Done! Your new recovery should be installed.

MAGISK ROOT SOLUTION 🔰

The easiest way to root your device is via Magisk, it should work in all ROMs, Stock and Customs.
      Install
      Magisk:

1. Install latest TWRP Recovery. [Read the Install Custom Recovery Guide above]
      2. Download the Magisk [You can find it in my Collection]
      3. Reboot to TWRP Recovery by pressing Power Button + Volume Up (+) and flash it.
      4. Reboot and check whether the Magisk app is installed. If it isn’t installed automatically, manually install the APK. [You can find it in my Collection]
      Note: From Official TWRP Recovery 3.5.1 and onward (and other recoveries based on that), Magisk.apk can be flashed as apk without the need of rename it to .zip. So you can simply flash the Magisk.apk in TWRP.
      Manually Creation of Flashable Zip:
      Download the latest Magisk APK and rename the Magisk.apk → Magisk..zip.

Uninstall Magisk:
      • Flash the Uninstall.zip in TWRP Recovery and reboot. [You can find it my Collection]
        If Magisk App isn’t uninstalled automatically, manually uninstall the app.
        Manually creation of Flashable Uninstall Zip:
        Download the latest Magisk APK and rename the Magisk.apk → uninstall.zip

• Uninstall Magisk directly through the Magisk app. Simply press the Uninstall button.

BATTERY TIPS 🔋

Steps:
      1. Discharge your phone fully until it turns itself off.
      2. Turn it on again and let it turn itself off.
      3. Plug your phone into a charger and, without turning it on, let it charge until the on-screen or LED indicator says 100 percent.
      4. Turn your phone on. It's likely that the battery indicator won't say 100 percent, so plug the charger back in (leave your phone on) and continue charging until it says 100 percent on-screen as well.
      5. Unplug your phone and restart it. If it doesn't say 100 percent, plug the charger back in until it says 100 percent on screen.
      6. Repeat this cycle until it says 100 percent (or as close as you think it's going to get) when you start it up without it being plugged in.

• Overheating

Following reasons will lead to device heating issue:
      • During the initial setup after purchase or when restoring data.
      • Downloading large files.
      • Using apps that require more power or using apps for extended periods such as:
      • Playing high-quality games for long time.
      • Recording videos for extended periods.
      • Streaming videos while using the maximum brightness setting.
      • Using the Screen Mirroring / Smart View feature (connecting mobile to a TV).
      • While multitasking or when running many apps in the background i.e:
      • Using Multi window.
      • Updating or installing apps while recording videos.
      • Downloading large files during a video call.
      • Recording videos while using a navigation app.
      • Large amount of data for syncing with the cloud, email, or other accounts.
      • Exposing device under sunlight when temperature is high around you.
      • Extensive usage of mobile hotspot and tethering feature.
      • Using device in areas with weak signals or no reception or in roaming network.
      • Charging the battery with a damaged / unapproved USB cable.
      • Device's multipurpose jack is damaged or exposed to foreign materials, such as liquid, dust, metal powder, and pencil lead.
      Solution:
      Turn off Wi-fi, GPS , bluetooth and other connectivity options when not in use by dragging the notification panel.
      Decrease screen brightness.
      Close background running applications.
      Too many applications installed in device may result in device heating since their corresponding process will keep on running in background. It is advised to uninstall un-necessary apps if not using them.
      Avoid using apps like GPS, data dependent apps or graphic intensive games for longer duration since they require more energy to function, causing device to heat.
      It is advised not to use device while charging as it may cause the device to over heat.

• General:
      DO:
      • Use manual brightness or dim the screen.
      • Turn off notifications for apps you don't use. Better still, delete/disable the apps entirely if you don't need them.
      • Enable battery or power saving mode when you want to extend your battery life.
      • Use the power adapter that came with your phone. Other chargers can charge slowly/faster but they can also damage your phone or battery.
      • Turn off bluetooth, location tracking, and Wi-Fi (unless you are actively using it)
      • Turn off print services from bluetooth connection preferences.
      • Avoid extremes of heat and cold. If your phone gets very hot or cold it can strain the battery and shorten it's lifespan.
      DON'T:
      • Have Bluetooth or Wi-Fi turned on constantly.
      • Leave apps running in the background. Instead restrict background usage off apps that you don't need running.
      • Push email means your device is always listening for new email which drains alot of battery.
      • Drain your phone battery all the way to 0% or charging it all the way to 100%. Keep it between 20% - 90% for longer battery lifespan.
      • The more advanced the graphics and animations are (games, videos, photos, animations), the harder the processor and graphics chip in your smartphone have to work. More activity means more battery use.

PRIVACY & SECURITY 👮‍♂️

Some useful links:
      General:
      • Always prefer Open Source or well popular Programs, Apps, ROMs, Kernels & Stuff.
        Open Source doesn't mean it's 100% safe but it's unlikely to have something suspicious, since you and other users can check the code in GitHub or in any other code hosting platform the "stuff" is hosted.

• Prefer ROMs & Kernels with SELinux Enforcing. You can find informations here.

• Always download and install Apps, Programs, ROMs & Stuff from official sources and do not use redirection links from different sites. Google is your friend to find the official source of the stuff you want.

• Always check the permissions an app requires, before download and install it to your device. If an app ask for permissions which has nothing to do with the app functionality then it's should be reconsider or ask the developer why these permissions needed.

• For Windows use the default Windows Defender & Malwarebytes to scan your files whenever you want (Prefered before open or install them). Also use the addon/extension uBlock Origin in your Browser. These should be enough for normal users.
        For Android Do not use any antivirus - antimalware since it's useless, just check what apps and from where you installing.

• Always verify the source of addons/extensions in your browser. Avoid installing random and unpopular addons/extensions. Keep it minimal and clean, so browser can be fast and safe, no need bunch of extensions.

• If you are using VPN, always check the terms and rules of the provider. Avoid random VPN Services.
        Recommended VPN Services.
        Using a VPN will not keep your browsing habits anonymous, nor will it add additional security to non-secure (HTTP) traffic.

• Always use unique and strong passwords for each of your accounts.
        Use awarded open source Password Managers like KeePass or KeePassXC for Desktop and KeePassDX for Android to manage your passwords and have them with you safe, encrypted and secure. Must be noted you can use the same database file between these programs.

• Always enable 2 Step Authentication wherever is available for your accounts.
        You can use apps like
        Aegis Authenticator.

• Do not open or click on links attached in unknown emails you may get. Always check the adress of the email and verify it's legit from the official source.

• Create and use "burned" email for accounts/sites you have concerns but you definitely want to try them. Do not use your personal or business email.

CLEAN INSTALL CUSTOM ROM ⚡

1. Backup all your data to PC or to external SDCard. [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost on step 7 while Formating Data or Wiping Internal Storage]
      2. Install the latest Bootloader & Modem for your S4 variant.
      [Read the Install Bootloader & Modem Guide above]
      3. Download:
      [You can find everything in my Collection]
      • TWRP Recovery.
      • Custom ROM of your choice
      • GApps (be sure you have selected Platform: ARM and the proper Android version of the ROM you are going to flash) if the ROM you are going to flash does not include. [Optional]
      • Magisk Root Solution [Optional]
      4. Move all these files in one folder to your Internal Storage or to External SDCard if you have.
      5. Install TWRP Recovery.
      [Read the Install Custom Recovery Guide above]
      6. Turn off your device and Reboot to Recovery Power Button + Volume Up (+)
      7. Installation:
      Steps without external SDCard:

• Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe
      • Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe.
      • Reboot Enjoy!
      Steps with external SDCard:
      • go to Advanced > File Manager > External_SD and delete all folders in ur ext sd card (For example you should delete: Android, .android_secure, LOST.DIR, DCIM, etc) except your personal files/folders and the folder with your custom ROM/Gapps/Magisk/DFE you want to flash.
        Each app on your phone with the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission may create files or folders in ur sdcard. Most of these folders have once been created by one of these apps and many of them may be deleted with a few exceptions (e.g. Android, .data, .android_secure, these contain important system or app data like a game's downloaded content):
        .android_secure: apps installed and then moved to sdcard
        Android: app data/cache
        data: app data
        .estrongs: ES file manager
        LOST.DIR: sort of trash folder (collects recovered files after phone crashes)
        DCIM: phone gallery's photos and previews
        OTA-update: Over The Air update service
        ppy_cross: an unknown third-party app's data.

So I recommend to delete them so you can put your phone/sdcard in a clean state and is guaranteed to be able to re-create these folders.
      • Select Advanced Wipe
      • Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe. [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
      • Reboot Enjoy!

DIRTY INSTALL YOUR CUSTOM ROM 📲

Note: Before you start flashing, keep in mind the ROM you dirty flashing MUST be the same with the one you have already installed.
      1. Make a full nandroid backup, just in case something goes wrong. You can use TWRP to do that. (TWRP > Backup > Select everything)
      [Optional]
      2. Remove all Magisk modules. [Optional]
      3. Reboot to TWRP and Wipe Dalvik / ART Cache, System and Cache.
      4. Flash the ROM > GApps [Optional] > Magisk [Optional]
      5. Reboot and Enjoy!
      I've skipped some explanations, because if you are going to dirty flash, you already know for example how to boot to TWRP.

CLEAN INSTALL OFFICIAL STOCK ROM ©️

Note:
      For Stock Rom to have your WiFi working you need to have the same version of Modem/BL as your Firmware. For example if you have QK1 Stock ROM then you need to have QK1 Modem/Bootloader. On Custom ROMs doesn't matter. You can have any Modem/BL of your variant you want but recommend is always the latest.

1. Download the latest stock ROM (Firmware), Modem & Bootloader for your variant, TWRP Recovery (.tar file) and ODIN to your PC. [You can find everything in my
      Collection]
      2. Install TWRP Recovery [Read the Install Custom Recovery Guide above]
      3. Reboot to TWRP Recovery and Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe
      4. Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Cache, External SDCard (if you have) and then Swipe to Wipe.
      5. Go back and select Wipe > Format Data > type yes [All your data into Internal Storage will be lost]
      6. Reboot to Download Mode Power by pressing Power Button + Vol.Down + Home Button
      7. Run Odin as adminstrator from your PC > connect your device > put the Stock Rom (Firmware) file to AP section and flash it!
      8. Let the ROM boot.
      9. Install the same version of Bootloader & Modem as your Firmware. [Read the Install Bootloader & Modem Guide above]
      10. Enjoy!

Changelog:

New Update: 27/02/2021
      Changelog:

• Updated the Magisk Guide methods.

New Update: 28/01/2021
      Changelog:

• Initial release
      Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.
      No need root.
      • Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers in your PC. (You can find it in my collection)
      • Download the Combined Bootloader & Modem for your variant from my collection.
      • Turn off your device.
      • Reboot your device to Download Mode by pressing Power Button + Vol.down + Home Button and run Odin from your PC as administrator.
      • Put the COMBINED BOOTLOADER_MODEM.tar to AP section, untick Auto-Reboot in options and flash!
      • When It's done, reboot your device by pressing Power Button for couple of seconds.
      New Update:
      Changelog:
      • Updated the Magisk Guide and added Flashable Zip method.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone