s5 mini official lollipop on sm-g8oo f arrived

Search This thread

phonefella

Jan 26, 2016
On problem occured after update:
if opening the contact list the message "Updating contact list" but phone is never completing this task. manual syncing of google
account also runs endless.

in the contact app there are some menu points missing for importing contact ("import from SIM").

Solution:
Clearing data of the app "contact storage" (Kontaktspeicher) fixed the problem. maybe a manual resync of google contacts
have to be done then.

Also the missing menu entries ("import from SIM") reappeared after clearing the data.

winsmith

Dec 8, 2010
is it a bootloop or is the animated samsung logo seen?
first boot, after flashing xposed framework with twrp, takes up to ten minutes for me.

in wanam thread many users suggesting to use xposed-v78.1-sdk22-arm-custom-build-by-wanam-20151209.zip

septamobile
waited only 5 minutes, i''ll try another flash and wait

vinaldo7

Oct 30, 2012
turns out my phone is from germany (im from the uk) so i got the official OTA update despite it not being available here in england. the first boot took aaaaaaages but persevere, it will get there in the end

angomania

Apr 26, 2011
Problem:
I´ve flashed the german 5.1.1 dbt version and s-view is gone. Also there is no accessoire option in the settings.

Last edited:

Morthawt

Mar 15, 2015
angomania, I am on the same version as you (my phone is a German handset). Can you check the camera app and see if it seems stuck in a night time mode? I have no way of turning it off it seems. It keeps saying the camera will adjust to low light and in the corner it has a moon icon. I checked settings, I used to have some mode I believe where I could put the camera app into a stabalization mode, maybe others but I see no such mode or any way to get rid of this seemingly night time mode. Any help would be appreciated. Here is what my camera app is looking like. See the moon icon at top right and the text in the middle bottom of the screen: http://i.imgur.com/VskFoOn.png

Does anyone have any info/advice on how to change this?

angomania

Apr 26, 2011
angomania, I am on the same version as you (my phone is a German handset). Can you check the camera app and see if it seems stuck in a night time mode? I have no way of turning it off it seems. It keeps saying the camera will adjust to low light and in the corner it has a moon icon. I checked settings, I used to have some mode I believe where I could put the camera app into a stabalization mode, maybe others but I see no such mode or any way to get rid of this seemingly night time mode. Any help would be appreciated. Here is what my camera app is looking like. See the moon icon at top right and the text in the middle bottom of the screen: http://i.imgur.com/VskFoOn.png

Does anyone have any info/advice on how to change this?

The onscreen messgae about the automatic adjustment is really annoying but it goes away when there is enough light present.
For example if I go outside, the message and the icon disappears.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Problem:
I´ve flashed the german 5.1.1 dbt version and s-view is gone. Also there is no accessoire option in the settings.

After installing S VIEW LITE from Google Play I could manually start the s-view service and S-View is working with 3rd party covers. But this app does not meet my expectations.
Does anyone know how to start the original Samsung S-view service?

Last edited:

spike371

Jan 29, 2016
The onscreen messgae about the automatic adjustment is really annoying but it goes away when there is enough light present.
For example if I go outside, the message and the icon disappears.

With 4.4.2 there was an option to disable the Image stabilizer (and therefore, the message didn´t come up).
But with 5.1.1 it´s gone, very annoying.

Ponchoman

Feb 8, 2010
Flashing won't work

Hi,
I have a problem flashing the 5.1.1 update.
Since my phone (SM-G800F, German, unbrandet) does not find any ota updates i wanted to flash the new version with odin.
So I downloaded the firmware and flashed it, but in the very last moment Odin shows a fail message.
This is what the log says:

<ID:0/005> Odin engine v(ID:3.1100)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Removed!!
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> sboot.bin
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> param.bin
<ID:0/005> boot.img
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
<ID:0/005> system.img
<ID:0/005> cache.img
<ID:0/005> hidden.img
<ID:0/005> FAIL!
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

The version i used is this one: G800FXXU1BOK7_G800FDBT1BOK7_G800FXXU1BOK7_HOME.tar.md5

Any Ideas? And sorry if this is the wron thread...

jpph

Dec 25, 2011
Lille
Hi,
I have a problem flashing the 5.1.1 update.
Since my phone (SM-G800F, German, unbrandet) does not find any ota updates i wanted to flash the new version with odin.
So I downloaded the firmware and flashed it, but in the very last moment Odin shows a fail message.
This is what the log says:

Odin engine v(ID:3.1100)..
File analysis..
SetupConnection..
Removed!!
Initialzation..
Get PIT for mapping..
Firmware update start..
SingleDownload.
sboot.bin
NAND Write Start!!
param.bin
boot.img
recovery.img
system.img
cache.img
hidden.img
FAIL!

Complete(Write) operation failed.
All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

The version i used is this one: G800FXXU1BOK7_G800FDBT1BOK7_G800FXXU1BOK7_HOME.tar.md5

Any Ideas? And sorry if this is the wron thread...
we all had this issue. see first pages of this post. 2 solution: flash a custom pit file or extrat hidden.img and reflash it after renamed it to hidden.img.tar... i recommend the 2nd option

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello to all S5 mini 800F LP 5.1.1 updater,

that is the way it is working for me. please, do not this steps if you not knowing what you do.
    i' m not responsible for damage of your device.
    —————
    flash LP 5.1.1

factory reset of phone
    cyprus 5.1.1 flashed + pit file (hidden.img found in this thread) / odin used
    installed superuser 2.6.6.apk - started but binary missing - no root

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/64163/G800FXXU1BOL4_G800FVFG1BOL1_CYV

—————
    Root

installed CF-Auto-Root-kminilte-kminiltexx-smg800f.zip / odin used
    (working for me on a fresh flashed 5.1.1 + pit file)
    — now rooted —

https://download.chainfire.eu/523/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-kminilte-kminiltexx-smg800f.zip
    thanks to chainfire

—————
    Recovery

installed twrp_kminilte-build3.tar / odin used

https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/rutvikrvr/kminilte/twrp
    thanks to Mini-bio

—————
    Deodex

pulled from system via ADB -> app, framework and priv-app
    (can also extracted from flashfile, system.img with other tools)

deodexed -> app, framework and priv-app with SVAdeodexer (build.prop needed in systemfolder)
    deleted in system on phone folder-> app, framework and priv-app via recovery file manager (mount system first)
    copy deodex folder to system and set chmod 755

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/general/tool-deodex-tool-android-l-t2972025
    thanks to svadev

—————
    xposed framework

installed xposed alpha for lollipop and flashed via twrp xposed-v79.1-sdk22-arm-custom-build-by-wanam-20160120.zip

http://xdaforums.com/xposed/unofficial-xposed-samsung-lollipop-t3180960
    thanks to wanam

cheers, septamobile
    ill be releasing a tweaked version of 5.1 shortly that doesn have the hidden.img issue as it does not flash it, also has performance tweaks (most i can do until samsung drop the kernel sources, could use a couple people who can test the odin image works though before release :)

my builds prerooted also :)
    Today official 5.1.1 german DBT version ist out. I download it straight with SamFirm:

Checking firmware for SM-G800F/DBT/G800FXXU1BOK7/G800FDBT1BOK7/G800FXXU1BOK7
    Model: SM-G800F
    Version: G800FXXU1BOK7/G800FDBT1BOK7/G800FXXU1BOK7/G800FXXU1BOK7
    Filename: SM-G800F_1_20151124145553_9xj1wrjamf.zip.enc4
    Size: 1234209056 bytes

EDIT: Flashed without problem and errors.
    I used Odin v3.07

Just select the .pit file using the PIT button within Odin

idcalnki.ugc.png