• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

S5e stuck in boot loop

Search This thread

nighcore

Apr 10, 2009
I recently got a wifi model S5e and I believe the previous owner did not know what he was doing, and tried to updated the firmware through Odin and messed it up. Whenever the tablet is plugged into power or a USB port, it will boot to "An error has occured while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recover function in the Smart Switch PC Software" screen, then restart itself after a couple seconds. It does this the entire time it is plugged in. I can hold the VOL keys then plug it in and I get to the "Custom OS" screen, but it does the same thing and reboots after a couple seconds. Is there anything I can do to get it to stay on long enough to flash new firmware to it?

mperson007

Aug 27, 2007
Mount Juliet, TN
I recently got a wifi model S5e and I believe the previous owner did not know what he was doing, and tried to updated the firmware through Odin and messed it up. Whenever the tablet is plugged into power or a USB port, it will boot to "An error has occured while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recover function in the Smart Switch PC Software" screen, then restart itself after a couple seconds. It does this the entire time it is plugged in. I can hold the VOL keys then plug it in and I get to the "Custom OS" screen, but it does the same thing and reboots after a couple seconds. Is there anything I can do to get it to stay on long enough to flash new firmware to it?

Call Samsung at 1-800-SAMSUNG. I messed up my tablet the same way. I had someone local look at it, but they couldn't fix it. I sent it to Samsung and they fixed it for free, but only because it was still under warranty. They can check your serial number to see if yours is still under warranty.