• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

S5e won't boot

Search This thread

iruiz2

Jun 23, 2011
I am at a loss here. After almost 2 years of working flawlessly, my s5e won't boot.

The screen got frozen while using anydesk, and had to force a restart (power button + up and fown volume buttons).

I can see the Samsung logo for less than a second, and then it switches off. Without touching anything, after some seconds the same thing happens.

I tried charching it and similar behaviour: i see charging circle for less than a second, and off again.

I AM AT A LOSS.

I managed to boot it pressing power+volume_up buttons and this is what i see (attached). It can stay like that for a long time so I guess battery and it's connection to the tablet are fine.

PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY WELCOME

UPDATE:
I have tried MANY things in the 6 hours since I wrote this post. I am able to put the tablet in download mode and ODIN (and my PC) recognizes it. I am able to flash VBMETA but now TWRP (fail).

At some point the tablet rebooted in normal mode (why?) but got frozen again and had to reboot it.

Anyone can point me to how to recover it? I don't mind right now to loose what is in the internal memory.

Attachments

• IMG_20210926_214604.jpg
    IMG_20210926_214604.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Abd El-Rahman El-Batal

Apr 7, 2021
Did you try to hard reboot (power_button + volume_down ) for more than 9 seconds.
If did not work then you may have to charge the phone? If its fully charged try to flash stock rom using Odin. When your device does not boot that means the stock firmware is corrupted and needs to be flashed again. That happened to me before and now my phone is working fine. Wanna know how to flash it? Look it up online!

iruiz2

Jun 23, 2011
Did you try to hard reboot (power_button + volume_down ) for more than 9 seconds.
If did not work then you may have to charge the phone? If its fully charged try to flash stock rom using Odin. When your device does not boot that means the stock firmware is corrupted and needs to be flashed again. That happened to me before and now my phone is working fine. Wanna know how to flash it? Look it up online!
I did try a hard reboot. Same result. I already rooted and installed a custom rom on it (first thing i did).

Twrp is installed but I'm unable to boot to it.

Any more ideas?

Abd El-Rahman El-Batal

Apr 7, 2021
I did try a hard reboot. Same result. I already rooted and installed a custom rom on it (first thing i did).

Twrp is installed but I'm unable to boot to it.

Any more ideas?
Listen up carefully. There is a truck to boot into recovery. When you hard reboot screen will turn black then show logo. While screen is
Black quick hold vol up button and power.
Worked on my galaxy a10. Tell meh the results bro

iruiz2

Jun 23, 2011
The tablet was still covered by warranty so I called the seller and they took it to a Samsung repair store. They replaced the motherboard, so I guess it was not recoverable.

The bad news is that they updated to android 11, I was quite happy with old 9.0 :( because I had TWRP and Magisk working.

Thank you for all that tried to help.