S6 rom for S3 9300

Search This thread
May 27, 2012
Riyadh
Hey,
I 'm going to make my rom for my s3 GT-I9300, but I'm a beginner in development
I download a stock rom for my s3, and stock rom for s6
I use dsixda kitchen and extract system.img for s3 and s6
can I replace app in system folder from my s3 with app from s6 and framwork files with no problems

Reactions: lakamel

TechMech42

Jan 29, 2015
Hey,
can I replace app in system folder from my s3 with app from s6 and framwork files with no problems

s6 is lollipop s3 is jellybean I think will not work

mrpascal

Mar 17, 2016
Mumbai
Hey,

Yes you can do it but , it was going to take long time , and you can also port it on any S3 lollipop rom and , if S6 firmware is marshmallow then use any marshmallow rom for S3 and try to port ;) :good:

WOXIANGNI530

Apr 13, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Hello, S6 or S7 lock screen can be ported to use on 9300?
Is "slide to unlock" case, the lower left corner to add "telephone" icon?
I know this is difficult, but could you tell me you will modify the s3 lock screen?

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Welcome to the lollipop transplantation for s3 oh!

西村大一

Dec 7, 2012
Sagamihara\Tōkyō
Yes you can do it but , it was going to take long time , and you can also port it on any S3 lollipop rom and , if S6 firmware is marshmallow then use any marshmallow rom for S3 and try to port ;) :good:

NO, you can't simply port the ROM. The damn S6 has, to begin with, a bigger screen resolution, so the UI would look weird AF. Second, the kernel can only be compiled by Samsung from THEIR own sources. And third, the most important aspect, i9300 has 1 GB of RAM. The closest device and the most suited would be the i9305.

CASE CLOSED. Please research before posting.

mrpascal

Mar 17, 2016
Mumbai
NO, you can't simply port the ROM. The damn S6 has, to begin with, a bigger screen resolution, so the UI would look weird AF. Second, the kernel can only be compiled by Samsung from THEIR own sources. And third, the most important aspect, i9300 has 1 GB of RAM. The closest device and the most suited would be the i9305.

Yes I know everything about S6 and everybody knows here that it has bigger screen resolution and it also has big UI so we have to make it possible to fit in our S3 and second everyone knows that we have to do some changes in kernel also and S3 has 1 GB ram so I want to tell you that we are not trying to flash S6 rom on S3 okay so don't take any kind of tension because, everyone here test his rom perfectly before posting :)
And please forgive me if I have used bad words in this reply , After all we all are one community :)
Cheers
And sorry for my bad english :( :good:
THANKS

alastairgreen_Nexus

Dec 21, 2012
Sydney
Yes I know everything about S6 and everybody knows here that it has bigger screen resolution and it also has big UI so we have to make it possible to fit in our S3 and second everyone knows that we have to do some changes in kernel also and S3 has 1 GB ram so I want to tell you that we are not trying to flash S6 rom on S3 okay so don't take any kind of tension because, everyone here test his rom perfectly before posting :)
And please forgive me if I have used bad words in this reply , After all we all are one community :)
Cheers
And sorry for my bad english :( :good:
THANKS
Porting TouchWIz ROM's is possible but chances are nil unless the source ROM is from a Qualcomm Samsung device or it has a related Exynos device with same specs. Also due to the lack of proper source code and other info’s so porting can be a very hard job on Exynos, unlike Qualcomm devices it will be easy as cake due to some other Qualcomm devices shared the same RAM, processor and resolution and its dev-friendly nature.

D

Dinkec27

What is the difference between the Exynos 4412 and the 4415,all I know is they have a different clock speed but is that the only difference?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hey,
    API IS version android

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk