S7 always asks for permission to allow data/MTP when connected to PC

Search This thread

TALONTRAX1

Mar 2, 2015
Southampton, PA
This annoyed the crap outa me . . . especially because the phone would connect to my windows 7 laptop & never show the popup. My desktop pc (also windows 7 64 bit) had the same exact adb & samsung driver versions. One day I finally decided to remove/re-install the adb & samsung drivers. After the 1st connection to the cable, it asked once (the allow/deny popup) & never again. It will show the contents of the phone (phone, card) after I would unlock the lock screen . . .

sidehop

Dec 4, 2008
I was facing the same problem, but I got to fix it by installing Smart Switch by SAMSUNG on my PC. :)

Thanks! My S8 Active was having this popup every time and was going to just make a Tasker profile to automatically hit allow every time but this is a better solution probably for many. It asked once and never asked again :)

Choctawmatt

Apr 25, 2018
Y'all are funny....
Try using a regular plug into the wall charger.
Of course when ya using a usb connected to your pc, ya going to get this pop up to allow data connection from phone to pc....
Ha ha. Y'all made my day. Lmao
charge with wall plug charger and it won't happen..
Thankyou so much for the giggle... Hee hee ha ha ha
big smileys

rumrtwister

May 22, 2018
Mine does the same thing, but now it does it with all phones. I took it to Mazda and the techs changed out ports and updated software and still does it on Android and Apple phones. Mazda service in Austin is still trouble shooting and discovered it does the same thing in an employee's car. No fix that I know of, but I hope soon.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Y'all are funny....
Try using a regular plug into the wall charger.
Of course when ya using a usb connected to your pc, ya going to get this pop up to allow data connection from phone to pc....
Ha ha. Y'all made my day. Lmao
charge with wall plug charger and it won't happen..
Thankyou so much for the giggle... Hee hee ha ha ha
big smileys

Did you even read the first post?

How does he transfer files to and from his PC if the phone is connected to a wall socket charger?

The problem is that the permission prompt continues to pop up every time the phone is connected, where the expected behaviour is once you have allowed a PC to connect, the next time you connect it does not ask, it just connects

Wall socket.... lol
-----------------

The problem is the drivers on the PC from my troubleshooting experience, I've finally got mine to connect without asking once again using the "SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface" driver

Version: 2.12.4.0
Date: 24/08/2016

Windows 10 Pro update 1803

noisywan

Aug 3, 2012
This solution worked for me.
After updating it, the new Samsung USB driver remembers the `ALLOW` permission and doesn't ask everytime. :good: Thanks.

I had the same problem for months, it was really irritating, but then I updated the driver in device manager and solved the problem

EigC539.png

marcardar

Jul 18, 2015
Doesn't work for me. After installing Smart Switch on both Android and Mac (and updating driver on Mac) I now get the full screen popup (Activity) of "Get Connected" which doesn't actually allow you to do anything (no buttons etc). Only way out from there is the Home button (maybe Back button too). Very annoying having this thing pop up every time I connect via USB (about 10 to 20 times a day for me).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Enable Dev Option and tick usb debugging this worked for me !
    Finally found it in settings. Switch on Developers options in configuratien. Then there is a USB modus setting. Set it to Charging rather then MTP Transfer.

Then you can't transfer files, so obviously it's not gonna ask for permission
    Problem Solved!

I was facing the same problem, but I got to fix it by installing Smart Switch by SAMSUNG on my PC. :)
    You have to unlock the screen before plugging in the USB cable, then he won't ask permission again. They changed this behavior in some of the recent OS updates, because I remember that I could access files without unlocking first (just allow once for that PC). The only real solution for this is root, as always...
    I had the same problem for months, it was really irritating, but then I updated the driver in device manager and solved the problem

EigC539.png