S7 and S7 Edge Root

Search This thread

Kilroy672

May 31, 2008
The Buckeye State
How soon do you think it could take someone or anyone to gain root on the S7 or S7Edge? I'm in no hurry but down the road say a month or 2 after the release if there is a root I would like to try. I have a Note 4 and after I root I lost Knox. I wonder if that will happen this time around.

Reactions: abced123

The Sickness

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2012
Somewhere in Texas
How soon do you think it could take someone or anyone to gain root on the S7 or S7Edge? I'm in no hurry but down the road say a month or 2 after the release if there is a root I would like to try. I have a Note 4 and after I root I lost Knox. I wonder if that will happen this time around.

Just as soon as someone injects root into the stock kernel through the ramdisk....

The Sickness

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2012
Somewhere in Texas
So looking forward to that. Now just waiting on that S7 I ordered to ship. Hope to see some Sickness Roms for it soon lol

Ehhh.....be awhile before I upgrade. I mean I could pay mine off real fast and make the 'ole lady mad as hell.......naw, dont need that kinda drama over a phone lol

Ehhh.....be awhile before I upgrade. I mean I could pay mine off real fast and make the 'ole lady mad as hell.......naw, dont need that kinda drama over a phone lol

lol understandable. I'm gonna have to pay mine off real fast so I can turn around and get one for my ole lady. She wanted an S7 as soon as I told her they did away with that cover over the charging port the S5 has.

drbveb88

Mar 7, 2011
Northern Virginia
It took 2 days for the Note 5 on Tmob. There was some great guys working on it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

happimeal

Mar 16, 2011
Manteca
I would just like root to remove some of the bloat. I have heard that they didn't mess with the OS as much as they have in the past. I would like to be able to use Samsung/android pay, also be nice if someone could enable the adaptable storage of Marshmallow, can't believe they disabled that.

Reactions: giorgos#123

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
England
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
It does. Make no mistake, root on the S7 = tripping Knox. Personally, this doesn't bother me, but if people are buying this phone hoping they can have root and maintain the Knox flag, especially those in territories that support Samsung Pay, they will be disappointed.

Reactions: bjc112

km8j

Dec 9, 2012
The annoying thing is getting root normally requires a phone wipe. Until Android catches up and all apps are backed up, this is a huge pain

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
England
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
The annoying thing is getting root normally requires a phone wipe.

Only if the bootloader is locked. It's the unlocking of the bootloader, which is required to root the phone, which wipes the phone, not the rooting process itself.

In the UK Samsung phones never come with a locked bootloader (to my knowledge anyway, at least none of mine have) so rooting never involves wiping the phone thankfully.

Reactions: Anthony's09

km8j

Dec 9, 2012
Only if the bootloader is locked. It's the unlocking of the bootloader, which is required to root the phone, which wipes the phone, not the rooting process itself.

In the UK Samsung phones never come with a locked bootloader (to my knowledge anyway, at least none of mine have) so rooting never involves wiping the phone thankfully.

Does the TMOUS one come locked or unlocked?

Top Liked Posts