S7 Battery Drain? Or Potentially Another Problem?

Search This thread

paronda

Dec 26, 2019
So my sister upgraded her phone and gave me her old Galaxy S7. It has a problem, when left idle, it will drain its battery to 0%, essentially shutting itself down. But I tried watching a 50 minute video on it and it lost 20%. So theoretically, it should have about 4 hrs of video playback capacity.

So my question is, will replacing the battery solve this problem? Or could the problem be something else? Cause I really don't wanna go out and buy a new battery for this, without being certain first.

Thank you all for your responses!

Alesyz

Apr 20, 2021
So my sister upgraded her phone and gave me her old Galaxy S7. It has a problem, when left idle, it will drain its battery to 0%, essentially shutting itself down. But I tried watching a 50 minute video on it and it lost 20%. So theoretically, it should have about 4 hrs of video playback capacity.

So my question is, will replacing the battery solve this problem? Or could the problem be something else? Cause I really don't wanna go out and buy a new battery for this, without being certain first.

Thank you all for your responses!
If the phone is working normally, the possible reason is battery or a bug in a management service of the battery. Make e full backup, do a factory reset and see again.

paronda

Dec 26, 2019
If the phone is working normally, the possible reason is battery or a bug in a management service of the battery. Make e full backup, do a factory reset and see again.
My sister had this problem before she handed this phone to me. I reformatted it as soon as I got it.

So do you think that replacing the battery will really solve this?

Alesyz

Apr 20, 2021
My sister had this problem before she handed this phone to me. I reformatted it as soon as I got it.

So do you think that replacing the battery will really solve this?
Turn Airplane mode on the phone and leave to for a couple of hours. Then check it again.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone