S7 Edge completely dead

Search This thread

Serpine

Oct 7, 2016
Hello everyone,

I've got a huge problem with my s7 edge. It started betweend first and second week of usage of my s7 edge, phone got totally freezed and only volume down + power could do something with my phone. After few weeks later, freezes were very annoying, very often (2-10 times per day) and it took longer to reboot my phone. I decided to download oficcial unbranded software from sammobile, I've flashed my phone with 5 files using odin and do full wipe. When my phone booted it was ok for maybe 2 hours and again, freeze! Ok, so press volume down + power... It boots! But after few hours later, (phone was 80%+ battery) I tried to check recent notifications, took my phone, pressed power button... and nothing happens. Trying to hold volume down + power for longer than 10s and also nothing happens. Phone is not charging and when connected to computer, I can hear a sound that something is connected, but windows says that my device is not working properly. When holding volume down + power, I can hear again sound of disconnecting and connecting device again. It's now almost 24hrs from this freeze. Phone is completely dead. After I got up from bed, pressed volume down + power again and I saw GALAXY S7 edge on my screen, but again, freeze and nothing happens for maybe 10 minutes, so again, volume down + power and phone is dead again. Nothing happens...
If you experienced simillar problem or have any solutions, please help!
Cheers!

TheSproker

Oct 8, 2015
HTC One (m7)
OnePlus 6
Hello everyone,

I've got a huge problem with my s7 edge. It started betweend first and second week of usage of my s7 edge, phone got totally freezed and only volume down + power could do something with my phone. After few weeks later, freezes were very annoying, very often (2-10 times per day) and it took longer to reboot my phone. I decided to download oficcial unbranded software from sammobile, I've flashed my phone with 5 files using odin and do full wipe. When my phone booted it was ok for maybe 2 hours and again, freeze! Ok, so press volume down + power... It boots! But after few hours later, (phone was 80%+ battery) I tried to check recent notifications, took my phone, pressed power button... and nothing happens. Trying to hold volume down + power for longer than 10s and also nothing happens. Phone is not charging and when connected to computer, I can hear a sound that something is connected, but windows says that my device is not working properly. When holding volume down + power, I can hear again sound of disconnecting and connecting device again. It's now almost 24hrs from this freeze. Phone is completely dead. After I got up from bed, pressed volume down + power again and I saw GALAXY S7 edge on my screen, but again, freeze and nothing happens for maybe 10 minutes, so again, volume down + power and phone is dead again. Nothing happens...
Cheers!

Since flashing a new software didn't help then it is definitely a hardware problem. If it is a defective unit then it should be repaired or replaced for free by the repair shop, assuming you haven't rooted your phone.

Serpine

Oct 7, 2016
I haven't rooted my device, only flashed with latest official not branded samsung rom. I left it to my carrier on warrianty, waiting for response. Up to 2 weeks...

TheOne741

May 29, 2009
I haven't rooted my device, only flashed with latest official not branded samsung rom. I left it to my carrier on warrianty, waiting for response. Up to 2 weeks...

Had that problem with my Note 4 bro. It was a broken EMMC memory chip and Samsung should repair it by swaping the motherbord under warranty. If you Rooted it or tripped knox, like i did, than you have a problem coz they will ask you to pay for the repairs. If that happenes remind them this.. I wish i knew this before i sold my note 4 for scrap.

http://matija.suklje.name/rooting-and-flashing-your-device-does-not-void-the-warranty-in-eu
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:31999L0044:fr:HTML

Good luck.

Serpine

Oct 7, 2016
Time for small update,

thanks for links TheOne741. Cellular operator had sent my phone to authorised service, but they offered somethink like 70USD (different currencies) for repair, when new mainboard for S7 Edge is around 400$! I declined their proposal and now my phone is in other service, I want them to replace it by new one, still waiting! Hope for quick response from this second service point.

alehawk

Nov 9, 2010
I had a Galaxy i5700 a lot time ago and I managed to install android into de SD and the simptoms u are describing are the same that happened to me when the SD had bad sectors before completely dying...

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
Had that problem with my Note 4 bro. It was a broken EMMC memory chip and Samsung should repair it by swaping the motherbord under warranty. If you Rooted it or tripped knox, like i did, than you have a problem coz they will ask you to pay for the repairs. If that happenes remind them this.. I wish i knew this before i sold my note 4 for scrap.

http://matija.suklje.name/rooting-and-flashing-your-device-does-not-void-the-warranty-in-eu
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:31999L0044:fr:HTML

Good luck.

Samsung ditched eMMC and went to UFS. while it may be a memory issue, its not eMMC.

ProtoDeVNan0

Apr 3, 2013
HTC Sensation
Don't pay anything for Your phone. I've had one really sh***y service that told me the sim card slot is broken (on a device that I didn't even know that it has a sim card slot/tablet) and now I have to pay 100% same amount of money as the value of my whole tablet. That device wasn't even rooted. Nothing. I even had a sh***y insurance that didn't help me either. So I was left there with a choice of paying (device was around 100 usd) 100 usd(for a sim card slot repair that I don't even have idea if it exists, I've had phones with broken sim card slots and they were working fine) or just buy a new one. So I decided to call a "shopping lawyer"(I just payed for the call) I've no idea how to properly say that in english, sorry guys. And then the lawyer told me that I need to say that if they will not fix it on warranty then I'll go to court. Week later I got a letter that my device will be repaired as soon as they can do it, and that they are really sorry. After 14 days I got my tablet back, fully working.. well. They scratched the screen a lot so I just sold it later. Kinda sad with the scratches cause it was a really great GPS. 7 inches.. big screen.

So in conclusion.
Don't pay anything. Just use the warranty. Even if the device was rooted You have a full right to a warranty repair. And since You didn't root Your device then You're fine. It's a hardware defect and they have to pay for it and fix it.

Serpine

Oct 7, 2016
Yup, I did not send my phone on warranty but on suretyship because my phone was only around month old! And it is obviously hardware problem, but first service tried to scam me. I have been reading tons of articles about scratching screens, breaking plastic frames, resending "repaired" laptops without few parts or even charger from very first service that my phone was sent to. And for that I took my phone away from them in a blink of an eye. Now I'm just waiting for expertise or replacement from other service.

Serpine

Oct 7, 2016
Quick update after 40 days without phone. Motherboard is replaced. Not a whole device....
Now I want a IP68 standard confirmation. Authorised service doesn't want to give me any kind of document that confirms dust and waterproof (it should mean that my phone is assembled correctly!)
I won't sign any document that I received my phone without this.
What should I do? Where I can get any document about IP68 confirmation? Should I send my phone to another service just to confirm IP68 standard?

Serpine

Oct 7, 2016
I received my phone with confirmation of all norms and standards that producent delivers. It doesn't have any signs of disassembling. Like new one. 37 days of usage and 40 days of servicing. Nice ratio :)
Thanks for help and information!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

Cheers!

Since flashing a new software didn't help then it is definitely a hardware problem. If it is a defective unit then it should be repaired or replaced for free by the repair shop, assuming you haven't rooted your phone.