S7 Edge isn't turning on

Search This thread

watomaigad

Dec 5, 2022
Hello.
So, I recently updated my phone 2 days ago for the first time after 2017, and the battery ran out while it was updating, and then it was boot looping and kept getting stuck at 28%.
I decided to reinstall the os on it (I installed the official rom that the phone came with). At first, everything seemed normal until I plugged it and after a while, the led indicator was showing that it was still charging but after I unplugged it from the charger, the light was still on and the screen was completely black and unresponsive.
After a while, the light shut off and after that, it never came on. I tried everything to get it on again: tried hard rebooting, trying to get into recovery, charging with different types of cables and with wireless charging also, basically every combination that came to mind. When I used the wireless charger, it showed that it was charging, but no signs of life on the phone. Samsung support wasn't that much of a help either, they only asked if I used a cable that worked on it and if the phone was water damaged or had any cracks.

Any help will be appreciated!!!

engage4

May 17, 2013
Connect usb (not charger) hold vol- + home + power, release power after 5 sec n continue holding vol- + home . If download mode appears flash phone with same csc firmware. If no downlooad mode probably battery or emmc fault.

vikasonxda

Dec 6, 2022
Hello.
So, I recently updated my phone 2 days ago for the first time after 2017, and the battery ran out while it was updating, and then it was boot looping and kept getting stuck at 28%.
I decided to reinstall the os on it (I installed the official rom that the phone came with). At first, everything seemed normal until I plugged it and after a while, the led indicator was showing that it was still charging but after I unplugged it from the charger, the light was still on and the screen was completely black and unresponsive.
After a while, the light shut off and after that, it never came on. I tried everything to get it on again: tried hard rebooting, trying to get into recovery, charging with different types of cables and with wireless charging also, basically every combination that came to mind. When I used the wireless charger, it showed that it was charging, but no signs of life on the phone. Samsung support wasn't that much of a help either, they only asked if I used a cable that worked on it and if the phone was water damaged or had any cracks.

Any help will be appreciated!!!
This same thing happened with my s7 edge 3-4 months ago.... i was installing some apps from play store... as usual the device was high at temperature..it turned off... for next a couple of days it was only rebooting when it was very pleasent at temperature... and sudden shutting down within minutes.. the last time it did not turn on but the blue light was on for 4-5 days until it decharged... when the battery fully drained it never accepted charging or turned on yet... i miss my s7 egde... i had many useful data saved in it.. i lost everything..
I know it was the cpu failure...

watomaigad

Dec 5, 2022
This same thing happened with my s7 edge 3-4 months ago.... i was installing some apps from play store... as usual the device was high at temperature..it turned off... for next a couple of days it was only rebooting when it was very pleasent at temperature... and sudden shutting down within mimutes.. the last time it did not turn on but the blue light was on for 4 5 days until it decharged... when the battery fully drained it never accepted charging or turned on yet... i miss my s7 egde... i had many useful data saved in it.. i lost everything..
that sucks, i think mine also died because i was using the wireless charger and it might overheated or something? i'm not too sure but yeah

engage4

May 17, 2013
This same thing happened with my s7 edge 3-4 months ago.... i was installing some apps from play store... as usual the device was high at temperature..it turned off... for next a couple of days it was only rebooting when it was very pleasent at temperature... and sudden shutting down within minutes.. the last time it did not turn on but the blue light was on for 4-5 days until it decharged... when the battery fully drained it never accepted charging or turned on yet... i miss my s7 egde... i had many useful data saved in it.. i lost everything..
Looks like RAM failure. Heating phone's back side(after removing back panel with hair dryer for few seconds may help. Not a permanent solution, but for data backup.