S7 Edge Oreo battery drain fix (exynos) - finally

genius312

May 4, 2011
For BL/Modem Updates u can use odin if you have no root. If you have root then you can download the lastest BL_CP zip for S7/S7edge and simply flash it via TWRP. i got Android System Drain fixed by flashing TGP Kernel and. I also use ForceDoze app. My todays SOT is actually 5h 50min and i still have 24%. Standby Drain: Nothing?I think Android System drain is a Kernel relates issue bc on TGP Kernel i have only 13% of Android System drain. On MoroKernel i had around 35%-50%?... but with TGP Kernel all is fine for me. Whats your Device mate? Then i can give you all links to files bc i safed them in my Browser
S7 edge from canada ( exynos ).
SO I guess the link from first post is good !
No root.

I go from 100% to 0% 2 times a day and not really using the phone intensivly.
My phone was good for at least the entire day before the update !

Mort015

Sep 21, 2016
Karlsruhe
S7 edge from canada ( exynos ).
SO I guess the link from first post is good !
No root.

I go from 100% to 0% 2 times a day and not really using the phone intensivly.
My phone was good for at least the entire day before the update !
Idk if you have G935F or G935W8. The links in Step 2 are for G935F. I did not found the files for G935W8.

If you want to fix it here is what i did:

STEP 1 - ROOT IT!

1. Download Magisk zip and pull it to your Sd card or internal storage

2. Flash TWRP via Odin (put it in "AP"). Be sure to disable auto reboot in odin. If it says PASS!, hold the 3 keys (volume up + home + power) wait until twrp screen appears. (Your Warranty is now void)

3. Now flash the Magisk zip and reboot your device.

**LINKS:**

ODIN 13.3:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4431749

TWRP FOR S7edge Exynos ODIN Flashable:
https://eu.dl.twrp.me/hero2lte/twrp-3.1.1-0-hero2lte.img.tar

Magisk:
https://androidfilebox.com/download/2272/

**All these downloads will start directly bc i choosed direct links**

**You have successfully rooted your S7edge!**

STEP 2 - UPDATE BL AND MODEM (FIX STANDBY DRAIN)

1. Boot your S7edge into Download mode
*Volume down + home + power*
A blue screen with a triangle appears. Press Volume Up key and its in Download mode

2. Flash latest Oreo Bootloader (ERF4) and Modem (EREO) via odin (!!be sure to disable "NANO EREASE" in Odin!!)

Put the Bootloader file into "BL" and Modem file into "CP" and hit Start

2. Let it reboot normally

Bootloader ERF4:
•G935F:
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11050483647474827870

(IF YOUR MODEL IS G935W8 SKIP THIS STEP - MAYBE OTHER CAN PROVIDE LATEST BL AND MODEM FOR G935W8)

•G935W8:
Not Found?

Modem EREO:
•G935F:
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11050483647474827874

(IF YOUR MODEL IS G935W8 SKIP THIS STEP - MAYBE OTHER CAN PROVIDE LATEST BL AND MODEM FOR G935W8)

•G935W8:
Not Found?

**You have successfully updated your bootloader and Modem - Cell Standby drain is fixed!**

STEP 3 - "FIX" ANDROID SYSTEM DRAIN

1. Download TGP Kernel for Galaxy S7edge and put it to your Sd card or internal storage.

2. Shut down and boot into TWRP Recovery

3. Flash TGP Kernel

My Choices in Aroma:
•Magisk root
•Clear root data from previous root

I didnt select MTweaks or other stuff. I only picked the 2 options above

4. Wipe DALVIK/ART CACHE

5. Reboot and youre Done!?

TGP KERNEL FOR S7/S7edge Exynos (G93XX/F/FD/W8):
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528042735

**You have Successfully "Fixed" Android System Battery drain!**

--------THATS IT--------

If you want to get more better Standby results, install ForceDoze app from Play Store and just activate it.

My result: 7h 40min SOT

i used my phons the whole day. It didnt had much standby time..... but with this Setup, my S7 Battery life is like Nougat.

I am not responsible for any damages. Do it at your own Risk

Btw. I forgot a step:

Install this Magisk module:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-swap-torpedo-run-faster-reliably-t3766883/page39

Attachments

Last edited:

crash_194

Mar 27, 2008
So is the bootloader key to this as well then? I initially just flashed the modem and didn't see any noticeable improvement in terms or cell standby battery drain. I have flashed the BL now as well though so will see over the next day or so.

Mort015

Sep 21, 2016
Karlsruhe
So is the bootloader key to this as well then? I initially just flashed the modem and didn't see any noticeable improvement in terms or cell standby battery drain. I have flashed the BL now as well though so will see over the next day or so.
Flash both to fix Cell Standby. But to minimize Android System drain flash TGP Kernel - SOT 7h

yogamodle

Jan 8, 2017
parli
Hi. I managed to fix oreo battery drain in my S7 Edge BTU. Solution is simple. There is new official firmware available for tw and hk (they are exynos as well) . Only needed thing to fix the drain issue is flash modem file from hk firmware (EREO).

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11050483647474827874

Device stays official, knox not tripped, all samsung apps working, no need to mess up with files from nougat. Tested working, cell standby drain is gone. Before it was up to 30% in my phone, now after nearly 16h only 2%. Flash with odin 3.13 up, 3.12 doesn't recognize oreo lz4 files.

Solution from samsung community forums

Can i flash this modem file ins version
My model no is smg 935fd...
I don't want root my phone.
And the battry was drain for call standy..
Help me..

vcdwelt

Jul 11, 2006
www.vcdwelt.de
Idk if you have G935F or G935W8. The links in Step 2 are for G935F. I did not found the files for G935W8.
If you want to fix it here is what i did:

STEP 1 - ROOT IT!

1. Download Magisk zip and pull it to your Sd card or internal storage

2. Flash TWRP via Odin (put it in "AP"). Be sure to disable auto reboot in odin. If it says PASS!, hold the 3 keys (volume up + home + power) wait until twrp screen appears. (Your Warranty is now void)

3. Now flash the Magisk zip and reboot your device.
No need to flash the "no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip" and Wiping Data during the rooting steps?
Try to find the best and working way to Root an Oreo Stock Rom with all features and writeable Data Partition :) But all howtos and Tutorials are different and seems to work more or less...

Last edited:

montafede

Jun 13, 2015
ROME ITALY
SORRY

1. Download TGP Kernel for Galaxy S7edge and put it to your Sd card or internal storage.

3. Flash TGP Kernel

My Choices in Aroma:
•Magisk root

4. Wipe DALVIK/ART CACHE

5. Reboot and youre Done!

BEFORE I INSTALL WITH TWRP I MUST DI Wipe DALVIK/ART CACHE IS RIGH?
IF YES I LOST ALL SETTING AND APP IS RIGH?
BEST REGUARDS

Mort015

Sep 21, 2016
Karlsruhe
No need to flash the "no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip" and Wiping Data during the rooting steps?
Try to find the best and working way to Root an Oreo Stock Rom with all features and writeable Data Partition :) But all howtos and Tutorials are different and seems to work more or less...
I rooted my S7 with Nougat an updated manually with a oreo rom to android 8. If you see in twrp "error xxx: cant mount /data" you need to format data partition. Idk. I never needed to use "no verity opt encrypt 6.0.zip". T

Mort015

Sep 21, 2016
Karlsruhe
SORRY

3. Flash TGP Kernel

My Choices in Aroma:
•Magisk root

4. Wipe DALVIK/ART CACHE

5. Reboot and youre Done!

BEFORE I INSTALL WITH TWRP I MUST DI Wipe DALVIK/ART CACHE IS RIGH?
IF YES I LOST ALL SETTING AND APP IS RIGH?
BEST REGUARDS
First flash kernel, then wipe dalvik cache. Now android will start optimising all apps again after boot. Your Data is safe. Nothing will deletet

Reactions: montafede

montafede

Jun 13, 2015
ROME ITALY
First flash kernel, then wipe dalvik cache. Now android will start optimising all apps again after boot. Your Data is safe. Nothing will deletet
TANK U SO MUCH BUT U NUMBER 1

I HAVE THIS ROM : https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/development/civz-g935f-multi-csc-rom-t3616815
U wrote " 3. Flash TGP Kernel

My Choices in Aroma:
•Magisk root

I didnt select MTweaks or other stuff. I only picked the 2 options above......"
could u tell me the best choise to select because there are a lot of step ...so please wrote
tank u so much

n0ise82

Jan 6, 2015
I have flashed on my 935f the BL and CP but now samsung health is not working, it says it won't work on rooted phones (my phone was never rooted and the knox is still 0x0), also the phone after the flash is super hot..! Will delete cache asap to see if anything changes.

edit: deleted cache but still same issues

edit2: reflashed my BL keeping the EREO baseband, samsung health is now working fine now, will test the battery drain now :)

Last edited: