S7 flat/Exynos Heating and extreme battery drain

Search This thread

Derpenson

May 8, 2014
hello guys, i hope you all are having a great day. so my problem is this : as soon as i got the phone, i rooted it ( obviously knox tripped but that doesn't matter to me) i flashed some customs roms, but i didn't like them because the phone was lagging and freezing randomly from time to time with the phone starting to heat in just 5 min or less and the battery life got crappy. Then i decided to flash a stock rom odin, but that didn't change a thing, since the phone still having having heating issues and extreme battery drain. oh yeah, and fast charging doesn't seem to be fast even though the fast charge activated. Help you guys :(:(

Silvers91

Jun 28, 2014
Rabat
hello guys, i hope you all are having a great day. so my problem is this : as soon as i got the phone, i rooted it ( obviously knox tripped but that doesn't matter to me) i flashed some customs roms, but i didn't like them because the phone was lagging and freezing randomly from time to time with the phone starting to heat in just 5 min or less and the battery life got crappy. Then i decided to flash a stock rom odin, but that didn't change a thing, since the phone still having having heating issues and extreme battery drain. oh yeah, and fast charging doesn't seem to be fast even though the fast charge activated. Help you guys :(:(
Try a factory reset, and do a clean setup (don't restore any apps).. Then just give it like 2 days (the battery usually drains faster the first couple of days).. This same thing happened to me when I got the phone out of the box, rooted it as well after a week because I don't care about knox or warranty, phone was heating and battery draining so fast, I did a factory reset and a clean setup, after 2 days of discharging the phone and charging it to 100%, the battery life got better and stabilized, the heat went away. Now I easily get about 6 hours of SOT with heavy usage (gaming and stuff), and the phone barely gets hot (it only gets hot when I play pokémon Go on 4G because it uses your GPS constantly). I have the exynos version as well.

Edit: Also try Package Disabler Pro (it's paid but it's worth it), it disables all samsung bloatware and some useless services that keep running in the background, it sure helped my phone feel a lot smoother and get even better battery life.

Reactions: Derpenson

Hi mate

First thing you have to find our who is the culprit , use an app like BBS

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

Let it run for a few hours and read the log to see who is running wild on your phone

Also check this threads

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/how-to/standby-drain-2-8-hours-wifi-bit-4g-t3416864

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/how-to/battery-life-discussion-t3316305

Reactions: Derpenson

Derpenson

May 8, 2014
Try a factory reset, and do a clean setup (don't restore any apps).. Then just give it like 2 days (the battery usually drains faster the first couple of days).. This same thing happened to me when I got the phone out of the box, rooted it as well after a week because I don't care about knox or warranty, phone was heating and battery draining so fast, I did a factory reset and a clean setup, after 2 days of discharging the phone and charging it to 100%, the battery life got better and stabilized, the heat went away. Now I easily get about 6 hours of SOT with heavy usage (gaming and stuff), and the phone barely gets hot (it only gets hot when I play pokémon Go on 4G because it uses your GPS constantly). I have the exynos version as well.

Edit: Also try Package Disabler Pro (it's paid but it's worth it), it disables all samsung bloatware and some useless services that keep running in the background, it sure helped my phone feel a lot smoother and get even better battery life.
the main reason why i rooted my phone is to use titanium backup to restore my whatsapp conversation and to also use Xposed. and okay, i'll leave it stock for 2 days, i won't install a thing. i'll let you know how things are going for me :) thanks for the reply man

Derpenson

May 8, 2014
Hi mate

Let it run for a few hours and read the log to see who is running wild on your phone

Also check this threads

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/how-to/standby-drain-2-8-hours-wifi-bit-4g-t3416864

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/how-to/battery-life-discussion-t3316305
alright, i'll try that. thanks for the tips man

Silvers91

Jun 28, 2014
Rabat
the main reason why i rooted my phone is to use titanium backup to restore my whatsapp conversation and to also use Xposed. and okay, i'll leave it stock for 2 days, i won't install a thing. i'll let you know how things are going for me :) thanks for the reply man
I'd avoid Titanium Backup, just start fresh.. I'm rooted mainly for adaway because I hate ads, I use xposed as well..
Let me know how it ends up

Derpenson

May 8, 2014

alright man, look : today i checked my phone at 14:48 and it was at 96%, with everything off ( no sync, no background app, just fresh rom ) and now its 22:33 in my country and it's at 90%, thats good right ? or should it be much longer than this ?

Silvers91

Jun 28, 2014
Rabat
alright man, look : today i checked my phone at 14:48 and it was at 96%, with everything off ( no sync, no background app, just fresh rom ) and now its 22:33 in my country and it's at 90%, thats good right ? or should it be much longer than this ?
Yeah man that's good.. It'll even get better with time, just be patient.. and give Package Disabler Pro a try, it really makes a difference.

Last edited:

You can also go to Settings > Battery > Details and then select apps that you don't always use to 'always save power'. Your stats seem good to me.

Derpenson

May 8, 2014
You can also go to Settings > Battery > Details and then select apps that you don't always use to 'always save power'. Your stats seem good to me.
how quikcly does your phone starts to get hot ? mine starts to get warm after 5-8min of usage ( wifi on ) is that okay ?it doesnt get that hot, i meann its normal if i watch videos and stuff, right ?

qwewqa

Apr 10, 2016
I heard somewhere that when you root S7 it changes the CPU's governor and it starts to lag overheat etc. So try downloading No-Frills CPU Control and change governor to ondemand.

He is using the Exynos version, which does not have this problem. Only the Qualcomm root method results in the cpu governor being changed to performance, causing battery drain and heat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi mate

Also check this threads

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone