• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

S7 reset recovery flag

Search This thread

clownstyle

Apr 23, 2005
Hi all, bit of a strange problem here.

I've recently updated TWRP from the official app and installed the latest recovery for my phone.. Problem is my TWRP screen is now green, and I cant touch any on screen buttons when in recovery. Because the recovery flag was set last time I rebooted the phone it keeps going into recovery and just freezing :(

To add insult to injury my USB port seems to be faulty (has been for a while) so I can't even connect with ODIN to reflash the recovery.. So I seem to be stuck in a predicament here. Windows advises the machine has malfunctioned and will not recognise the device. I wish this was a driver issue but after testing with a number of cables / machines I can safely say it's a hardware issue.

Is there anyway to reset the recovery flag so I can at least get back on my phone? Or any other options?

clownstyle

Apr 23, 2005
The Windows errors occur even when the phone is in Download Mode?

Yep. Got a new USB port coming in the post which should hopefully fix that.

I think it's looping into recovery because the recovery flag was set when I rebooted the phone (I selected reboot into recovery from my rom) Wondering if this flag will be reset if the battery is drained to 0%?

Because really, the phone itself should be functional, just getting past this recovery loop is the real problem :(

clownstyle

Apr 23, 2005
Interesting...

So I've replaced the USB port on the phone and STILL get the same error. Tried another laptop, same error. Tried removing samsung drivers from the windows driver store and reinstalling using smart switch... same error!

Pulling my hair out here guys!

CQNZR

Oct 9, 2017
Hi all, bit of a strange problem here.

I've recently updated TWRP from the official app and installed the latest recovery for my phone.. Problem is my TWRP screen is now green, and I cant touch any on screen buttons when in recovery. Because the recovery flag was set last time I rebooted the phone it keeps going into recovery and just freezing :(

To add insult to injury my USB port seems to be faulty (has been for a while) so I can't even connect with ODIN to reflash the recovery.. So I seem to be stuck in a predicament here. Windows advises the machine has malfunctioned and will not recognise the device. I wish this was a driver issue but after testing with a number of cables / machines I can safely say it's a hardware issue.

Is there anyway to reset the recovery flag so I can at least get back on my phone? Or any other options?

Did you manage to fix this? Mine is doing the exact same thing, it's green and uninteractable... I don't get any windows errors tho.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Windows errors occur even when the phone is in Download Mode?